BEWARE of Internet Packages on NCL

7seastourist

A package of 250 minutes was purchased on the Norwegian Jade. The remaining amount of minutes on my account that I would go offline with and then re-open with were not the same. For instance, if I had 87 minutes 49 seconds left when I exited, when I next got online, I would have only 87 minutes on my account. Basically, NCL would round down, so that if I didn't exit at exactly 87 minutes, I would lose time. Over the course of my trip, I lost valuable time that I had paid for.

What one can do, though, is take a photo of your closed out page, with the displayed minutes and seconds.

When you next go online, take another photo of what your account is then showing. After several days of this, complain to the internet manager. You might get minutes put back on your account.

Buyer beware!!

• Like 1

This action will force NCL to change their policy to something like this:

The internet package is sold in full minutes. Each usage will be for the total number of minutes or portion of a minute. We do not bill or track partial minutes. So, for example, if you log in for 42 seconds, you will be charged for one minute. Thank you for making our life complicated.

Thanks for the chuckle for the day. This is pretty much how the phone company has always charged as well.

IMHO, a few seconds in rounding of time is not worth the effort and hassle to track. Kinda like counting the number of french fries in my cone of Cagney Fries. Enjoy your vacation.

Agree 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have bought several internet packages with NCL. Yes sometimes you don't log off properly and you lose minutes. This is not a big deal. My experience EVERY time is that if you bring this to the attention of the NCL internet employee, they ALWAYS have given me back minutes for many reasons. Sometimes the page freezes for minutes. Sometimes other things happen. If you bring it to their attention they most likely will give you back those minutes. Its my experience they are not going to put up a fuss or fight over internet minutes. Just tell them what happened and you will get the minutes back. They have always been very friendly and always have given me back minutes plus more and I just tell them the page froze for minutes or got booted off for some reason. Its been my experience several times they are very liberal with giving the customers lost minutes back every time.

I agree with the OP.. Heck, we all have different reasons for using internet on board for those of us that do use it. For the amount that is charged, I'd be annoyed too. I always get unlimited internet anyway, so it's not an issue for me... But I'd go get my minutes back too if I had to.

She is not talking about minutes she is talking about seconds!

Yeah, but 49 seconds each time means after ten times OP has lost more than 8 minutes of paid time = $3.60

So they figure spending time to take before/after photos and time in line at internet manager desk is worth it to get those 8 minutes credited.

Their philosophy evidently is Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. My philosophy is my time is worth more than that. I'd forego those few minutes.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Rodney W said:

A lot of really crabby people on this thread. 

I appreciate the OP's question because I had the same concern.

So,,,,, was there value taking a cheap shot at the posters on a thread that has been dead for 16 months.

The problem with posting to old threads is that the information is old and out of date. And it confuses people who are trying to make informed decisions on how things work toady (not 2017). 

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,,,, was there value taking a cheap shot at the posters on a thread that has been dead for 16 months.

The problem with posting to old threads is that the information is old and out of date. And it confuses people who are trying to make informed decisions on how things work toady (not 2017). 

I note the information is still valid but that doesn't matter to you. All you care about is someone pointing out all the rudeness and disrespect.  

Tough.

• Like 1