HSB new rental rules

Poohb

We just got back from Bermuda. We went to HSB early and as the family (3 small kids included) went to "Baby Bay", I went to get the $150 VIP rental package. I was told that they no longer are 'allowed' to rent umbrellas and chairs to be used in that area; only directly in front of their rental stand. It was extremely disappointing since 3 of us need to avoid the sun as much as possible. We spent a lot of time 'hiding' against the rocks. BTW bring Cheerios from the ship and feed the fishes. The kids loved watching them jumping out of the water to snag the food.

So you can no longer get a rental set up close to the water front itself?

When the OP wrote that "no longer are 'allowed' to rent umbrellas and chairs to be used in that area", that area he referred to is "Baby Bay" or baby beach which is located to the right of the main beach as you enter.

SBtS

How far to the right is "Baby Bay" from the entry/amenities at HSB? And now we definitely can't rent an umbrella in that area? So were you able to get enough shade with the rocks? We will have our almost 18 month old with us in Oct. who probably wouldn't allow us to sit under the umbrella anyway as she will want to be in the water (based on a recent beach trip), but I was hoping for some shade. Thank you!

How far to the right is "Baby Bay" from the entry/amenities at HSB? And now we definitely can't rent an umbrella in that area? So were you able to get enough shade with the rocks? We will have our almost 18 month old with us in Oct. who probably wouldn't allow us to sit under the umbrella anyway as she will want to be in the water (based on a recent beach trip), but I was hoping for some shade. Thank you!

You could carry a portable umbrella(s) with you. See satellite photo below:

enhance

SBtS

The shade is very minimal. Only early morning 9/10am and that's only if you 'hug' the rocks. Once the sun is overhead there is NO SHADE. We left before noon. Baby Bay is perfect for little ones; calm and shallow.

Here's a July thread you should read, titled: Bring your own umbrella/beach chairs? .

SBtS

You could carry a portable umbrella(s) with you. See satellite photo below:

SBtS

Thank you for the photo and response! I did read the thread about the umbrella. We will probably bring an umbrella of some sort then even though I doubt my toddler will stay under it! :)

The shade is very minimal. Only early morning 9/10am and that's only if you 'hug' the rocks. Once the sun is overhead there is NO SHADE. We left before noon. Baby Bay is perfect for little ones; calm and shallow.

Thank you! We are hoping to go in the morning for a couple hours and we will probably leave by noon as well, depending when we arrive.