Snorkel park beach

Crazylegs1976

i am going with 2 kids 4 and 7. Looking at the excursions offered by rccl this one seemed nice with option of beach and some activities. Was wondering if anyone has been and their honest opinion before I book.

Thanks

My honest opinion is that it is not a very good beach. It is man made and pales in comparison to the beautiful natural pink sand beaches that you asked about in your other post. You can easily get to one of the beautiful beaches Bermuda is known for on your own. Skip Snorkel Park.

If you do decide to go there instead of to a beautiful pink sand beach don't book the Royal Caribbean excursion. Snorkel Park is a short walk from the dock.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks for the info. Being it's a man made beach I am thinking of skipping it and will look into taking the bus to one of the other beaches.

BTW, I don't think anyone has welcomed you to Cruise Critic; so let me be the first, Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!!

There are mini-buses that run from the Dockyard directly to Horseshoe Bay Beach. You'll get door to door service with the mini instead of having to walk from the public bus route.

SBtS

BTW, I don't think anyone has welcomed you to Cruise Critic; so let me be the first, Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!!

There are mini-buses that run from the Dockyard directly to Horseshoe Bay Beach. You'll get door to door service with the mini instead of having to walk from the public bus route.

SBtS

Thanks for the welcome :D

Do I have to book the mini bus in advance or are they there like cabs? Also silly question, are the mini bus's easy to get for the return to the ship or should I tell them what time we need to come back?

Do I have to book the mini bus in advance or are they there like cabs? Also silly question, are the mini bus's easy to get for the return to the ship or should I tell them what time we need to come back?

You don't have to book the Minibuses in advance to get to Horseshoe or back. They will be in the parking area at the docks. At Horseshoe they will be in the parking lot there when you are ready to return. As soon as they fill up they leave. My experience is that takes 5 or so minutes. They run back and forth between the Dockyard and Horseshoe like a shuttle. They charge $7 USD per trip.

Just look for this sign below at the Dockyard. Also once at Horseshoe Bay, you can go to the beach on the right (called Baby Beach) with your little ones as the water is very calm.

12cbbb03f8e8aceaf94ff06158d58459.jpg

This is Baby Beach at Horseshoe Bay

2cc88254515435632c9ef4992e4f106a.jpg

bcb63134846440e876b8c444810bcac6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just look for this sign below at the Dockyard. Also once at Horseshoe Bay, you can go to the beach on the right (called Baby Beach) with your little ones as the water is very calm.

That is a new sign. I like it. It provides more clarity than their old signage. Glad they are improving the signage. Thank you for posting the picture. I think pictures are very helpful in passing on information.

• Like 1

How's the seating on the mini buses? Do they pack you in or make you wait until they're filled with x people? There are 4 of us so I guess it's really a toss up price wise since the minibus would be $28 and I've read the cabs are $30.

That is a new sign. I like it. It provides more clarity than their old signage. Glad they are improving the signage. Thank you for posting the picture. I think pictures are very helpful in passing on information.

I agree!

How's the seating on the mini buses? Do they pack you in or make you wait until they're filled with x people? There are 4 of us so I guess it's really a toss up price wise since the minibus would be $28 and I've read the cabs are $30.

At the peak times they are going to fill every seat. Off peak they will leave with less.

The taxi fare to Horseshoe for 4, Monday thru Saturday is approximately $34.50.

This is Baby Beach at Horseshoe Bay

2cc88254515435632c9ef4992e4f106a.jpg

bcb63134846440e876b8c444810bcac6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great. Thanks for the pics of both the signs and of baby beach. I think this might be what we choose to do.

• 2 months later...

We have been to both we found that Horseshoe Bay was crowded and a bus ride and walk to get there yet quite beautiful and includes the cliffs to jump off around a cove with quiet waters. Snorkel park beach is wonderful and we walked there from the ship. It has a outdoor bar and restaurant with music in the evening. We enjoyed the snorkeling at both beaches.

• 10 months later...

So again it is an opinion that’s each one of has - so what if it’s a man made beach? Does that really matter ? The older people on here don’t like it because it has a tendency to have loud music and serve drinks-in ‘13 it was a fun little beach for my kids - and we didn’t have to hassle- on the last day with worrying to make it back on time — as far as bus DO NOT take the public Bermuda Bus they are having issues with service — stick with the shuttle —- and investigate other options than booking thru cruise line —- it could save you some $$ again this is my opinion!!

I didn't know about "baby beach!" I was too scared to swim in horseshoe bay last year because the current was so strong but the baby beach looks nice. I may try snorkeling there on my upcoming trip!

Have you been to Tobacco Bay? Good snorkeling there, very good for beginners, it is shallow water, and the waters are calm.

1) Don't worry about finding the mini buses. When you get near, there will be people asking you what you are looking for and pointing you to the right place.

2) For the return, there will be a line of minibuses waiting to come back. Just go to the front of the line and board the bus.