"Next Cruise I Will..."

boltnut55

Our next cruise will be on September 12th on the Carnival Inspiration, where I'll be traveling w/my husband and college-aged daughter to celebrate my 50th birthday. During my last cruise on Celebrity, I went to the adult pool (water is warm/hot) on the last sea day and spent a lot of time thinking, "Wow, I should have remembered to do this on my FIRST day!" The last time we were on Celebrity had been about 10+ years ago.

When I go on my next cruise, I'll check out the Serenity retreat earlier, but I was wondering what's on your list of "on my next cruise, I'm going to..." that represents something new/fairly new. Like what else could I be missing out on? :) Thanks.

Going to do all the same stuff as usual

But will read more.

Drink less.

Go to gym more.

Fall asleep round the pool with a book more.

Have one extra slice of deep fried bacon to dip in my egg-yolk at breakfast.

Go to MUTS more,with a blankie and my girl and pop-corn.

Fall asleep at MUTS and have to be sent to cabin cause the crew needs to stack chairs.

Allow myself 2 or 3 hot-dogs.

Smile more.

Engage with the right people and let the loonies go.

Looking forward to having my 4am coffee with the crew and entertainers in the smoking area.

Dancing more and trivia and lectures.

Pack less..I tell myself that every time and never follow through.

However, with a $100 extra charge for an add'l bag, I have no choice this time.

Just remember nobody but you cares what you are wearing!

I pack in a carry on - record is 42+ days

Next trip to Europe will be 80 days including a 15 night TA!

Pretty much the same as always

Find were I can get good Coffee in the morning

Relax

Laugh as much as possible

Read

Enjoy the peace and quite on the balcony

Try new things on the menu

Meet new people

Relax some more

Happy Cruising

Strange discussion. I thought this would be a fun and interesting topic, but I don't think a single reply so far answered the OPs question of trying something new/fairly new. Too much time on the computer I guess.

Sally and I decided to try a different style of cruise for us and booked the Oasis of the Seas for next October. We typically enjoy smaller more intimate ships, so this large busy ship is a new and radical change for us.

Burt

On our cruise in Oct 2016 we will be trying the Carnival Steakhouse for the first time for our anniversary dinner. We've eaten at specialty restaurants on DCL and NCL but not CCL for some reason (and we've sailed CCL the most).

On our cruise in Sept 2017 we will have the UBP and SDP for the first time on NCL Escape. This will definitely be a new experience for us.

We got Your Time dining this time so we can see some of those shows! (We're too old to stay up for late shows.)

And I'm going to zipline, snorkel, and swim through a cave, all for the first time!

Going to send my mother off to one of those all inclusive beach days while I'm swimming through caves!

This is our second cruise, may be our last, so now that we know how things work I'm going all out.

Oh, yes, it's the Dream this time, and it has some big water slides. I'm going down them all many times!

We'll be sailing on a cruise line and ship we've never tried before.

We'll be dining in a couple of the specialty restaurants; something we haven't bothered with before.

This trip is all about maximizing relaxation. We've been to most of the islands on our itinerary several times before. So instead of wearing ourselves out with excursions, we'll find a nice beach to lie on, and do as little as possible.

Try a different coloured cocktail every day.

Next time, I will start an awesome review thread on the message boards! My favourite activity on Cruise Critic is reading the detailed review threads here. When they have lots of photos they make me feel like I'm there. I would love to give back to the community in the same way... hopefully I'm even half as good a storyteller as some of the great posters here!

On my next cruise, I will...NOT spend the day before departure walking in the rain when I had already been feeling under the weather just because I'm in a different city and on "vacation."

I may not attend the Meet & Mingle. Between this and the above, my first day at sea was a sleepy blur.

I WILL spend more time relaxing either in the solarium or by the pool.