BOGO Happy Hour

rgmacm

Quick tip: I expected the BOGO to be in place at Crooners at the same time (3-4) on all ships, and so was surprised when I saw charges for 2 full-priced beverages from my purchase the day before. Oops - my error, not theirs. Check the Patter which will identify when/where the BOGO is offered.

Does anyone know if they still insist on opening all beers when purchased? Two years ago on the Regal, I bought 6 beers and they only opened 1. Last year, they said they'd have to open any and all beers that I bought.

Quick tip: I expected the BOGO to be in place at Crooners at the same time (3-4) on all ships, and so was surprised when I saw charges for 2 full-priced beverages from my purchase the day before. Oops - my error, not theirs. Check the Patter which will identify when/where the BOGO is offered.

Most Princess ships we've been on, the BOGO Happy Hour has been in the Wheelhouse at the same time every day. There's usually another one later in the night but we never go to that one. Here's another hint. You can buy beer in the bottle ask them not to open them then take them back to your room to drink later.

Does anyone know if they still insist on opening all beers when purchased? Two years ago on the Regal, I bought 6 beers and they only opened 1. Last year, they said they'd have to open any and all beers that I bought.

Not so unless they've changed their policy.

I guess the bartender just didn't like the cut of my jib because they insisted that all beers had to be opened by them at the time of purchase.

I've read of other passengers who like you were required to have the beer bottles opened with BOGO$.

Just another example of how too often the only thing consistent is their inconsistency. :eek:

It's been awhile since I've been on a Princess cruise and I have a few questions about this. What time is the BOGO drink offer usually offered? Is it only in one bar? Is it available on all their ships?

The BOGO event, held twice per day, once in the afternoon and once in the late evening and it is actually, buy one drink up to $10 and pay $1 for the second drink of the same.

I am sure changes can occur but last several times I have gone, it has been in the wheelhouse bar between 3-4 PM and then again up in a lounge upstairs (Skywalkers or the One5) at 11 PM (maybe 10-11 ... but late).

If you and the person you go with only want one drink each and it's the same drink, just order one as they will bring two.

You may also encounter where they will allow you to take unopened bottled drinks ... but maybe not. It is inconsistent to say the least.

They usually hand out raffle tickets at these events and you can win prizes the last day. We actually won a very nice bottle of wine on our last cruise ... sold on the ship for $70,$30 on land but still a very nice vintage. Plus, it's kind of fun.

Go early, at least for the one in the afternoon to secure a seat...otherwise, be prepared to stand or if lucky, share a table with others ...and if not lucky, take your drinks to go.

It's been awhile since I've been on a Princess cruise and I have a few questions about this. What time is the BOGO drink offer usually offered? Is it only in one bar? Is it available on all their ships?

On the Regal, it was 3-4pm at Crooners and 10-11pm at Club 6.

There was a BOGO $1 promo on all the ships I have sailed but was recently discontinued on the Caribbean Princess.

In our experience..........

Depends on the ship/bar manager/bartender.

We have had it both ways.

On the Ruby in April they required them to be opened.

For the record, we have ordered 6 beers, 3 opened 3 unopened. We've ALWAYS been accommodated. What difference does it make where you drink the six beers, you ordered them you bought them so be it. Princess got their money and you got your beers. If Princess feels as though they're being screwed over and the passenger has figured out the game, well, there goes Happy Hour!:rolleyes:

Like everything else someone will figure out a way to screw it up for everyone else. :rolleyes:

If we order beer and they insist on opening all of them then that's how it is. If they don't insist on opening them then that's how it is. I'm a weirdo and generally just follow the rules. You are right though. There is always someone willing to mess with things and, eventually, cause problems for everybody.

I find it easier (and far more relaxing) to just go with what the cruise staff have been told to do and enjoy my cruise. It's not as if I was <gasp!><horror!!> at work! I cruise to relax. I guess it's fortunate that Princess doesn't really carry Denali Brewing Company beer. That we would order and having it opened prematurely would really be upsetting!!! :eek:

There have been reports on this forum that the B1G1 for $1 has been discontinued on some ships.

I read that too but, so far, it's only actually been reported on one ship. If they end it then that is their prerogative but, like many (MANY!) others here I certainly hope it's just some bean counter's poorly thought out strategy - like the brief experiment with charging for Alfredo's - that will be quickly reversed. One can really only wait and hope.

Still available on Crown as of last week, 3pm-4pm in wheelhouse most days and 11pm-12 in Skywalkers only on glasses of wine, but I saw Korbel being purchased and both mini bottles unopened - same for beers too.

I can confirm this week also.....on the crown

Sent from my iPad using Forums