Platinum Dinners

The problem was that I didn't want an entree. I wanted shrimp cocktail, soup and salad. She insisted I could have an entree and desert with the voucher. I said forget it....I'll pay for my shrimp, salad and soup. I should have read the fine lines on the voucher....my fault.

BTW never received a free bottle of wine....again didn't pay attention to the voucher.

I am surprised at your wait person. Ours when we have used our voucher have been super accommodating. They have allowed adjustments as long as they didn't affect the overall price that much. Of course you can't have 2 entrees but otherwise I have changed this out fo this. I asked ahead of time,as soon as we sat down and did it in a very pleasant way. no problems!!!!!:confused:

you get 2 nights with dinner for two. We usually choose Le Bistro and Cagney's or Modernos but since the changes I am not sure which we can have. I know Le Bistro is still one of them.

The 2 dinners are now:

1) Dinner For Two At Cagney's Or Le Bistro With A Bottle Of Wine

2) Dinner For Two At Moderno Or La Cucina

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Just off the Jade. We are platinum and sailed in an aft suite. We had the four dinner package and the beverage package. There were also two "free dinners" for being platinum. Read the fine print on the Cagney voulcher. It is only good for $20. Twenty dollars doesn't go far at Cagneys so we had to pay for more than half of our meal there.

We had originally planned to eat in a specialty restaurant every night. After the freebies ran out we just hit the buffet and other free venues. We found having lunch in Cagneys and dinner in the buffet worked out for us after the free stuff ran out! IMPO the specialty restaurants aren't worth the money at the ala carte venues!

I believe that the $20 restriction at Cagney's is for the main dish only. (Steak or fish etc.) It is not the total for the whole meal... You can easily have a meal at Cagney's at $20/person. Also, many have reported they were allowed to order more than 1 side with dinner. I guess it never hurts to ask.

Hi-

The 2 of us are Platinum and have the dining package for a total of 5 meals for the Breakaway on 8/20. In the past, we always dined Platinum in both Cagney's and Bistro with a bottle of wine as a perk in each. Is it now one or the other?

. Thanks!

I've been platinum for about 15 years. Cagney's was never the Platinum benefit before February. . La Bistro was the only choice for at least the last 10 years. Somehow you got an "exception".

I've been platinum for about 15 years. Cagney's was never the Platinum benefit before February. . La Bistro was the only choice for at least the last 10 years. Somehow you got an "exception".

There were other options available before the change (although I agree, never Cagneys). Before it's price went up in November 2015 we usually used our vouchers in Moderno. La Cucina was also usually an option, as I recall it.

I have sailed NCL 5 times since February. Details about about cost are the restriction for the entree. But- also be advised that technically the Cagney sides are also all extra charges at $2 piece. Yes sometimes exceptions have been given, but I wouldn't expect any. The details are written clearly on the vouchers. .

I believe that the $20 restriction at Cagney's is for the main dish only. (Steak or fish etc.) It is not the total for the whole meal... You can easily have a meal at Cagney's at $20/person. Also, many have reported they were allowed to order more than 1 side with dinner. I guess it never hurts to ask.

When I was on the Epic in Feb I was told no sides were included, all were an extra cost.

• 2 weeks later...

one know if Ocean Blue an be used if you have the dining package? We see an additional fee but not sure how it

We too have the 3SDP and platinum dinners.

Due to the 20$ entree limit, we are going to use the platinum vouchers at Le Bistro and Moderno. The SDP gives you more flexibility.

So we'll do Cagney's on SDP and Le Bistro with platinum and wine voucher.

Moderno on platinum (no wine voucher) and La Cucina on SDP.

Then an additional restaurant on SDP.

You can no longer do both Cagney's and Le Bistro on platinum vouchers.

Don't mean to hijack but you folks seem knowledgeable

On the SDP, is there a restriction on the entree price (can I get lobster at Cage yes w/o surcharge?

