Balmoral, Pearl Island or Blue Lagoon

Valmoisy

I looked into these as well as we were just in Nassau last week. The pictures and website for Pearl Island look great but I saw quite a few negative reviews saying that the area is just not ready yet. I've read that the pool isn't complete and there is a lot of construction still happening. I guess it depends on when you are going - sounds like it will be nice but it's not there yet.

Blue Lagoon we've done 3 times now and it's great. The only negative is that I wish it was a longer stay. The boat ride over is nice but they do may a quick stop at Margaritaville to pick up a few more passengers. We got to the Island about 10:40-10:45. They are doing some work on one of the docks so there is some construction there too but if you go left off the dock, you can easily get away from it. There is an Aqua Park, a games area and also snorkeling. We also took the kids over to watch the dolphins swim. The beach itself is beautiful and there are plenty of loungers. The water is clear and shallow - perfect for our 4 and 1 year olds. The boat left at 2 to take us back and we got back about 2:30pm.

Last time we went to Blue Lagoon the water was only 6 inches deep. What a disappointing day. If Balmoral is the beach next to Sandler, it is beautiful. Aqua blue water and nice sittings

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Balmoral is on a private island shared by Sandals Royal Bahamian.

Last time we went to Blue Lagoon the water was only 6 inches deep. What a disappointing day. If Balmoral is the beach next to Sandler, it is beautiful. Aqua blue water and nice sittings

Wow, that's crazy, we've been 3 times, never had it be that shallow. It starts out like that but gets to above my waist out as you walk out further. I guess I prefer it more on the shallow side as I just want to hang out in the water and it's a great depth for kids. I know they have snorkeling so there must be a deeper area on the other side for that.

Wow, that's crazy, we've been 3 times, never had it be that shallow. It starts out like that but gets to above my waist out as you walk out further. I guess I prefer it more on the shallow side as I just want to hang out in the water and it's a great depth for kids. I know they have snorkeling so there must be a deeper area on the other side for that.

On the ocean side of the island (not in the Lagoon), you can snorkel around the rocks. We saw some people snorkeling there the last time we were there.

The snorkeling beach:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Edited by CruisinCrow

On the ocean side of the island (not in the Lagoon), you can snorkel around the rocks. We saw some people snorkeling there the last time we were there.

The snorkeling beach:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Do you have more pics of the island in general. Leaning towards blue lagoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have more pics of the island in general. Leaning towards blue lagoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do. We were there in January and did the Segway tour. Great tour! I posted a review and pictures on my blog. Scroll down to Day 3. http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/01/breezes-nassau.html

Edited by CruisinCrow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello

My 1st time using this. I am very confused what to book. It is a short trip. I want the most beautiful beach, don't care about swimming with dolphins but have an 11 yr old girl and a 6 yr old boy both very active. Also have my 80 yr old father in law(whose more like 60)...so want to have something for all to do. Blue Laggoon sounds great but a little short. i was leaning towards Pearl until I read it was not ready for visitors. Any and all details about each island would be helpful. I like that Balmoral is 5.5 hours long but my kids are so spoiled and swam with the dolphins so many times, its not even special to them anymore. However, if its right in there faces..of course they will want to do it. HELP PLEASE!! Thank you

There are 2 sides to the Blue Lagoon. Another beach is located behind the pavilion. It's open sea, not interior protected lagoon.

Balmoral is a small island off the coast of Cable Beach (Sandals, melia etc). It's shared with Sandals. Balmoral uses the south side/ Sandals the North.

Balmoral is much smaller than Blue Lagoon.

Hello

My 1st time using this. I am very confused what to book. It is a short trip. I want the most beautiful beach, don't care about swimming with dolphins but have an 11 yr old girl and a 6 yr old boy both very active. Also have my 80 yr old father in law(whose more like 60)...so want to have something for all to do. Blue Laggoon sounds great but a little short. i was leaning towards Pearl until I read it was not ready for visitors. Any and all details about each island would be helpful. I like that Balmoral is 5.5 hours long but my kids are so spoiled and swam with the dolphins so many times, its not even special to them anymore. However, if its right in there faces..of course they will want to do it. HELP PLEASE!! Thank you

I ended up booking the Pearl Island excursion for my March 5th cruise. I'm not sure when you're going but I'll report back after my trip to let you know how Pearl Island was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wanted to see if there are any updates about Nassau Beach excursions?

We are only there from 7-2:30, so trying to decide what to do.

Was looking at Blue Lagoon - ordinarily I like to plan mu pwn excursions, but I'm worried about timing with such a short day.

Balmoral and Pearl Island seem less expensive.

Given the short day, probably looking to do just a beach excursion - no dolphin experience (though my kids would love it).

Traveling with kids 10 and 7. Thanks!

I have only been to Blue Lagoon, but it was AWESOME! It was the best day of my whole trip and we didn't even "book" anything special, just layed out on the beach. There are 2 sides though and we didn't really know. We found some hammocks in the shade on the adventure side that had some water floaty things and it was more of a lagoon, but then the other side was open ocean and gorgeous! But there was no shade or hammocks. If I ever go again, I'd probably drag a chair from the lagoon side to the beach side anyway. :)

• 2 months later...
I ended up booking the Pearl Island excursion for my March 5th cruise. I'm not sure when you're going but I'll report back after my trip to let you know how Pearl Island was.

How was pearl island? Any updates or details would be appreciated. We are cruising next May and are still undecided between blue lagoon and pearl island. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any recent reviews or opinions on these 3 locations? Just looking for the best beach

I have only been to Blue Lagoon out of the 3. But looking into all 3, I'd say Blue Lagoon has the best beach - as it has a lagoon! I've been multiple times. The water is protected within the lagoon, crystal clear, not terribly deep, flat, and just perfect. The beach is excellent with great facilities, too.

If you want a relaxed beach day and something a bit unique, I'd take Blue Lagoon for sure.