Allure of the seas, crippled

When we left FLL on 8/6 on the Allure, we were told we had speed problems and port visits would be shortened. We left Nassau at 1:30 instead of the usual time. Don't know what the problem is but life is good.

Mr Time

When we were on the end of July we sailed a couple hours late first day, and returned to Port Everglades very early (12:30am) where a crane and workers were waiting. Our time in ports was not affected. We were told by staff that they had been having problems with one of the propulsors and that the next sailing would be delayed until midnight while they worked on it.

This is a bummer! We sail on Allure this Sunday, 8/13! Sure hoping they are able to sort it out. It's our very first cruise, and I'm hoping for a great time!

Of course, we are pretty good at making our own fun, so I don't think it'll be a problem...

Could this be the azipod issue I asked about last week, perhaps?

When we left FLL on 8/6 on the Allure, we were told we had speed problems and port visits would be shortened. We left Nassau at 1:30 instead of the usual time. Don't know what the problem is but life is good.

Mr Time

Wasn't your port time in Nassua only 7am to 2:30 to begin with? That is only an hour early departure. What have been the port changes at other ports? Are they working on the problem or waiting on parts?

When we were on the end of July we sailed a couple hours late first day, and returned to Port Everglades very early (12:30am) where a crane and workers were waiting. Our time in ports was not affected. We were told by staff that they had been having problems with one of the propulsors and that the next sailing would be delayed until midnight while they worked on it.

I was on the next sailing (last week)! We were suppose to leave at midnight after maintenance, but after muster the captain said they were able to complete the maintenance and we left ontime. Sounds like they didn't really fix it.

They got 33 days to fix it....[emoji41]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

No kidding!! I posted same thing on our roll call :D

I won't get too nervous until I keep seeing these type of posts a week before our sailing

Don't you just love these drama headlines on cc.:rolleyes:

This just in!! RCI has re-fitted Allure with a set of sea crutches until the azipod is repaired. While she can't hobble to Labadee under full steam yet, the good news is that she'll be able to dock at the handicap spot on arrival.

This just in!! RCI has re-fitted Allure with a set of sea crutches until the azipod is repaired. While she can't hobble to Labadee under full steam yet, the good news is that she'll be able to dock at the handicap spot on arrival.

Har Har!

Good one!

Seriously, we go on the 27th - any update or do we all have to bring a bag of rubber bands to wind her up?

ROTFLMAO ! Good one !

I sail Allure September 10th but I'm not too worried, especially if it gives me an extra day at sea !

Hello cruisers! :cool:

So I live in Nassau, Bahamas, and Allure was just here on Monday August 7. The inside news is that there is an engine down right now, so the ship will be leaving its visiting ports an hour early to make up the time getting to the next port. They left Nassau an hour early on Monday, and their next port, St.Thomas they said will be cut down an hour as well. Not sure if that will also apply to the St.Kitts visit but apparently it will continue like this till next year when they go to dry dock and solve the engine issue.

Hope this helps.

Hello cruisers! :cool:

So I live in Nassau, Bahamas, and Allure was just here on Monday August 7. The inside news is that there is an engine down right now, so the ship will be leaving its visiting ports an hour early to make up the time getting to the next port. They left Nassau an hour early on Monday, and their next port, St.Thomas they said will be cut down an hour as well. Not sure if that will also apply to the St.Kitts visit but apparently it will continue like this till next year when they go to dry dock and solve the engine issue.

Hope this helps.

It must be an unscheduled dry dock as we sailed on it, back from it's last dry dock 2-3 years ago. Normally they go in every five years.

It must be an unscheduled dry dock as we sailed on it, back from it's last dry dock 2-3 years ago. Normally they go in every five years.

Probably so. Someone who works on the ship told us that they will likely be doing dry dock early next year.

Not a lot of drydocks that can handle a ship the size of Allure. Don't know if the one in Grand Bahamas (Which RCCL has an ownership interest) is large enough. She may need to go to Europe. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can pipe in.

Not a lot of drydocks that can handle a ship the size of Allure. Don't know if the one in Grand Bahamas (Which RCCL has an ownership interest) is large enough. She may need to go to Europe. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can pipe in.

The last time this happened, they were able to make the repairs by building a cofferdam so the ship didn't have to go to Europe. The videos of it were neat to watch.

Edit: Here is the video:

The last time this happened, they were able to make the repairs by building a cofferdam so the ship didn't have to go to Europe. The videos of it were neat to watch.

Edit: Here is the video:

So do you know exactly what the problem is?

Wasn't it a bearing on one of the azipods last time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, and the poster with the "inside" information says it is an "engine down", whatever that means.

I was just posting the video that shows the ship can be repaired on this side of the pond, if it actually has a similar problem, as the poster I quoted mentioned it might need to go to Europe.