Limited to one app and one dessert?

Sides.

Thanks!

Generally there are no limits to entree prices with the SDP. However there are a couple of entrees in Ocean Blue which are not included, from memory.

Your bigger problem will be that there is no lobster in Cagneys these days anyway.

Do any of the venues serve lobster? Not even surf and turf at Cagneys? ☹️

Surf and turf at Cagneys is shrimp, not lobster, and I don't think the Platinum perk includes it.

Maybe the megaships have a lobster dish in one of their restaurants but the other ships don't. Unless an MDR offers it for an upcharge but I think even that's no longer.

Surf and turf at Cagneys is shrimp, not lobster, and I don't think the Platinum perk includes it.

Maybe the megaships have a lobster dish in one of their restaurants but the other ships don't. Unless an MDR offers it for an upcharge but I think even that's no longer.

On our June cruise on the Escape, the only restaurant with a Lobster entree was Bayamo's. (The officer who oversaw Bayamo's told us they were the only one!) We did love everything we tried at this restaurant:D

It is really, truly all about you and how you interact with your waiter. If you go into the restaurant, ranting about policies and waving copies of the Latitude rules in their face, you probably are going to get exactly what the policy permits,,,, not a crouton more.

We have sailed 3 times since February and have always got 2 sides each at Cagney's with no extra charge. And we have ordered extra appetizers at Le Bistro, telling the waiter that we were willing to pay for them. Never an extra charge. Those are the waiters that get Hero Cards for outstanding service.

We are Plat plus and have some free dinners coming. However, we are on vacation and we have two weeks on the ship, so we'll wait until we are on board to make our plans. We do prefer spontaneity and decide during the day. So far we have always found a venue and time slot to our liking. Happy relaxed cruising.

This is an interesting post - as this will be me next year. 5 of us in a suite - we each have 4 free meals as part of the holiday. But 3 of us at Platinum members. So how does that work?

2 Platinum Dinners for 2 for the suite. (Could be used to pay for the 5th person for 2 meals).

4 people get 4 free dinners (non transferable - the person with the dinner has to use the dinner).

2 Platinum Dinners for 2 for the suite. (Could be used to pay for the 5th person for 2 meals).

4 people get 4 free dinners (non transferable - the person with the dinner has to use the dinner).

The latitudes benefit 1 PER CABIN, NOT per person.

So if only one cabin it is 2 vouchers a dinner for 2. 1 each at the 2 venue choices.

Sorry but I am still confused......I have no trouble when it is just DH and myself BUT we are 6 in one suite and 7 in another.....all Platinum Plus. Would this still mean only "two" dinners for two for each suite?

The 2 dinners are now:

1) Dinner For Two At Cagney's Or Le Bistro With A Bottle Of Wine

2) Dinner For Two At Moderno Or La Cucina

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

thanks, yes, I know. I was forgetting we had the dining package as well and got a little confused. It happens as we get older, you know 40 plus. :halo:

It is really, truly all about you and how you interact with your waiter. If you go into the restaurant, ranting about policies and waving copies of the Latitude rules in their face, you probably are going to get exactly what the policy permits,,,, not a crouton more.

We have sailed 3 times since February and have always got 2 sides each at Cagney's with no extra charge. And we have ordered extra appetizers at Le Bistro, telling the waiter that we were willing to pay for them. Never an extra charge. Those are the waiters that get Hero Cards for outstanding service.

We have had positive experiences as well. Treat the wait staff with total respect and you might be surprised at what they will do for you :halo:

We are Plat plus and have some free dinners coming. However, we are on vacation and we have two weeks on the ship, so we'll wait until we are on board to make our plans. We do prefer spontaneity and decide during the day. So far we have always found a venue and time slot to our liking. Happy relaxed cruising.

We will also wait til we board to decide. BTY, glad you are still cruising, I wonder how many of us from the original Jewel crossing are still posting here?