Best Port Canveral hotels

SuttonJ149

Cruising on Oasis, leaving 10/22.. driving from MI and planning on arriving night before and staying somewhere close to the port.. looking for suggestions/recommendations on decent hotels in the area and what the best parking options are (at the port or off port/hotel parking). Thanks in advance!

We're staying at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach the night before we set sail on Oasis. Nice beach area, walk to lots of food and a liquor store for carry on wine. :D Lots of hotels in the area allow you to leave your car at the hotel for a small fee, and offer shuttles to the port. Our hotel uses Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

Cruising on Oasis, leaving 10/22.. driving from MI and planning on arriving night before and staying somewhere close to the port.. looking for suggestions/recommendations on decent hotels in the area and what the best parking options are (at the port or off port/hotel parking). Thanks in advance!

We have sailed out of PC numerous times. We always stay at the Radisson. Free parking and a shuttle to the port.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites close to the port. You can include parking at the hotel in booking a room, and the hotel provides a shuttle. Couldn't have been easier and it was exciting to wake up the morning of the cruise and see the Oasis from the hotel. The hotel is a short easy ride to Fishlips which I also recommend for dinner.

We stay at the Homewood Suites, a Hilton property, very close to the port.
Second the Homewood Suites.

They do offer a park and cruise package. Unless it has changed, they use one of the local taxi companies for getting you to and from the port.

Sent from a mobile device

We have sailed out of PC numerous times. We always stay at the Radisson. Free parking and a shuttle to the port.

The parking and shuttle are only "free" when you book their park and cruise package.

If you book another rate the parking and shuttle can be added for a reasonable fee.

Ditto!!! We have also stayed at the Radisson and will be on our upcoming cruise in Oct. If you do self-disembarkation, they are there early so you can get on the road asap if you are driving or have an early flight.

Another vote for Homewood Suites, we stayed there last month. It's the very closest hotel to the port, less than a mile I believe. The return shuttle back to the hotel was a bit unorganized but we were one of the last groups off the ship. And they don't have covered parking but I don't know if any of them do tbh. It was $5 per person each way on the bus and $6 per night to park. It's around $120 to park at the terminal so that was a $40 saving for us, but I'd consider paying the extra to be in the covered terminal parking next time (I don't know if that's a Texas thing but we always look for covered parking!).

Another tip for you: the tolls between Ocala and PC on the FL turnpike will run you around $8.50 each way, make sure you bring cash/change. There are no signs indicating that you are getting on a toll road until well after you're on it!

I have stayed at The Residence Inn and the Radisson on two previous cruises.

The Residence is great if you need the extra space. We had a two bedroom and it was very comfortable. There is also a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The Residence Inn has interior corridors so that is good for added security and a basic pool.

The Radisson generally has basic hotel rooms although has Sleep Number beds. The Radisson has a great pool area with faux rocks and a waterfall, but has exterior corridors and a charge for breakfast.

In October we will be staying at the Homewood Suites. I'll be curious to see how it compares to my previous visits to Cape Canaveral.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have stayed at The Residence Inn and the Radisson on two previous cruises.

The Residence is great if you need the extra space. We had a two bedroom and it was very comfortable. There is also a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The Residence Inn has interior corridors so that is good for added security and a basic pool.

The Radisson generally has basic hotel rooms although has Sleep Number beds. The Radisson has a great pool area with faux rocks and a waterfall, but has exterior corridors and a charge for breakfast.

In October we will be staying at the Homewood Suites. I'll be curious to see how it compares to my previous visits to Cape Canaveral.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great information,we always avoid hotels with external corridors.

Last time our hotel options were only in Orlando.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

There is also the a Country a Inn and Suites in the same area. Nice hotel with free breakfast and the park and cruise option.

The Country Inn &a Suites and Residence Inn are next door to each other.....Homewood Suites is across the street from them. The Radisson is about a 1/4 mile down the street.

These are the four hotels closest to the port.....

The Hampton Inn is good. They have a shuttle also but we have never used it as we have a rental car which we turn in the day of the cruise and use their shuttle to the pier. :cool:

Can I ask which rental car companies you have used and what you liked best? I assume they all have shuttles from there to the port.

• 2 months later...
There is also the a Country a Inn and Suites in the same area. Nice hotel with free breakfast and the park and cruise option.

The Country Inn &a Suites and Residence Inn are next door to each other.....Homewood Suites is across the street from them. The Radisson is about a 1/4 mile down the street.

These are the four hotels closest to the port.....

What are some good restaurants nearby for dinner?

What are some good restaurants nearby for dinner?

In the port area, I love Grills for great seafood. Fishlips is also decent. In Cape Canaveral, Thai Thai for some very good thai food and sushi. Southern Charm Cafe for really good breakfast and lunch, Papa Vito's for pizza. Just a little farther down in Cocoa Beach is Coaster's Taphouse. 20+ excellent rotating beers on tap and an excellent food menu. While they don't serve food, Florida Beer Company taproom is in Cape Canaveral and has a really good selection on tap.