Suite perks -- free dry cleaning and club class dining

kstrittm

Just thought I'd make folks aware that Princess no longer provides free dry cleaning for suite passengers. Laundry is still available, but not dry cleaning. They are slowly taking away perks without announcing anything. This is just the latest...

I'd also like to say that I really enjoyed the club class dining experience. The service was much better than in the main dining room, and it seemed faster and that the food was fresher/hotter. I know a lot of people have complained about this for a myriad of reasons, but in my opinion it helps to put Princess a bit more in line with the other cruise lines (i.e., Celebrity and NCL having separate dining rooms). I'll just leave that there -- no need to start the whole discussion again. LOL.

Just thought I'd make folks aware that Princess no longer provides free dry cleaning for suite passengers. Laundry is still available, but not dry cleaning. They are slowly taking away perks without announcing anything. This is just the latest...

When did they ever offer free dry cleaning for suite passengers? We cruised in our first full suite in October 2010 (and a number of times thereafter) and I don't remember it ever being offered but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

It was never really dry cleaning, they use an alternate process, and that is still available, at least it was when we sailed in April.

It took us a few days to be sold on Club Class dining, but we really did enjoy it. The pleasure of having the same waitstaff with the convenience of anytime dining, and an additional dish prepared by the Head Waiter. Very nice.

I'd also like to say that I really enjoyed the club class dining experience. The service was much better than in the main dining room, and it seemed faster and that the food was fresher/hotter. I know a lot of people have complained about this for a myriad of reasons, but in my opinion it helps to put Princess a bit more in line with the other cruise lines (i.e., Celebrity and NCL having separate dining rooms). I'll just leave that there -- no need to start the whole discussion again. LOL.

They did away with "dry cleaning" throughout the fleet years ago. ;)

The laundry perk is still intact.

No perks taken away.

Thanks for the thoughts on CC dining. :)

We had been told on our last 2 cruises that same day service was no longer complimentary for suites by our cabin steward. Needless to say it still came back the same day when the presto box was ticked and no charge to the account as per the norm.

I wonder if they sometimes are newly rotated to suites and expect the perk to be the same as elite?

My cabin steward told me that dry cleaning was taken away as a free offering only a couple of months ago...

Yes, laundry is still an option...

From the Princess Captain's Circle web site, elite benefits. Note cleaning service is still available. It is not traditional dry cleaning. The *** means same day service excluded.

"Complimentary Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services***

Upon request, your stateroom steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle!"

Full suite benefits from the Princess web site

"• Complimentary same-day laundryand professional cleaning services."

Notice cleaning is mentioned as is same day.

My take is that if the ship isn't providing these services then they are not in compliance with headquarter's instructions.

Edited by sknight

On our first Princess cruise we took in April we had a suite and the laundry was one of my favorite things. I had little laundry to do when I got home. The only thing I didn't like is the little tags they glue to the inside of garments that become very stiff and are hard to remove. I got over it though. Haha!

Club class dining was great, but being my first Princess cruise I have nothing to compare it to. It sounds like the service is faster from what I've read though.

Can't wait for our next cruise. Hopefully in November! :D

On our first Princess cruise we took in April we had a suite and the laundry was one of my favorite things. I had little laundry to do when I got home. The only thing I didn't like is the little tags they glue to the inside of garments that become very stiff and are hard to remove. I got over it though. Haha!

We find the tags months later especially if the cruise is during a different season than we return to at home. It can be annoying but it is also a nice reminder of the cruise.

Princess hasn't had dry cleaning in years. It hasn't been available to anyone, including full suite passengers. Note that the above says, "Cleaning." Not "dry cleaning." They've used a chemical process that's similar to dry cleaning for all laundry. You could send out a suit and still can.

My cabin steward told me that dry cleaning was taken away as a free offering only a couple of months ago...

Yes, laundry is still an option...

Stewart isn't always correct. Take what he/she says with a grain of salt. We were in a full suite on Celebrity and our butler told us that we had to pay to eat in the Blu dining room so it wasn't till day 3 that we stopped by the restaurant to be sure he was correct. They said "we've been waiting for you for 3 days. Why weren't you here?" When we told them what the butler said, they said that we were very welcome to eat (free of charge) in the Blu dining room.

So......ask more than one person on the ship and/or check the perks on their website.

Club class dining was great, but being my first Princess cruise I have nothing to compare it to. It sounds like the service is faster from what I've read though.

Can't wait for our next cruise. Hopefully in November! :D

I love those little tags. I find them for months afterwards and they provide happy little memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We are traveling with another couple next March/April. DH and I will be in a suite, but our friends will be down the hall in a balcony cabin.

I have many questions as to how this will work for us to be able to enjoy our perks but still enjoy their company. Will they be able to accompany us in the CC dining? On priority embarking & disembarking on the beginning and end of the cruise? Priority disembarking on tender ports?

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has come up, but I can't find any answers anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

We find the tags months later especially if the cruise is during a different season than we return to at home. It can be annoying but it is also a nice reminder of the cruise.

I love finding those little tags after I get home. I think "remember when I didn't have to do my own laundry".

