Paradise Cove (Deadman's Reef) or Taino Beach in Freeport

KKnKT

We're headed to Freeport in less than 60 days. Paradise Cove really looks like a great place! There will be a good sized group of us (about 10) so I want to make sure that the place I pick doesn't disappoint the family.

I'm really hoping someone has an update! Thanks!

We're headed to Freeport in less than 60 days. Paradise Cove really looks like a great place! There will be a good sized group of us (about 10) so I want to make sure that the place I pick doesn't disappoint the family.

I'm really hoping someone has an update! Thanks!

We ended up going here last November after reading this and we were a bit disappointed in our day there. The staff was rude and the beach wasn't that great (as in it is totally rocky and entering from the beach was really hard and very slippery). I did a complete review of our day there with TONS of pictures. We made the best of it, but in our opinion, we wouldn't personally go back. :(

We are in Freeport on the Pride in October, looking at this option as well. 7-1 is our time, wondering if this is feasible given our short day there.

We just got off the Pride last month and was trying to figure out something to do while in port for such a VERY SHORT day in Freeport. Just with our experience in going to Paradise (on NCL and was there until around 5pm or so) I would never chance trying to go to Paradise on this time frame. Carnival makes it really hard to do much when they are in port for such a short amount of time (but I completely understand since they have to make it all the way back to Baltimore). :)

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I was wondering what everyone thinks of Taino Beach, this thread seems to be focused on Paradise Cove. My friend and I were planning on hitting Taino Beach via taxi next month.

We're just looking to sit under an umbrella and chill out. I've looked around for day passes but I'm hoping for some advice.

What do you think of Taino Beach? Is there anything you'd like to share, please? Thank you in advance for your advice and have a great day!

Tanya :cool:

Hello!

I was wondering what everyone thinks of Taino Beach, this thread seems to be focused on Paradise Cove. My friend and I were planning on hitting Taino Beach via taxi next month.

We're just looking to sit under an umbrella and chill out. I've looked around for day passes but I'm hoping for some advice.

What do you think of Taino Beach? Is there anything you'd like to share, please? Thank you in advance for your advice and have a great day!

Tanya :cool:

We enjoyed Taino Beach. There are a number of reviews for Junkanoo Beach Club. (Not Junkanoo beach Nassau)Search that on the board. We just went to the free part of the beach. It was clean, the public bathroom was fine. There are a few beach shacks with food. Some rent loungers. They were free the day we went to Tony Macaroni's because it was slow. We just had to eat there. It was January so it was quiet. I liked it better than the public beach at Port Lucaya.

Make sure you confirm when the taxis are going back. Since it was slow the day we were the taxis thinned out near the end of the day.

Taino Beach Resort emailed me that they sell day passes. This is not the same taxi stop as the public part of Taino Beach where Junkanoo Beach Club is. You would take the taxi to Port Lucaya and the ferry to the hotel. ($10 rt/pp +$6 rt/pp) I have never been there though. Some ship excursions go there.

Edited by mawvkysc

• 5 months later...
hdr_location.jpg

We ended up spending $80 on cab fare

Thank you Armedaneian for the great review of Deadmans Reef!!

Was cab fare really $80?!? :confused: That seems really high even for RT.

Thanks!:)

Edited by SokoNC

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have read confusing reviews, a lot spoke about the limited time to snorkel because bus ride is long. But when i called they said no time limit and you can come back after 2, 4 or 6 hours. Also, we have our own equipment, should I just bring it and take a cab or book the snorkel excursion? great review , awesome pics!!!!

• 2 weeks later...