NCL - balcony vs mini suite when traveling w/1 yr old?

lissvarna

Does anyone think there's a significant difference between a balcony room and mini suite on NCL? (Pearl, specifically). I'm worried about our baby sleeping well -- she generally will not sleep if she sees us right there. We can go out on the balcony, but as we're going to Alaska in sep., I know it may get super cold out there. So my question is - is it worth splurging on a mini suite? (An actual suite isn't an option-- not willing to spend that outrageous amount of money) It seems the only real difference in a mini suite vs balcony is a heavy curtain separating the "rooms". I don't want to waste our money on it if it'll make no difference getting her to sleep, but if it will help, it's worth the $. Anyone have experience with this?

we did a mini suite on NCL Pride. It was worth it because it had a bath tub, it did not have a curtain separating areas. My daughter, who as 4, and I, would go out at night. She slept on the top bunk, my husband would hang blankets down so th slower bed was more private and out of view and my son, who was almost 2, slept in the lower bed while my husband sat out on the balcony, but the weather was warm.

We were on the Jewel last summer with our children and grandchildren and I think the minisuite is worth it. The rooms are bigger, there is a tub and the curtain was perfect for the younger kids. Two of the families had a two year old and sleepng wasn't an issue.