any changes or thoughts on leaving out of Barcelona soon

dznypal

we are booked to leave on the Med in just 3 weeks--with all the terrioist in Barcelona

I was just wondering if any one knows if there were any changes for the cruise leaving this tomorrow

were just a little nervous going there now--so far our TA said our date should not be effected but just the thought of going there now is rather unnerving

just wondering how any of you leave that are leaving soon

thanks and take care

we are booked to leave on the Med in just 3 weeks--with all the terrioist in Barcelona

I was just wondering if any one knows if there were any changes for the cruise leaving this tomorrow

were just a little nervous going there now--so far our TA said our date should not be effected but just the thought of going there now is rather unnerving

just wondering how any of you leave that are leaving soon

thanks and take care

This was just posted on another forum I'm on:

Due to the recent terror attack in Barcelona, Disney Cruise Line has begun contacting passengers set to board the Disney Magic there on Saturday, August 19th.

Currently, the sailing is scheduled to depart as planned, but Disney Cruise Line is continuing to monitor the situation and advised that the safety of their guests and crew is their first concern.

Due to increased security at the airport, in the port, and throughout the city, Disney Cruise Line has suggested that guests should give themselves extra travel time.

Any guests needing assistance should contact their travel agent or Disney Cruise Line at 855-633-2784 (in the U.S.) or 00-800-871-90466 (in Barcelona).

Personally, I'd keep my plans.

As you have a reservation, DCL will keep you apprised as to what changes, if any, they plan.

I'm with Shmoo--for now, I'd keep all my plans as scheduled. I've been on two cruise where there were possible safety issues. Both were monitored by DCL, and in one instance the cruise was altered as DCL felt the original plan was not the best.

DCL will deal with guests in order of their cruise embarkation date. Obviously this is an "in flux" situation. As far as your cruise in 3 weeks, I wouldn't change anything at this point. There may be more security at the airport and at the cruise terminal. It shouldn't interfere with your enjoyment of your vacation.

The area where the attack occurred is an eclectic boulevard called Las Ramblas, and is not too far from where the ship will be docked (the port is not walkable, however). It is crowded and prone to pick pockets to begin with. Even without this attack, it's an area where I would recommend one "be aware". Now that is especially true.

Spanish security will be high. The port should already be more secure. I would not personally cancel a cruise to the Mediterranean originating from Barcelona, but I might forgo Las Ramblas. And I would "be aware".

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scheduled to arrive in Barcelona on September 6th. Boarding the Magic on the 9th barring any changes from DCL. Already practice good situational awareness especially in high traffic tourist areas. Will continue this is an even more concentrated manner while touring Spain.

Glad to be staying on for the WBTA and not have to deal with airport security for an outbound flight from Barcelona.

Great point about the Pick Pocketing that goes on in port cities. One reason we wear a sport vest like Columbia or such with inside pockets that hold valuables. They look nice and keep our wallets in front and on the inside for a little more safekeeping while sight seeing.

The area where the attack occurred is an eclectic boulevard called Las Ramblas, and is not too far from where the ship will be docked (the port is not walkable, however). It is crowded and prone to pick pockets to begin with. Even without this attack, it's an area where I would recommend one "be aware". Now that is especially true.

Spanish security will be high. The port should already be more secure. I would not personally cancel a cruise to the Mediterranean originating from Barcelona, but I might forgo Las Ramblas. And I would "be aware".

Sent from my iPad using Forums