Traditions of Old Naples...Azamazing Evening

midwestchick

im trying to decide if we should do this evening. It's scheduled from 6:30-8:30. Is this even worthwhile? It doesn't seem like a long enough time period when you consider travel time.

Is it being run from Sorrento, if so we had a lovely evening in the grounds of the hotel. The return from the venue was on a continuous shuttle, I think we were on the first one to the venue and the last one back. Lots of things happened - including giant pizza tossing

Thanks Phil and uktog. It is when we are tendered in Sorrento. I just assumed it was in Naples. Do you remember what food was served besides pizza?

There were lovely hams, lasagne, cheeses and salads and lemon desserts... and umbrellas to keep Phil's wine undiluted

Edited by uktog

As someone already brought up, this does not happen IN Napes, but rather on Sorrento, so the ride is fairly short.

I was there when Phil (excited) was, and yes it was rainy, but it was still fun. Kind of hokey, but nicely done, for the most part. If I'd been willing to go out for the evening, and perhaps have a nice meal overlooking the sea, I would rather do that, but the night was fun.

There were lovely hams, lasagne, cheeses and salads and lemon desserts... and umbrellas to keep Phil's wine undiluted

Haaaaa....umbrellas are a good thing. ;) Hope I can get rid of another 5 lbs. before our cruise...I'll have to pack some buffet britches for the flight home. :') No wonder they call it Eataly.

Haaaaa....umbrellas are a good thing. ;) Hope I can get rid of another 5 lbs. before our cruise...I'll have to pack some buffet britches for the flight home. :') No wonder they call it Eataly.

Ann's recall of the items is much better than mine. All I remember is it was delicious! Yes, the pizza throwing was fun. Reminded me of when I change the duvet cover. Lol

Phil

Ann's recall of the items is much better than mine. All I remember is it was delicious! Yes, the pizza throwing was fun. Reminded me of when I change the duvet cover. Lol

Phil

Haaaaa!

The Azamazing evening in Dubrovnik is a cello player. Have you done that? It sounds like there are many steps to get to the event. How challenging is that?

I think it's unlikely there will be too many steps to get into the event. There are steps and a ramp to get into the walled city, but it's not demanding. Once you're in the city all the buildings that would be big enough for a concert are at street level with no more than 2 or 3 steps to get into them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it's unlikely there will be too many steps to get into the event. There are steps and a ramp to get into the walled city, but it's not demanding. Once you're in the city all the buildings that would be big enough for a concert are at street level with no more than 2 or 3 steps to get into them.

The event description states there are 40 steps to the performance area and approx. 25 steps to get to main square. There are no accessible restrooms. I assume they mean handicapped accessible.

Why don't you email the LCV desk. Nicole has provided me with accessibility information from land discoveries team in Miami. They set up the Azamazing Evenings and will have been responsible for the wording in the brochure which gives hints of some accessibility challenges

Why don't you email the LCV desk. Nicole has provided me with accessibility information from land discoveries team in Miami. They set up the Azamazing Evenings and will have been responsible for the wording in the brochure which gives hints of some accessibility challenges

Great idea. Thanks. Do you have her email address?

Does anyone know if it's possible to stay in Sorrento and make our own way to the event and just take the transportation back it the ship?

Thinking as long as we will already be onshore, why come back onboard just to go back to the same place.

Does anyone know if it's possible to stay in Sorrento and make our own way to the event and just take the transportation back it the ship?

Thinking as long as we will already be onshore, why come back onboard just to go back to the same place.

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting.

Can't see why not, but it would be a good idea to talk to shore excursion staff onboard about this beforehand to make sure there is enough space in the transport to get you back.

They asked guests to meet them at the tender port if they could. I think because the hotel was out of Sorrento and wisely they did not want complaints about taxi costs.

Can't see why not, but it would be a good idea to talk to shore excursion staff onboard about this beforehand to make sure there is enough space in the transport to get you back.

Thank you. Yes, we will ask at the shore excursion desk when we board. It just seems like a good idea and a better use of our time.

They asked guests to meet them at the tender port if they could. I think because the hotel was out of Sorrento and wisely they did not want complaints about taxi costs.

Thank you. We will ask. Understandable about the taxi cost, but we will not a have problem with that. Will see wha they say. We would much rather spend that extra time in Sorrento than going back and forth.