Are there strait people on gay cruises?

trucker6040

I know what you're thinking. If there were strait people it wouldn't be an all gay cruise. But I'm thinking about booking a gay cruise and my 21 year old 100% strait but not narrow minded nephew wants to go. I don't want him to be uncomfortable if he was going to be the only hetero in a sea of gay men. So are there quite a few strait people he could associate with while enjoying the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not uncommon for people to bring along their straight friends/relatives; but there aren't many and they hang mostly with the group they are traveling with. I think it comes down to how he feels about being around mostly gay men in a homo charged environment. If he's young and cute....he clearly need to understanding he might get "hit" on which might make him feel uncomfortable. Of course a polite thank you...but I'm not interested is all that need to said. But he needs to plan for it. IMO if he really wants to go and knows what he up for...then go for it. Just cause you are straight doesn't mean you can't enjoy the shows, food, entertainment, etc. Most of the crew are straight and there are women staff on board so it not like a ship with 100% men. There are a ton of Youtube videos on these cruises. Just search for Atlantis events or RSVP cruises and see what he thinks.

I've been on a bunch of gay charters with Atlantis (around 17) and do like them. I've also seen how very supportive and appreciative the gay passengers are of straight allies and friends who are onboard. And while there are a handful of other straight passengers onboard (plus straight crew, of course), in my experience the majority of these straight supporters are women. In my opinion, everyone who sees your 21yo nephew will assume that he is another gay passenger, and you should anticipate it being the same experience as if he walked into a gay bar where no one knew him or you, and all assumed he was gay. If he is comfortable in that situation and can actually enjoy gay men flirting with him (and possibly flirt back) all in fun without feeling harassed, then he'll be fine. Some straight men are flattered by that attention and enjoy it. But if there is any doubt, I wouldn't want him or you to be uncomfortable and have a negative experience.