What dress is best for formal night?

Welcome to CC.

Very hard to answer without more information. What cruise line? Some are more formal than others.

Most cruiseline use a suggestion of cocktail dress, but that is also just a suggestion. Wear the dress that you like and are more comfortable wearing - you will see all types of dresses.

OP has started thee threads in rapid succession on this board. None of which give the name of the ship, or even the cruise line, they are taking.

Please do so so you can be directed to the appropriate line-specific board where better, more specific answers can be found.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You might want to ask on the RCI board.

I would think that some dresses look more formal then others and that color is not the main reason; likely the look of the dress.

If you have photos of them I have seen people post them to get feedback.

Keith

On our RCCL cruise last month they allowed people in the MDR on formal night in anything. Many men in open necked shirts and trousers, and some even in jeans and polo shirts.

Why bother with a dress code at all. It was not enforced.

The standard of dress was higher in the specialty restaurants at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiord Maiden - on RCCL there is no dress code, other than no shorts in the MDR on an evening, and the usual no bare feet, swimsuits, etc. in eating locations.

This is a very controversial point on the RC boards. Cruising has definitely become more casual over the years.

The evening dress code is listed as a "suggestion " for each evening - you cannot enforce a suggestion. Formal attire is not required.

If your cruise has 2 formal nights, bring all 3 and wear the least formal one on a smart casual night. Or bring a tie dye scarf/wrap and wear the pink one on 70s night. Have fun and feel good in whatever you wear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fiord Maiden - on RCCL there is no dress code, other than no shorts in the MDR on an evening, and the usual no bare feet, swimsuits, etc. in eating locations.... This is a very controversial point on the RC boards. Cruising has definitely become more casual over the years.

Yes, and even then we are reading of people in the MDR in shorts. It has become a casual cruise line where you can dress up if you want to.

Yes, and even then we are reading of people in the MDR in shorts. It has become a casual cruise line where you can dress up if you want to.

Unfortunately I misunderstood their website which is full of 'suggestions' for what I should take to wear. Won't make THAT mistake again. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really depends on the dress, it's "cut", length, and material. A sparkly black dress made of t-shirt material is hardly "formal"....post some photos!!!

My thoughts exactly! How is anyone answering this question based solely on a color? :confused::o:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...