H6, H7, H8 on the Escape

brunolvr

We stayed in the H8 - best room we have ever had. There is a door between sitting area and bedroom and a curtain on the window between them. There is also a door between the bedroom and bathroom, people in the sitting room can cut through the closet (seriously) to get to the bathroom if needed.

The H6 does as well (with 2 bath) - I am not sure about the H7

We stayed in the H8 - best room we have ever had. There is a door between sitting area and bedroom and a curtain on the window between them. There is also a door between the bedroom and bathroom, people in the sitting room can cut through the closet (seriously) to get to the bathroom if needed.

We have the H8 next week and are very excited about it. Serious question, sometimes DH can snore really loud. If I go out to the sitting room and close the door, do you think that will block the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the H8, next to the TV, there's a door that separates the living room from the bedroom.

The H6 and H7 have a door near the coffee machine (13106 is one large HC room so no separate bedroom).

I wonder if the Bliss will have a similar floorplan for their H6, H7 & H8 suites. Last time I checked NCL's website, there were no floorplans shown for those particular suites.

We have the H8 next week and are very excited about it. Serious question, sometimes DH can snore really loud. If I go out to the sitting room and close the door, do you think that will block the noise?

That's our problem also. Hope someone knows the answer!

Speaking from personal experience, pretty much (you'll still hear it a little but pretty easy to ignore especially if you turn the TV on the music channel.

I repeat my previous statement, best cruise cabin we have ever had (fyi - couple in our 40s).

For port days I highly recommend working with your butler to get breakfast delivered. They will set it up in the outer room quietly for you and you wake up and eat while getting ready.

• 6 months later...

I am so confused by this H7/H8 difference? The rooms look identical on the bliss deck plan and yet one is cheaper?? Is it just because it has the potential to connect with the balcony room next to it? Why would that make it cheaper? Please help. Just trying to confirm that the H8 is in fact a forward facing suite not a balcony room.

Thanks so much!!

I am so confused by this H7/H8 difference? The rooms look identical on the bliss deck plan and yet one is cheaper?? Is it just because it has the potential to connect with the balcony room next to it? Why would that make it cheaper? Please help. Just trying to confirm that the H8 is in fact a forward facing suite not a balcony room.

Thanks so much!!

The H8 on Escape is a completely different room type than the H8 on Bliss.

Correct, on Bliss.

Yes 2 Wheels is spot on, i just booked an H8 on Bliss through my NCL agent, and he said the only difference between H7 and H8 is the door that connects to the other balcony room.

Now when booking do be careful what deck you are on, there was availability on decks 9,11,13, i like to be on higher decks and wanted 13 but my NCL agent told me that the H8 on deck 13 only had a 27sq ft balcony where if i went to deck ll the balcony is over 40 Sq ft, not sure if this is the same for Escape.

Anyway for a $600 difference i don't mind having a connecting door!

This is incredibly helpful!!! Thank you so much. That’s a small balcony. It says online 82 not 40 😫.

Have you done haven before? We’ve never done ncl and I’m just wondering about tips for budgeting. On Disney we had 3 concierge that we tipped over and above the typical staff tips. Who do you tip on ncl? How much is a good tip?

Thanks so much!

Yes 2 Wheels is spot on, i just booked an H8 on Bliss through my NCL agent, and he said the only difference between H7 and H8 is the door that connects to the other balcony room.

Now when booking do be careful what deck you are on, there was availability on decks 9,11,13, i like to be on higher decks and wanted 13 but my NCL agent told me that the H8 on deck 13 only had a 27sq ft balcony where if i went to deck ll the balcony is over 40 Sq ft, not sure if this is the same for Escape.

Anyway for a $600 difference i don't mind having a connecting door!

This is incredibly helpful!!! Thank you so much. That’s a small balcony. It says online 82 not 40 😫.

Have you done haven before? We’ve never done ncl and I’m just wondering about tips for budgeting. On Disney we had 3 concierge that we tipped over and above the typical staff tips. Who do you tip on ncl? How much is a good tip?

Thanks so much!

Yah whats listed online is not correct, our NCL rep already has a layout of Bliss and know exactly what sizes each cabin is and its associated balcony's.

Yes we actually just did a Haven H9 on BA and loved it! As far as tips everyone is included in the daily charge except for the concierge and the butler. I'm not gonna get into how much is appropriate as that is a personal choice, but the point i do want to make is that they (butler and concierge) are NOT part of the daily gratuities charges.

Thank you! What room did you end up going for on the Bliss? Is there a benefit port vs starboard on this ship in the eastern Caribbean itinerary.

Yah whats listed online is not correct, our NCL rep already has a layout of Bliss and know exactly what sizes each cabin is and its associated balcony's.

Yes we actually just did a Haven H9 on BA and loved it! As far as tips everyone is included in the daily charge except for the concierge and the butler. I'm not gonna get into how much is appropriate as that is a personal choice, but the point i do want to make is that they (butler and concierge) are NOT part of the daily gratuities charges.

Thank you! What room did you end up going for on the Bliss? Is there a benefit port vs starboard on this ship in the eastern Caribbean itinerary.

We ended up with an H8 for the Bliss sailing on deck 11, the balcony is in the 40 Sq FT area, on Port side. Port was recommended by the NCL rep looking at pictures of how the boat docks in St Thomas, while not guaranteed how they will dock the boat, we wanted the best opportunity to see land and not the pier.

As far as H8 and H7, told both are the same cabin, just that H8 has a connecting door (which i don't care about) and is $600 cheaper.