Seaside Aurea Grand suites 11003,11002,10003,10002,12003,12002 Etc

dmccadden

TC ... It has become a mess because the two Wellness suites were originally Aurea GS, MSC throwing them in as Wellness has added to the confusion.

We ourselves have accepted that we will not find out what our Aft Aurea Suite will look like until we actually open the door on 23rd December unless someone from the T.A crossing posts one beforehand.

The issue of the websites showing conflicting info does MSC no credit at all and you have to wonder if it is being done on purpose.

One day MSC will accept that they cannot continue to micro manage a global organisation.

Hello, I found myself in the same situation with a family of five booked in room 13001 thinking it was a two bedroom two bath. I originally booked in May of 2016. My travel agent got involved and after many calls, I was offered two B3 balcony adjoining staterooms on deck nine with sleeper sofas and large balconies. I maintained all of my Aurea perks and my Black Card loyalty status with no change in booking. I am satisfied, but did I lose anything in this trade? I also kept my $300 obc...

I am currently booked in Grand suite 13001, leaving Italy on 1/12/2017, which we also booked as a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite - on having seen this forum I contacted MSC Australia and was informed that yes, although they had no plans for the room they had confirmed with Head Office that Grand Suite 13001 is in actual fact a one bedroom one bathroom suite. They were apparently selling the cabins without even knowing what they were. Certainly not what we had been told or believed we had booked. The MSC offer - a "goodwill" gesture of $100 per person OBC!!!!!!! We have 4 adults in the suite (2 couples) and they cant even tell us the floorplan of the suite. Surely it is by now almost complete. To say I am unhappy is an understatement. Will be re contacting MSC after having read your post noah300.

I think by now that MSC know they have a big problem and are just hoping that they can buy people off at low cost to themselves.

With regard to the ship it is far from being finished at this moment in time.

Hello, I found myself in the same situation with a family of five booked in room 13001 thinking it was a two bedroom two bath. I originally booked in May of 2016. My travel agent got involved and after many calls, I was offered two B3 balcony adjoining staterooms on deck nine with sleeper sofas and large balconies. I maintained all of my Aurea perks and my Black Card loyalty status with no change in booking. I am satisfied, but did I lose anything in this trade? I also kept my $300 obc...

We booked a Grand Suite for 2 couples. We had to change to 2 B3 balcony staterooms and had to incur the additional costs. Still waiting for word from MSC on what they plan on doing for compensation.

Just received the following email from MSC finally acknowledging that we have a 1/1 instead of a 2/2 that was booked. No accommodations mentioned. Sleeping arrangements don't work for us unless my husband and I use the sofa bed and 2 of the 3 kids use the queen bed as 2 singles. That's not gong to happen - we're full size adults! Lol. I heard it was a tight fit for pre-teens.

"Dear Guest,

We are looking forward to having you aboard MSC Seaside, which is sure to be the hottest and most state of the art new ship sailing the Caribbean when she debuts in December 2017. Onboard you’ll enjoy a unique 360 degree waterfront boardwalk with outdoor restaurants and bars, modern pools with breathtaking sea views, and a wide variety of Mediterranean and international cuisines, including a specialty pan-Asian dining experience created by award-winning Chef Roy Yamaguchi.

As MSC Seaside is a brand new ship with a completely different layout and design than any other ship in our fleet, we wanted to share with you the details of your Grand Suite as well as the experience you booked. Your 1 bedroom/1 bathroom Grand Suite accommodates up to 5 guests and includes a queen bed (can be converted into 2 single beds), a double sofa bed as well as a Pullman bed. Your stateroom also includes a spacious balcony area where you can unwind and relax and take in some of the best ocean views on the ship. As part of the Aurea Experience, you’ll also receive a number of perks, including: "

I have zero experience with MSC (1st cruise with them is June 2018) and I didn't book a GS but if I did book a GS (and didn't visit CC), I would probably cancel.

Forum people have known about this and many have made changes when needed. Imagine the people who have no idea about the GS situation and only know what was on the MSC site when they booked.

I got the letter too. I will be calling soon to see what sort of compensation I can work out of this, though to be honest by the time I booked after reading here I had already assumed it would be 1/1 rather than a 2/2 suite. The rate I booked is excellent for a 1/1 so I will sail regardless. The total fare for the 4 of us closely matches a balcony cabin on Carnival on a similar itinerary the same week, and that wouldn't include the free drinks.

I suspect this email is a purely CYA move so that those who board expecting a 2/2 and are surprised to find a 1/1 behind the door will have no legal recourse as MSC can say "we sent you an email with plenty of time to cancel or change your plans!".

I'm open-minded regarding the on-board experience, but their customer service and website leave a lot to be desired so far.

I have had to poke my supervisor again today for an answer. She has come back saying once her manager has the info on which cabins are 2+2 she will get back to me.

