Platinum Dinners

Good question. I'm Plat.

What happs if you also have the Dining perk, we get the 3 (free?)dinners..... I already booked them online.

So, this is in addition to Plat dinners?? Do they get booked Onboard?? I'm confused now.

If you have the Dining perk and are Platinum you finish with 5 dinners. They are free.

We are both Platinum and also sailed with the Free At Sea package. Here's what we did:

Booked these ahead of time as part of our Free At Sea: Cagneys, Moderno, and Teppanyaki.

When onboard, we booked our two dinners for two at LeBistro and LaCucina. At LeBistro you will also receive a bottle of wine as part of your Latitudes' reward.

Things get confusing, esp if you travel in a suite or the Haven where you have more liquor options.

We had the UDP plus the two nights of dining as platinum. We couldn't use them since every night was free anyhow. However, I did collect my free bottle of wine. Didn't really need it though since we also had the UBP. Plus 3 bottles of champagne arrived in our room for various reasons. That was 7 nights of way too much eating and drinking!

Make sure to give the platinum coupon to the hostess when entering the restaurant. We gave ours to the waiter and the coupon was not credited to the correct account and they took one of our dining plan meals instead. (Got it fixed eventually). Never had this problem before our last cruise. You can book the dinners you plan on using the platinum coupons for ahead of time online. It only gets trickiy if you are also booking any of the upsell restaurants (imaginarium or ocean blue) with you dining plan.

As said, the platinum benefit is now two meals per room, regardless of the number of people.

There is a link to a guide in my signature. It was written before the changes, but should help anyone who wants to prebook the meals.

All of the above is correct. But here's, a Pearl of wisdom. Now that all premium restaurants are a la carte, you no longer are required to pay for your reservation when booking, this means you can now book your plat meals online and get the dates you want. In the past we had trouble getting good dining times even when we went straight to the desk upon boarding. Didn't used to be a problem, but when the free dining package emerged and many of those folks booked online, the plats were left out in the cold. A la carte fixed that.

All of the above is correct. But here's, a Pearl of wisdom. Now that all premium restaurants are a la carte, you no longer are required to pay for your reservation when booking, this means you can now book your plat meals online and get the dates you want.

Yes, although Moderno is a complication as it isn't a la carte. You can get round that if you have the SDP, as discussed in my guide.

• 2 months later...

Hi-

The 2 of us are Platinum and have the dining package for a total of 5 meals for the Breakaway on 8/20. In the past, we always dined Platinum in both Cagney's and Bistro with a bottle of wine as a perk in each. Is it now one or the other?

Question-

**the way it is worded in the perks, it seems you get to choose between Cagney's OR Bistro with a bottle of wine and the second one at Moderno or Cucina as a 2nd Platinum alternative.

No big deal with the wine, as we have the drinking package too. Just trying to figure out if they changed it. Thanks!

Hi-

The 2 of us are Platinum and have the dining package for a total of 5 meals for the Breakaway on 8/20. In the past, we always dined Platinum in both Cagney's and Bistro with a bottle of wine as a perk in each. Is it now one or the other?

Question-

**the way it is worded in the perks, it seems you get to choose between Cagney's OR Bistro with a bottle of wine and the second one at Moderno or Cucina as a 2nd Platinum alternative.

No big deal with the wine, as we have the drinking package too. Just trying to figure out if they changed it. Thanks!

Yup! They changed it.

No free wine @ Moderno or Le Cucina .:mad:

We too have the 3SDP and platinum dinners.

Due to the 20$ entree limit, we are going to use the platinum vouchers at Le Bistro and Moderno. The SDP gives you more flexibility.

So we'll do Cagney's on SDP and Le Bistro with platinum and wine voucher.

Moderno on platinum (no wine voucher) and La Cucina on SDP.

Then an additional restaurant on SDP.

You can no longer do both Cagney's and Le Bistro on platinum vouchers.

Thank you all -as this has been very insightful.

So, do we have to tell them if we are using a Platinum voucher or SDP before we sit down or when making the reservation so they know what to "charge" it to?

Thanks again!

When you give your card in at the dining room reception desk to check your reservation they will see on their monitor what you have available and should ask what you want to use. If they don't make sure you tell them at the start.

Just off the Jade. We are platinum and sailed in an aft suite. We had the four dinner package and the beverage package. There were also two "free dinners" for being platinum. Read the fine print on the Cagney voulcher. It is only good for $20. Twenty dollars doesn't go far at Cagneys so we had to pay for more than half of our meal there.

We had originally planned to eat in a specialty restaurant every night. After the freebies ran out we just hit the buffet and other free venues. We found having lunch in Cagneys and dinner in the buffet worked out for us after the free stuff ran out! IMPO the specialty restaurants aren't worth the money at the ala carte venues!

Just off the Jade. We are platinum and sailed in an aft suite. We had the four dinner package and the beverage package. There were also two "free dinners" for being platinum. Read the fine print on the Cagney voulcher. It is only good for $20. Twenty dollars doesn't go far at Cagneys so we had to pay for more than half of our meal there.

The $20 restriction is just on the entrees, so most items are covered or will just cost a few dollars. If you intend to get one of the more expensive dishes then it may be worth using the SDP that day.

The platinum meal is more restrictive than the SDP due to the $20 entree limit and just one app/dessert, so we take that into account when deciding where to use which method of paying. So far we have ended up paying an extra $1 on top of our platinum voucher when I went for a $21 entree.

If you were restricted to a $20 overall total then you should have queried it.

Just to clarify, the certificate (posted above) says each person gets an app, entree (up to $20) and dessert. So you only should have been charged if you ordered more than two apps, two desserts and the amount of any entree over $20 (posted menu below). So, that's actually a lot of things you can have without going over. But good to know that going in so you can think twice about adding on a salad or getting the 32 oz. porterhouse.

http://eatsleepcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/DSC02765-Copy.jpg

The problem was that I didn't want an entree. I wanted shrimp cocktail, soup and salad. She insisted I could have an entree and desert with the voucher. I said forget it....I'll pay for my shrimp, salad and soup. I should have read the fine lines on the voucher....my fault.

BTW never received a free bottle of wine....again didn't pay attention to the voucher.

Hi my husband and myself are both Platinum. Do we get 2 free total or 2 each for a total of 4 different nights?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you get 2 nights with dinner for two. We usually choose Le Bistro and Cagney's or Modernos but since the changes I am not sure which we can have. I know Le Bistro is still one of them.