The sweet suite life on the Costa Fascinosa November 2016

alicat58

Haven't been on Costa in a number of years but your review is making me think it's time to go back. I loved the European feel on our Costa Atlantica cruise. Just returned from a cruise on Holland America's Koningsdam and found it boring. Nothing wrong with it just too familiar. I like something different when I travel. I've been on MSC and loved it and already have a cruise booked on their new Seaside next January. I hope they don't make it too "American". Thanks for struggling with Photobucket to share your photos. Bob

Edited by CTBob

Hi Bob

Thanks for your comments. I am probably too impatient and too technically challenged for Photobucket.

We will be in Mumbai on the NeoClassica in 3w. I am hoping to do a better job on that trip. Look out for it sometime in March.

We have only been on Costa and really like them.

Here is my list:

Fascinosa Nov 2016: Western Med

Luminosa July 2016: Baltic

Pacifica May 2016: Barcelona to Hamburg

Diadema Febr 2016: Western Med

Deliziosa Nov 2015: Eastern Med

Diadema May 2015: Western Med

NeoRomatica Jan 2015: Western/Eastern Med

Serena Jan/Febr 2014:Western Med

Deliziosa March 2011: Persian Gulf

Fortuna April 2009:Eastern Med

Magica April 2005: Wester/Easten Med

It is quite clear when we became a child free zone!

There are lots of moaning about Costa and the cost. I think they are very reasonable compared to the other lines when I compare the prices. Their service charge is not excessive, their drinks package(Piu gusto) is much cheaper than the other lines and other that the service desk and our recrnt issue with the cruise consultant , the staff do an amazing job.

We don't partake in what hubby calls "Butlins at sea" (he's by the way never been to anything like Butlins) and we are honestly not that keen on sea days. The animation team is a hoot though. They like to shout "Applauso" a lot and when I hear them I suddenly feel really at home.

We are just disappointed that Costa does not do North America and the Far East. It seems that the Far East cruises are purely aimed at the local market and does not even come up on the UK Costa site. We are not overly keen on the Caribbean but might try one of the South America ones at some stage.

Give them a try.

Alicat

The animation team is a hoot though. They like to shout "Applauso" a lot and when I hear them I suddenly feel really at home.

Alicat

We absolutely loved the animation team on the MSC Divina. The mainstream cruise lines are really cutting down to only a cruise director and an assistant. Glad to hear that Costa has something similar. Bob

"Butlins is a chain of large holiday camps in the United Kingdom. Butlins was founded by Billy Butlin to provide affordable holidays for ordinary British families." (a long time ago in 1936! and still going)

I think the reason why hubby calls the entertainment "Butlins at sea" is because it's a bit cheesy. Costa does not seem quite as bad as some in my opinion. Why would one want to look at a "hairy chest competition" or for that matter belly flop etc.

Hopefully CCers won't think this is snobbery. It was meant to be tongue in cheek. Just not our cup of tea.:o

"Butlins is a chain of large holiday camps in the United Kingdom. Butlins was founded by Billy Butlin to provide affordable holidays for ordinary British families." (a long time ago in 1936! and still going)

I think the reason why hubby calls the entertainment "Butlins at sea" is because it's a bit cheesy. Costa does not seem quite as bad as some in my opinion. Why would one want to look at a "hairy chest competition" or for that matter belly flop etc.

Hopefully CCers won't think this is snobbery. It was meant to be tongue in cheek. Just not our cup of tea.:o

Edited by alicat58
duplicate