Sabor changed to Indian on Navigator

Hi. I read somewhere that Sabor has changed from Mexican to Indian on the Navigator. Does anyone know if that will be the same for 5th August sailing? Would love to hear from someone who has tried it

Hope it's not the end of Indian dishes in the MDR - have always enjoyed having that choice.Did have an amazing Indian lunch in Giovannis (think it was Portofinos then) a few years ago (after a rather lacklustre demonstration of making chapatis) on the Independence. If the food is like that - definitely will give it a go. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried Indian food at Sabor on the Navigator

My guess (hope) is this is for those cruises out of England only since Indian food is so popular there. I would hate to have to pay extra for the wonderful Indian dishes that can be had in the MDR or the Windjammer.

Sounds great. I detest Mexican food and would love a good Indian option.

Well, I don't detest Mexican food, but I don't like the kind they have on board. I'd gladly pay a reasonable amount for some good Indian entrees.

Ill be on Navigator in March....I hope it remains Indian. Never really liked Sabor Mexican dishes (exception being their guacamole).

With soo many Indian chefs on board it makes better sense.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ill be on Navigator in March....I hope it remains Indian. Never really liked Sabor Mexican dishes (exception being their guacamole).

With so many Indian chefs on board it makes better sense.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Or perhaps they hire a chef that specializes in Mexican food.

Mexican food > Indian food. ..... besides an Indian Margarita sounds pathetic. :(

Well, I don't detest Mexican food, but I don't like the kind they have on board. I'd gladly pay a reasonable amount for some good Indian entrees.

Agreed! I live on the Texas/Mexico border and what they have at Sabor is not what I would call Mexican food!

Hope it's not the end of Indian dishes in the MDR - have always enjoyed having that choice.Did have an amazing Indian lunch in Giovannis (think it was Portofinos then) a few years ago (after a rather lacklustre demonstration of making chapatis) on the Independence. If the food is like that - definitely will give it a go. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried Indian food at Sabor on the Navigator

Wait what?? I didn't know there was indian option in MDR. Is there a secret menu?

The regular "mojo" etc menus always also have an Indian option on them when sailing from England.

The Jewel now has a separate Indian menu that is offered every night alongside "Mojo".

It has always been possible to preorder an Indian meal...large Indian groups on board have done this regularly, and as more and more cruisers are now from the Indian sub continent I guess RCI are just adjusting and expanding options onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know about a 'secret menu', but there have regularly been Indian dishes on the MDR menu on the few RC cruises we have been on. We do sail out of Southampton so maybe it's just catering for us Brits on board who do love our Indian food......

Wait what?? I didn't know there was indian option in MDR. Is there a secret menu?

We've not yet seen a formal Indian menu in the MDR (hopefully in a few months on Jewel), but we've been able to get selected Indian entrees upon request in the MDR.