Back from July 28th sailing Explorer of Seas...Questions?

My wife and I sailed to Alaska on the Explorer of the Seas from July 28th -Aug 4th.

We had a balcony room..7530 and got the drink package with Voom.

If you have any questions please ask. I will try to write up a full review soon.

John

We did 4 excursions all thru Royal Caribbean. In Juneau we did Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching and Wildlife quest. Whale watching was fantastic. In Skagway we did dog sledding camp and White Road Railway train ride. I Victoria we did Buchart Garden and Craigdarrick Castle. Then in Seatlle we did Seatle's essentials.

And to settle argument once and for all they DO have luggage valet thru Royal Caribbean. No charge just pay your bag fees. ( which was 0 for us flying Southwest.)

My wife and I sailed to Alaska on the Explorer of the Seas from July 28th -Aug 4th.

We had a balcony room..7530 and got the drink package with Voom.

If you have any questions please ask. I will try to write up a full review soon.

John

Thank you! I'm on her in 2 weeks!

Were you able to go up Tracy Arm Fjord?

How was Voom? Did you have it all thru Alaska?

How was the food?

What was the weather like?

If you are Diamond, was the coffee machine working?

How was the CD?

Thank you for any answers!

Did you see any drink cards for sale, and if so, when were they first offered?

Bob,

They were selling the drink package immediately outside the Windjammer when you boarded...for us about 1230pm

Also specialty restaurants were 3 for $75 (which is cheaper than on line)

John

Edited by blackrook

Bob,

They were selling the drink package immediately outside the Windjammer when you boarded...for us about 1230pm

Also specialty restaurants were 3 for $75 (which is cheaper that on line)

John

Thanks John. I was also curious if you saw any of the 10-drink punch cards being offered.

Thank you! I'm on her in 2 weeks!

Were you able to go up Tracy Arm Fjord?

How was Voom? Did you have it all thru Alaska?

How was the food?

What was the weather like?

If you are Diamond, was the coffee machine working?

How was the CD?

Thank you for any answers!

We went up the other Fjord and went within 50 yards of the glacier. GREAT WEATHER FOR THAT.

Voom was marginal at best...once off ship in Alaska and BC we used our regular Verizon plan.

We missed all the rain. Alaska was around 60 in ports...Victoria was warm..around 85. Seattle was having a heat wave...Also a little hazy in Seattle on Aug 4th dues to the smoke from fires in BC.

CD was very energenic ...Dan

Was the free Luggage Valet provided by the Port of Seattle?

the luggage valet was provided by Royal Caribbean in conjunction with the airlines...

No charge just normal airline baggage fees. It was very seamless...You fill out a form by Tues (i think) and they deliver your boarding passes and luggage tags to you room on Thurs evening.Put you suitcases in hallway and you get them at baggage claim at your home airport.

John

We went up the other Fjord and went within 50 yards of the glacier. GREAT WEATHER FOR THAT.

Voom was marginal at best...once off ship in Alaska and BC we used our regular Verizon plan.

We missed all the rain. Alaska was around 60 in ports...Victoria was warm..around 85. Seattle was having a heat wave...Also a little hazy in Seattle on Aug 4th dues to the smoke from fires in BC.

CD was very energenic ...Dan

Thank you John!!!

Thanks John. I was also curious if you saw any of the 10-drink punch cards being offered.

Are you talking about the coffee/latte, etc punch card?

Didn't see but wasn't looking since we already had the drink package which included those...

Everything was on sale right outside of Windjammer when boarding ship. I imagine they were there.

John

Are you talking about the coffee/latte, etc punch card?

Didn't see but wasn't looking since we already had the drink package which included those...

Everything was on sale right outside of Windjammer when boarding ship. I imagine they were there.

John

No, not the coffee card, this would be for alcoholic drinks. I'm guessing you didn't see any.

Do you know if the Junior suite, deck 9, have coffee makers or french presses? can you bring your own coffee grounds

They will have coffee makers and tea kettles, but not french presses. The ship supplies ill-fitting coffee packets. If you bring your own coffee, bring filters too.

Hi John, hubby and I won't be on Explorer til 8/2018. I would like to know if you stayed in Seattle pre-cruise? If so, what hotel did you use?

Judi

Royal Caribbean has 3 hotels for the night before precruice. We stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle South Center.

Hotel wasn't too far from airport but not close to pier 91.

The good thing was it involved a luggage transfer as well as a buss ride to the pier Friday am.

We brought our big suitcases to hotel lobby by 830 am on Friday (with luggage tags on) and they were delivered to our stateroom Friday late afternoon.

We left hotel Friday about 1030 am on a charter bus. We got to pier 91 about 1130. (driver gave a tour of Seattle on wa0

We were in Windjammer by 1215 or so..

Very convenient!

John

For the luggage valet, do you remember what the earliest flight it was available for? We are flying delta leaving at 1:00. That sounds very convenient.

Marie

Marie,

I think the earliest flight was noon...but for sure by 1pm

John