Can I transfer a Celebrity booking to an Azamara sailing

coldweathergirl

We love sailing and I also love planning. Sometimes to my detriment.

We have multiple Celebrity cruises booked. Most of these had been booked while on board a ship. It appears that we probably won't be able to sail on one of our cruises and sad to say for the timeframe we're looking to sail, we've done most of the itineraries or they aren't inspiring me. It is before final payment

I'm wondering if it's possible to move this Celebrity reservation to Azamara as their itineraries are more appealing right now. We're already booked in January on a B2B with Azamara so it would be for a different sailing. If it's not possible I may either just outright cancel the Celebrity booking or choose some future sailing with the intention of moving it again.

From reading reviews and posts I'm sure we will enjoy Azamara. We love Celebrity and Azamara seems like they take service and the guest experience up several notches.

I know I could easily call Captains Club and ask them but for the time being I'm being lazy and asking here. I did a search on cc but didn't find anything. I know Bonnie reads the posts so hoping she can chime in.

Everyone on the Azamara board are so helpful and pleasant so thanks in advance.

Annwyl

I'm sorry ColdWeatherGirl, but no. Our two company's sets of books (accounting books) are completely separate.

But we'd be happy to sell you a cruise on Azamara Club Cruises whenever you're ready to try us out! <3

Thanks so much for the very prompt reply Bonnie.

From all the great things I've read and heard about Azamara, I'm sure once we've sailed on the Quest in January it won't be the last you'll be seeing of us. :D

Bonnie - I booked a celebrity cruise whilst on azamara so the booking systems can't be completely seperate surely ?

Yes they are two separate system. They have to log in in 2 different system depending if you want to book a Celebrity Cruise or an Azamara Cruise.

I'm confused as to what you would gain by this transfer, as opposed to cancelling the Celebrity cruise and booking on Azamara. I believe that Canadians have the same rules as USA passengers on Celebrity, with no cancellation penalties far out from sail date.

I'm confused as to what you would gain by this transfer, as opposed to cancelling the Celebrity cruise and booking on Azamara. I believe that Canadians have the same rules as USA passengers on Celebrity, with no cancellation penalties far out from sail date.

Actually I was thinking about doing the sam e sort of thing. Maybe to keep an on board credit associated with the Celebrity book on board offer? I booked a celebrity cruise while on board Anthem of the seas last year. I guess I cannot. Thanks for answering Bonnie.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It would have been to keep the booking on board promos.

It would have been to keep the booking on board promos.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. So you can't do that, but you do benefit from the Celebrity-Azamara common loyalty program. And if Azamara runs a better deal between now and final payment, you should be able to get the savings.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. So you can't do that, but you do benefit from the Celebrity-Azamara common loyalty program. And if Azamara runs a better deal between now and final payment, you should be able to get the savings.

Yes, we're very thankful that our loyalty transfers to Azamara. We're discoverer plus because of our Celebrity sailings.

We still enjoy Celebrity and have several cruises booked with them but we're tiring of their itineraries. We're hoping we enjoy Azamara when we sail on the Quest in January and will then have another option for cruises as they have some different itineraries from Celebrity. We sailed Oceania in South Africa a couple of years ago because of the itinerary but found that we didn't enjoy Oceania that much as it wasn't nearly as good as the cheerleaders boasted.

Bonnie - I booked a celebrity cruise whilst on azamara so the booking systems can't be completely seperate surely ?

I think Bonnie is referring to the P&L statements, not the booking system per se. A TA can book any of RCI, X or Azamara on the same website and the confirmations are virtually identical, other than the company logo. :) But once it gets into who get the deposit or has to pay the OBC or other promotions, they keep things separate.

Having said that, I have in the past been able to transfer reservations across company lines. But I haven't tried to in years.