We are traveling with another couple next March/April. DH and I will be in a suite, but our friends will be down the hall in a balcony cabin.

I have many questions as to how this will work for us to be able to enjoy our perks but still enjoy their company. Will they be able to accompany us in the CC dining? On priority embarking & disembarking on the beginning and end of the cruise? Priority disembarking on tender ports?

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has come up, but I can't find any answers anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

They can not accompany you in the CC dining.

I have many questions as to how this will work for us to be able to enjoy our perks but still enjoy their company. Will they be able to accompany us in the CC dining? No. On priority embarking & disembarking on the beginning and end of the cruise? No, but they can have priority check-in with you. Priority disembarking on tender ports? No.

Thanks,

Kathy

see above in red

Of course if your friends have Platinum status on Princess, they can have priority boarding in the group after you. If they have Elite status they can have the same priority boarding and disembarking as you have as well as priority tender disembarkation in tender ports.

We were in suite three weeks ago on Emerald. We had laundry service done for free; same day for some articles and next day for others. No charge. Room Steward was very helpful and took care of everything

Thanks,

Kathy

If you wish to dine with them you will have to skip Club Class Dining and sign up for either Traditional Dining or Anytime Dining. Also, they will not be able to join you at the special full suite mimosa breakfast each morning.

Priority Tender Service - Depends on the instructions the cruise staff has received, and how generous they feel that day. You can always wait and go with their assigned group.

see above in red

Of course if your friends have Platinum status on Princess, they can have priority boarding in the group after you. If they have Elite status they can have the same priority boarding and disembarking as you have as well as priority tender disembarkation in tender ports.

They can not accompany you in the CC dining.

Thanks for the responses. This is the first Princess cruise for all of us, so our friends (like us) have no status on Princess. Looks like we'll have to decide what perks we will take advantage of and what we are willing to forgo. Since this is our first suite (we usually sail in balcony cabins, booked the suite only because it was a steal of a deal), we really hate to lose out on suite perks. We may never have a suite again as we usually can't justify the price difference.

Thanks for the responses. This is the first Princess cruise for all of us, so our friends (like us) have no status on Princess. Looks like we'll have to decide what perks we will take advantage of and what we are willing to forgo. Since this is our first suite (we usually sail in balcony cabins, booked the suite only because it was a steal of a deal), we really hate to lose out on suite perks. We may never have a suite again as we usually can't justify the price difference.

Of course, you should make use of all the perks associated with your nice (suite) cabin. It is included in the price you paid. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course, you should make use of all the perks associated with your nice (suite) cabin. It is included in the price you paid. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, that's what my head is telling me but my heart feels a little guilty doing things that they won't be included in. My DH has no problem with it at all. lol I guess we'll just play it by ear and see what happens.

Besides what's listed on the Princess website, do they let you know once you're on board what perks are available to you as a suite guest? Or are you left to figure that out on your own? Since this is our first Princess and first suite, we have no previous experience here.

Yes, that's what my head is telling me but my heart feels a little guilty doing things that they won't be included in. My DH has no problem with it at all. lol I guess we'll just play it by ear and see what happens.

Besides what's listed on the Princess website, do they let you know once you're on board what perks are available to you as a suite guest? Or are you left to figure that out on your own? Since this is our first Princess and first suite, we have no previous experience here.

We stayed in a suite in July. First time on a Princess Cruise. Whatever is listed on website is what you will get. Here are a few things I found out. My wife and I don't drink so we asked to have booze taken out of room and replaced with soda's. We had enough soda's for the week. Or you can have a coffee card instead of the booze. I pre purchased coffee card so did not use this option. We used the free laundry service. Our cabin steward took care of that. Every afternoon we had a tray of food in cabin waiting for us to eat. Two corsages were there on formal night. We used room service breakfast twice. It was on time and hot. Our room steward did not tell us anything about what suite benefits we had. We received letters telling us we had access to elite lounge for drinks every night. We used club class dining which was a great perk. We used crown grill on first night; also a suite perk. We ate breakfast in Crown Grill

You should get everything listed here: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

You're going to be so spoiled after this experience! I know I was!

We stayed in a suite in July. First time on a Princess Cruise. Whatever is listed on website is what you will get. Here are a few things I found out. My wife and I don't drink so we asked to have booze taken out of room and replaced with soda's. We had enough soda's for the week. Or you can have a coffee card instead of the booze. I pre purchased coffee card so did not use this option. We used the free laundry service. Our cabin steward took care of that. Every afternoon we had a tray of food in cabin waiting for us to eat. Two corsages were there on formal night. We used room service breakfast twice. It was on time and hot. Our room steward did not tell us anything about what suite benefits we had. We received letters telling us we had access to elite lounge for drinks every night. We used club class dining which was a great perk. We used crown grill on first night; also a suite perk. We ate breakfast in Crown Grill

Thanks for the info. We do drink but not enough to make a AIBP work for us so we will probably make good use of what's in the mini bar. lol. We have thoughts of purchasing the Unlimited Soda & More package, though. Thanks for spelling it out. These are some nice benefits. Are the cocktails in the elite lounge free or reduced price?