Discount Cruise Parkin at Galveton

mazeke

I have used various cruise parking lots in Galveston that took you to the port in a shuttle. My recommendation is to check out Galveston Park N Cruise at New Strand and 25th St. who has become my parking area of choice. Located just across the street from the Carnival terminal, there is no need for a shuttle. They have both gated outdoor parking or indoor parking. Yes, they are a bit more expensive but not having to ride that shuttle is worth it to me. I opt for indoor.

Driving to Galveston from the north, I DO NOT follow Carnival's directions. Take I-45 south and follow it into town (do not get off at Harborside Drive). It becomes Broadway. Stay on Broadway and go straight until you get to 18th Street where you will turn left. Stay on 18th Street to Harborside Drive and turn left. The port entrance will be on your right at 21st Street . The reason I come this way is that traffic gets backed up on Harborside and they need to take a left into the port area. It's much easier to access the port taking that right at the traffic light.

Drop off your luggage (and passengers if you want) and make your way back out of the port area to Galveston Park N cruise. There you can park your car and just walk across the street. When we come back to port, we self disembark and just wheel our luggage back to the car. We found luggage with 4 wheels works very easily.

Hope that helps you.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody recently used DCP for cruise parking? I've noticed the reviews are very mixed. We have reservations but am wondering if we should change to a different company. Thanks

The Port of Galveston has a lot at 33rd Street and Harborside Drive with covered parking and a shuttle to/from the cruise terminal.

They offer discounts if you book early and pre pay with a cc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have used various cruise parking lots in Galveston that took you to the port in a shuttle. My recommendation is to check out Galveston Park N Cruise at New Strand and 25th St. who has become my parking area of choice. Located just across the street from the Carnival terminal, there is no need for a shuttle. They have both gated outdoor parking or indoor parking. Yes, they are a bit more expensive but not having to ride that shuttle is worth it to me. I opt for indoor.

Driving to Galveston from the north, I DO NOT follow Carnival's directions. Take I-45 south and follow it into town (do not get off at Harborside Drive). It becomes Broadway. Stay on Broadway and go straight until you get to 18th Street where you will turn left. Stay on 18th Street to Harborside Drive and turn left. The port entrance will be on your right at 21st Street . The reason I come this way is that traffic gets backed up on Harborside and they need to take a left into the port area. It's much easier to access the port taking that right at the traffic light.

Drop off your luggage (and passengers if you want) and make your way back out of the port area to Galveston Park N cruise. There you can park your car and just walk across the street. When we come back to port, we self disembark and just wheel our luggage back to the car. We found luggage with 4 wheels works very easily.

Hope that helps you.

Definitely the way to go! 👍🚢

DH & I love walking to a cruise even if rolling all our luggage; do it regularly in FLL to terminal 2.

My question for Galveston parking with no shuttle: what do you do when its blowing rain?? We're formerly from Clear Lake area so very much aware of Gulf coast weather possibilities, especially during height of hurricane season. I realize drop off/pick up of family & bags at terminal can occur, but won't that mean the driver gets soaked running to parking garage since no shuttle?

Just want to get ideas of how others may have dealt with the weather.

Thanks!

DH & I love walking to a cruise even if rolling all our luggage; do it regularly in FLL to terminal 2.

My question for Galveston parking with no shuttle: what do you do when its blowing rain?? We're formerly from Clear Lake area so very much aware of Gulf coast weather possibilities, especially during height of hurricane season. I realize drop off/pick up of family & bags at terminal can occur, but won't that mean the driver gets soaked running to parking garage since no shuttle?

Just want to get ideas of how others may have dealt with the weather.

Thanks!

The driver brings an umbrella or a poncho.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The driver brings an umbrella or a poncho.

Yep, we always have these items when we cruise. The concern isn't so much for boarding the ship as changing into dry clothes is simple, even if cabins aren't open, as dry clothes can be in carry-on. But for departure, wearing damp or wet clothes (even if just pant legs) for a drive home of several hours, just doesn't seem like much fun :rolleyes: :eek:

As DH always wants to be the driver, I'm thinking we'll just have to deal with the shuttle business!

I do appreciate the input ;)