Best Cozumel beach club for kids 11 and under?

linderruth

Trying to narrow down choices for Cozumel beach excursion (not cruise line). 7 of us, so economy matters. Activities for kids 3, 6,11 a must. Helpful if 3 is free. Don't need open bar or fancy food. Hopefully beach is not rocky or too much seaweed. Top choices so far seem to be Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sancho's.

Edited by linderruth
Add

Go to your public library and get a GUIDEBOOK...reference section.....there is seldom a need to PAY for a beach day....so do your research and find a public beach! Most have chair/umbrella rentals. If you want an AI beach day, consider what the "AI" actually includes! If you won't use most of the "included" stuff, you will be wasting your $$!

I've been wondering the same thing. Our kids are 12, 9, 5, and 2. Originally, I planned on going with Paradise Beach because we didn't need AI. However, I read somewhere on CC that children in swim diapers aren't allowed in the pool there, which has me leaning toward Playa Mia to keep the two who aren't independent swimmers occupied. The cost breakdown of the two are pretty much the same when you factor in the $10 pp food and drink minimum at Paradise Beach.

9 days to go! I better get this figured out :cool:

I wanted to add in another option. We went to Chankanaab beach park. Its a short taxi ride from the pier. It has a beach with snorkelling opportunities and other attractions like wildlife. You can buy food and drink there but it was reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Playa Mia and enjoyed it- kids are 9, 7, and 3. My 3 year old LOVED the splash area and the big kids enjoyed the water slides as well as the pool and the inflatables out in the ocean. It really had something for everyone! The food was sort of unremarkable, but with kids sometimes that's a good thing! It was a pretty relaxing day for us because the kids were so occupied the whole time- we just had to supervise!

• 3 weeks later...

My (then) 9 and 6 yo really enjoyed Paradise a Beach Club - but we mostly used the pool. Playa Mia sounds like it would have been a grat option too. We did a private tour with Black Hat Tours (very reasonably priced) - and ended with a stop at Paradise Beach Club. The whole day probably cost us about $150 for two adults and two kids (including private driver for the day - can't remember the daft hours now).

• 1 month later...

We went to Mr. Sanchos with our kids. We did all inclusive but the kids did not. We had to sit in the pay as you go section but it was fine and closer to the water toys.

We have also went to Mr. Sanchos with just adults and sat on the all inclusive side. It really isn't a huge difference of the area.

playa Mia is fantastic! Our 9 year old had a blast in the pool with all the water features and then on the beach. He even went on the inflatables which we thought he'd be too scared for.

I don't love any Cozumel beaches (rocky to me) but the pools at playa Mia so fantastic for kids.

We didn't eat, just brought snacks so can't tell you there.

Chatanuba (sp?) park is fun but I don't like it for kids unless a pool is enough. The beach only has one tiny area for swimming. The rest is a STEEP drop off.

We figured paradise beach is better for teens since they don't have the same pool setup.

We had lots of kids in our group last trip. Ages 3-10. We did Paradise Beach. It is a cheap quick taxi ride. Has a large outdoor pool. It will be your cheapest option, especially if you don't pay for the extra costs of water inflatables. We didn't as the pool and beach was enough.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

We did Playa Mia, during Christmas holidays and it wasn't overly busy. Kids were aged 4,6,8,10 and grandma and me (mom) were easily able to supervise between the different areas. We did the waterslide (super slow so that wasn't as exciting as it looked), kids spray park for little ones, big swim around pool, over to lunch buffet, beach, swim to the inflateables - the 4 year old would never make it, and I had life jackets on everyone else including me as it is a good distance with the current, back to the beach and into the beachfront pool I think it was close to $100 US per person from the ship. I would do it again via the ship as it offers peace of mind with the bus etc. We went as 6 of us. I googled the prices afterwards and they were about 1/2 to go on your own from port, but I wasn't wanting to separate our family or grandma from us!