New Zealand weather

Trying to pack for our upcoming cruise and land trip. We will be flying from Sydney to Auckland on October 14th. I am struggling with what to pack. We are spending 2 days in Auckland area and 2 days in the area where The Lord of the Rings was filmed and the Glow worm caves are. Should we plan for long pants and a coat or shorts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trying to pack for our upcoming cruise and land trip. We will be flying from Sydney to Auckland on October 14th. I am struggling with what to pack. We are spending 2 days in Auckland area and 2 days in the area where The Lord of the Rings was filmed and the Glow worm caves are. Should we plan for long pants and a coat or shorts?

I doubt you'll wear shorts.

I go with Layers. We were there November and one day it didn't get to double digits.

Auklands ave for October is about 15c with a range of about 12-18c

Well as a hardy New Englander I'm guessing what some might consider cold we wouldn't. If it's in the 50's F we will be happy of course our travel companions who are from Arizona will be freezing

The temperatures in those areas of NZ during the day are currently about 15 to 17 degC. In October will be 1 or 2 degC warmer. In the sun you will feel warm but in the shade it will be cold so layers are the way to go.