Bridge instructor canceled...any thoughts??

fabcruise92

I planned a regent cruise from \Lisbon to NYC, October 6 of this year because my bridge instructor was asked to teach on that cruise. I have now found out that she has been canceled. I know regent does not guarantee a bridge instructor but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this situation?? (YES, it is too late to cancel and get a refund)

Thanks!

I planned a regent cruise from \Lisbon to NYC, October 6 of this year because my bridge instructor was asked to teach on that cruise. I have now found out that she has been canceled. I know regent does not guarantee a bridge instructor but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this situation?? (YES, it is too late to cancel and get a refund)

Thanks!

Greetings from South Beach. Why don't you ask your bridge instructor?

Mary

Agree - only your bridge instructor and the department at corporate that books the instructors would know the answer.

In terms of comments, we have never booked a cruise for any reason other than ship and itinerary. Things do change ..... our upcoming August 30th cruise suddenly became an "Artful Traveler" (PBS) cruise which, according to many posters is a very desirable thing to have. Since it only happened a couple of months ago, I suspect that people that would have wanted to book that cruise could not (it includes Labor Day weekend when may people have plans).

Do you know if Regent only cancelled your bridge instructor or if there will be another one on board? I ask because it is possible that there was already one onboard and it was easier to let them continue on rather than fly a different instructor to Lisbon.

Perhaps the bridge instructor was on predicated on the fact that she could bring a following with her. Perhaps these guests did not materialize and thus she did not "earn" the cruise that she would be doing the instructions on. Just a thought. I know that on Crystal they sometimes have bridge instructors that only instruct their group and then they will have an instructor who teaches all other guests.

I looked up the cruise and did not see any bridge offerings. Perhaps there was lack of interest?

Also noticed that you will have Smithsonian speakers onboard which is another Regent contract that will expire at the end of this year and will not be renewed (although many of us are happy about that since independent speakers tend to be better overall).

Thanks for your responses. The cruise was not advertised as a bridge cruise, so I don't seem to have any recourse even though my bridge instructor was asked to do it about one year ago, she was canceled last week.

I think the reason was because the cruise has wait list for every cabin level and Regent did not want to give up a cabin for them......interesting? My bridge instructor was not given a reason, she books through her agent, who was surprised it was canceled with so many sea days. There was no other reason I wanted to be on this cruise.

artful traveler sounds interesting! what ship?

Again, thanks for your responses. Judy

Thanks for your responses. The cruise was not advertised as a bridge cruise, so I don't seem to have any recourse even though my bridge instructor was asked to do it about one year ago, she was canceled last week.

I think the reason was because the cruise has wait list for every cabin level and Regent did not want to give up a cabin for them......interesting? My bridge instructor was not given a reason, she books through her agent, who was surprised it was canceled with so many sea days. There was no other reason I wanted to be on this cruise.

artful traveler sounds interesting! what ship?

Again, thanks for your responses. Judy

Artful Traveler is on the Mariner August 30th (less than two weeks). It is a short cruise - Vancouver to San Francisco (going through Alaska) but there are a few sea days. Regent does run Artful Traveler cruises periodically and they are popular. The cruise wasn't selling well (half full) and once they added this program, it became 90% full.

Thanks, sounds good. enjoy!

not sure why the october 6 cruise is so full and wait listed.

As cruises get closer (hard to believe that October isn't that far away), Regent starts offering upsells to people that are booked to open up availability for lower category suites. They also offer savings for people books on the cruise before and after the cruise you are on. One way or the other, Regent generally manages to sell out their cruises.

Hope that you have a great cruise!

We have cruised on Regent 15 times (all 4 ships) and there has always been a bridge instructor. We know that it is not guaranteed, but it has become a very well attended activity on sea days. We are also booked on Lisbon to NYC (actually Dover to NYC) and, with so many sea days across the Atlantic, were looking forward to some bridge lessons and games.

REGENT - ARE YOU LISTENING? THERE IS STILL TIME TO REVERSE THIS DECISION.

BINGO!!!!!!!! We have a winner.