So I thought I would help MSC out and tell them which these are:rolleyes:

UK offices are still sticking to the waiting to hear back from inventory line!

An email/letter has gone out to all US MSC guests advising them, so unsure why UK MSC are not privy to this information.

MSC USA have confirmed in a tweet to us that only 11001, 12001 and14001 are the 2/2 configuration.

Please keep us updated with what compensation you get offered.

Thanks

Just wanted to chime in. We also booked a Grand Suite - 13003 - thinking it was a 2 bd 2 ba. I would be fine if it was a 1bd as long as it has a door, but I keep being told that it doesn't have a door. I'm not sure how they know this since no one can tell me the layout. I have also been pressured into taking 2 balcony cabins in exchange for the suite. I have been offered $300 on board credit IF I switch to the balcony cabins and a free Internet Surfer pkg. When I declined I was told I had already been moved! I THINK they moved me back, but now I'm worried again. I was also made to feel pretty silly that I didn't take this GREAT deal which has MUCH more room than the GS> Again, how can they know that 2 cabins are bigger considering they have no idea what the GS will look like. I'm so frustrated. Trying to stay positive and think good thoughts about MSC still.

Oh, one last thing - they pretty much told me this was it, take it or leave it. If I don't like it cancel. :-(

I would hazard a guess that the two cabins overall dimension would be larger than the GS on 13 due to the fact that as the ship superstructure rises the cabin space gets less, they have a generic size of the GS cabins and that is likely why the two cabin spaces are larger.

With regard to the offer its a case of accept or take a court case against MSC for misrepresentation.

Is everyone getting these offers to be switched to connecting balconies?! We booked a GS way back when we thought they were all 2/2 but switched to aft suite once we realized that we only had a 1/1 cabin. I wish we would have kept it until we got an offer...especially now that I feel like the part of the balcony off the back of the ship may be blocked by a metal partition.

My family originally booked the 'wellness' corner grand suite on deck 13. Once I found out from these boards about it NOT being a 2/2, I called and complained and was transferred to a manager. They offered me 2 connecting balcony cabins, the dinner drink package, free surfer internet, some on board credit and 20% off the then going rate for balcony cabins. It was either take that offer or cancel and get my refund back. We took their offer, as having 2 separate balcony cabins worked out better for me and my family. Plus with the 20% off, we saved quite a bit. I'm happy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have just come off the Divina after a week in the Yacht Club, picked up a brochure on the Seaside as we have booked it for next August and it clearly states that the only Two Bedroom GS Suites are14001, 12001 and 11001, luckily I booked 12001 for next August. So it looks like there will only be three two bedroom GS suites.

• 2 months later...
Is everyone getting these offers to be switched to connecting balconies?! We booked a GS way back when we thought they were all 2/2 but switched to aft suite once we realized that we only had a 1/1 cabin. I wish we would have kept it until we got an offer...especially now that I feel like the part of the balcony off the back of the ship may be blocked by a metal partition.

I switched from back because it's one level up from an outside dining venu. Glad I did as 13002came available. I only have 1 child so the 1 bedroom is definitely an upgrade

We booked Jan 2016 for our April 2018 sailing room 13002. Actually I was happily surprised it's a one bedroom instead of just a larger room. And all the perks, free drinks, anytime eating etc. it does sleep five but it's just hubby, myself and our son. Very very excited. Wish I could see pics though.

• 1 month later...

-- bump --

I cannot believe that even today as we speak doing a "ghost"-booking for the grand suites (GS) :

* Corner 1 BD suites

* 1 bedroom suites

* 2 bedroom suites

Are going for the same rates!!

I mean its the same price for all combinations.

You get an extra bedroom PLUS a bath while the unfortunate people who land in the corner suites do not get these extras but still pay the same fee ? unbelievable...

I agree 100% and had a difficult time explain that to my rep at MSC. There should definitely be a 1 bedroom suite price and a 2 bedroom suite price. Not fair that I paid the same for my upcoming cruise as someone who gets an extra bedroom and bathroom.

I agree 100% and had a difficult time explain that to my rep at MSC. There should definitely be a 1 bedroom suite price and a 2 bedroom suite price. Not fair that I paid the same for my upcoming cruise as someone who gets an extra bedroom and bathroom.

Sadly, these things happen. Usually, it's something minor such as balcony size variation or bathtub in some but not others even though the category is the same and the price is the same.

Simple solution would be to call the 1br/1ba a Grand Suite and the 2br/2ba a Grand Suite Plus and charge more for the Plus.

Visit the thread “MSC Seaside Cabin photos only”.

I️ have added a bunch of GS 11003.

Cabin is 1bd/1bth. Very good space. Walk-in closet with bath on other side with Shower. NO tub. Separate bedroom with door. Spacious living area. Inside hallway with very big floor to ceiling mirror.

Negative- Balcony is very small compared to what’s published on website. It is NOT 127sft (usable) space. Maybe around 50sft I️ would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums