Blue Lagoon or Balmoral Island

africanviolet

• 4 weeks later...

Did you end up going to either beach? What were your thoughts?

Our group would like to do the dolphin encounter/swim and while the excursion at Blue Lagoon has so many great reviews, I've read there is an extremely long walk from where the tender docks to the beach and dolphin sanctuary. We have one in our party who might have issues with such a trek, so we're also considering Balmoral.

I went to Balmoral. It was a nice enough beach, rocky in some spots. Not a lot to do there other than the beach unless you book the dolphin or stingray encounter which are small sections for each. There was one small gift shop and a couple of places to get a bite to eat. Balmoral is closer than Blue Lagoon, took about 20 mins or so to get there.

If I were to return to Nassau I'd probably check out Blue Lagoon to see the difference.

I went to Balmoral. It was a nice enough beach, rocky in some spots. Not a lot to do there other than the beach unless you book the dolphin or stingray encounter which are small sections for each. There was one small gift shop and a couple of places to get a bite to eat. Balmoral is closer than Blue Lagoon, took about 20 mins or so to get there.

If I were to return to Nassau I'd probably check out Blue Lagoon to see the difference.

Thanks for the reply! Hope you had a great time on your cruise :)

We did Balmoral when we sailed on the MSC Divina a few months ago. The island is right off Cable Beach and it is shared with the Sandals Resort guests (same island but you're in separate areas). The facilities are new and well kept. We thought that the beach was beautiful and they also have a pool for those who prefer to swim there. From the pier, the beach is just a few steps to the right, and the stingray and dolphin sections are a few steps to the left.

Even if you didn't purchase a dolphin or stingray experience, you can upgrade once you arrive (a lot of people did once they saw the dolphins that came right up to the boat to greet us).

It's relaxing but I agree that it was a bit on the boring side. One thing to consider is that there's only one boat going and one boat returning, so better be prepared to stay there the entire time. We wanted to leave about two hours early when I started feeling sick and they told us that we couldn't leave. They won't allow you to go back on one of the continuous Sandals boats either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Balmoral when we sailed on the MSC Divina a few months ago. The island is right off Cable Beach and it is shared with the Sandals Resort guests (same island but you're in separate areas). The facilities are new and well kept. We thought that the beach was beautiful and they also have a pool for those who prefer to swim there. From the pier, the beach is just a few steps to the right, and the stingray and dolphin sections are a few steps to the left.

Even if you didn't purchase a dolphin or stingray experience, you can upgrade once you arrive (a lot of people did once they saw the dolphins that came right up to the boat to greet us).

It's relaxing but I agree that it was a bit on the boring side. One thing to consider is that there's only one boat going and one boat returning, so better be prepared to stay there the entire time. We wanted to leave about two hours early when I started feeling sick and they told us that we couldn't leave. They won't allow you to go back on one of the continuous Sandals boats either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, that's interesting that they wouldn't let you leave. There were 3 or 4 cruise ships in port while I was there. I was able to leave an hour early on another boat. When they made the announcement for that boat they said it was for Harmony of the Seas passengers but if anyone else wanted to leave earlier they could. Maybe it depends how many cruise ships are in port as to how many boats they run back and forth.

Did you end up going to either beach? What were your thoughts?

Our group would like to do the dolphin encounter/swim and while the excursion at Blue Lagoon has so many great reviews, I've read there is an extremely long walk from where the tender docks to the beach and dolphin sanctuary. We have one in our party who might have issues with such a trek, so we're also considering Balmoral.

I wouldn't call it a long trek. The Dolphins are opposite end of the BBQ lunch but the whole area is pretty contained. We enjoyed our time at Blue Lagoon.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...