3 Balcony chairs ?

wanderlust1955

It will be like pulling teeth.

They have a limit of what is there already. Regardless of how many are in the cabin.

That's what I use to try and get an extra one.

Fire hazard they say.

I have tried a few times and have pretty much given up.

Don't count on it.

It will be like pulling teeth.

They have a limit of what is there already. Regardless of how many are in the cabin.

That's what I use to try and get an extra one.

Fire hazard they say.

I have tried a few times and have pretty much given up.

Don't count on it.

Never heard that rationale but as you know it wasn't a fire hazard on the large 9'x9' Caribe deck balconies when they had 4 chairs with a larger table & if I recall correctly there were also footstools.

A Royal-class 9'x4' balcony gets the same number of chairs as a balcony that's twice as large. :confused:

I would ask my steward. If I was denied I would not hassle the steward or argue but... I would calmly make my case to the Princess Captain's Circle Host (not passenger services). That's what they are there for. Don't yell or freak out but be calm and insistent. You will likely get your third lounger.

We actually had 4 on our balcony once before we boarded, even though there were just the two of us. We were with friends so they came in handy. I am thinking the people before us must have requested a couple of extras. So, seems like it can be done. I know this isn't a tipping thread, but if your room steward does agree to bring another chair, I would give a little something extra. If not, we've used that chair and / or desk chair out although not quite the same.

I have no direct experience needing a 3rd chair for the balcony for a 3rd person in a cabin; but I would think it would be in the mindset of Princess to make it happen. They generously supply 2nd entrees to passengers in the main dining room; so I can't imagine they wouldn't be glad to give a single balcony chair for each adult in a cabin.

I do not begin to know why...

But, this is a real issue with Princess.

Maybe they want to make people pay a lot more for a decent sized balcony and even decent chair(s).

We sailed the Ruby, in a larger Caribe balcony. It had REAL table and chairs.

I brought a nice white vinyl coated tablecloth, that wouldn't blow away.

Set up the table nicely.. It looked SO luxurious. We enjoyed drinks, coffee, breakfast, fruit and cheese tray, etc...

Shortly after that, per Princess policy... They changed over to cheaper balcony furnishings.

They actually came thru peoples Caribe deck cabins, mid-cruise, and hauled their tables off!!!

I would ask my steward. If I was denied I would not hassle the steward or argue but... I would calmly make my case to the Princess Captain's Circle Host (not passenger services). That's what they are there for. Don't yell or freak out but be calm and insistent. You will likely get your third lounger.

We did this. It did not do any good. I am afraid that the CC host does not go to bat for the passenger much anymore. Sign of the times. :(

We have always asked for and received a third chair on Dolphin Deck minis on Grand Class ships. The initial conversation is always the same with doom and gloom pessimism expressed--but we have a perfect record in getting what we asked for. Perhaps the steward makes it sound like an impossible "ask" so that when he comes through he looks like a hero. But ask as soon as you meet your steward. There is not an unlimited supply of extra chairs.

We did not bother to ask for a third chair for our Royal balcony. It wouldn't have fit, or at least not comfortably. The third person sat on a footrest with a towel tossed on top of it.

We have always asked for and received a third chair on Dolphin Deck minis on Grand Class ships. The initial conversation is always the same with doom and gloom pessimism expressed--but we have a perfect record in getting what we asked for. Perhaps the steward makes it sound like an impossible "ask" so that when he comes through he looks like a hero. But ask as soon as you meet your steward. There is not an unlimited supply of extra chairs.

We did not bother to ask for a third chair for our Royal balcony. It wouldn't have fit, or at least not comfortably. The third person sat on a footrest with a towel tossed on top of it.

Yes of course. Discount the actual experience.

• 2 months later...

We are just off the Ruby. We asked the cabin steward for a 3rd chair for the balcony. There was initially a negative response, so we thanked him for doing everything he could, slipped him a $20, and went to dinner. When we returned the chair was there.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have traveled in the Caribe balcony many times and have always gotten extra chairs. Usually, we ask for a lounger. It fits. The only catch is, they will not remove the regular furniture. I see no problem in getting an extra chair.

• 4 weeks later...

There were 3 of us in a minisuite where the balcony had the 2 chairs and 2 footstools. We politely asked for a 3rd chair in place of a footstool and were told "no." I think it's wrong to have cabins for 3 or 4, but not provide them with balcony chairs. We just took one of the other cabin chairs out when we all wanted to sit together. Not ideal but it worked. For what I paid for that cabin, Princess was pretty stingy!