What to doin Houston

Reisdawg

Our flight home just got moved to 7:30 PM after our cruise and I wanted to get suggestions on what to do that day. We will have our luggage and were planning on leaving the ship as late as possible when our flight was at 5 PM. Now we are thinking of finding something to do in town but we will more than likely have our luggage. Currently we were planning on taking an Uber to the airport because we are a family of four with two teenagers.

Anything fun to do for a few hours and what would you do with your luggage?

Our flight home just got moved to 7:30 PM after our cruise and I wanted to get suggestions on what to do that day. We will have our luggage and were planning on leaving the ship as late as possible when our flight was at 5 PM. Now we are thinking of finding something to do in town but we will more than likely have our luggage. Currently we were planning on taking an Uber to the airport because we are a family of four with two teenagers.

Are you flying out of Hobby or Bush?

If its Hobby, I would probably go to one of the Landry properties, Kemah Boardwalk or Pleasure Pier. The Pleasure Pier in Galveston has more thrilling rides than Kemah so they may like that more. You could also take a tour of Johnson Space Center in Webster.

If you are going out of Bush(IAH), you could go to the museum district. Hermann Park is a nice walking park and you have either the Museum of Natural Science or Museum of Fine Arts right off of it.

The luggage is the tough aspect of both of these because you don't want lug them around. What was your plan for getting to the airport? If you are using a private car service that is charging by the hour, they can keep your luggage in the car while to are out.

How about renting a car for the day, that way you can have somewhere to keep your bags. You can drop the car right at the airport. Your kids might enjoy Johnson Space Center. And if you want a meal you won't forget, go to Taste of Texas. Not cheap, but the best steak you'll ever have! We actually have contemplated flying from Tulsa to Houston just to eat there. Lol :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just ended up renting a car in the next town over and will take an Uber to the rental place. There is an Enterprise car rental in Galveston but it was an extra $150 to return it at the airport so I figured an Uber to the rental place was much cheaper. Now the only issue is that we disembark on December 23rd and am hoping places won't be too bad with people with the same break.

In Galveston there is temp luggage storage on 25th and Strand at parking center .

Many museums and things to do . For a few easy things to do:

Bryan Museum

Galvestonhistory.org

Galveston.com

Railroad Museum

Submarine

..... and destroyer museum

Tall ship Elissa

Maritime Museums with

... 3 short historical films

Oil industry and drilling rig ....museum

Bishops Palace