Number and type of electrical outlets

Zoom77

I am not familiar with the Jade's outlets. There will be one US 110 volt outlet for sure, but some of NCL ships also have a European 220 volt outlet too... If so you may be able to use it...

You are from Cyprus. I would plan a converter and adapter to the US outlet and maybe a European 220 volt adapter if necessary... Keep in mind many electronic gadgets today are of dual voltage, the converter may not be necessary... Read the information of each gadgets power needs...

Since the Jade spends all of its time in the European area, I find it difficult if NCL hasn't made some accommodation for European 220 volt circuits.... But one never knows with NCL...

Most Americans don't take this question very seriously. Its a big deal for Europeans... It would be a bigger deal with Americans if half of the US was wired with 220 instead of 110...

Thanks! I just checked and it seems that all the gadgets I am planing to bring are dual voltage.

If anybody knows how many and what type of outlets are on Jade (mini-suite) I would still like to know since I have to decide if I need adapters and/or a power strip.

Thanks. "Few" might be enough or not enough. 3 will be enough, 2 might not be. Is there anybody that can remember how many and what type the plugs are?

E.g. 1 US type, 1 European type, 1 UK type.

I believe NCL stocks Euro adapter in case you have to use the US 110 volt outlet. Ask your room steward for a adapter for the US outlet...

Surely with the Jewel NCL has made some sort of arrangement for Euro 220 volt circuits since she is in Europe all of the time... Either stocking adapters or providing a 220 volt Euro outlet...

Just be sure every gadget you bring is dual voltage capable... Most modern gadgets: digital cameras, computers, cell phones, and iPods are dual voltage capable from the factory...

I wish I could do better with an answer... International adapter travel kits are available... I would go with one of these international adapter kits which should cover any possibility...

There probably is only one outlet if its only the US outlet so do plan on bringing a power strip.... If there is a Euro outlet too, there will be one of each US and Euro at the same location in most of the cabins... The more expensive suites may have more than one outlet, maybe another outlet--- don't plan on several...

If I recall correctly from our Jade cruise in the Med last year, there was one European outlet for the coffee pot and one U.S. plug across the room on the desk. It taught us to bring a power strip for our subsequent cruise on the Sun, and we will pack it again next April to ride the Pearl across Panama.

Thanks. I have a converter so we will have 2 usable outlets. I think they might be enough after all.

We will have 2 mobile phones, but their batteries last for several days, especially since we will not use them much while abroad. The Laptop I might need to recharge once or twice, but not more since internet is expensive on the ship and it will not get much usage. The MP3 can last for days, maybe I will need to recharge it twice max. The only things I will need to charge on a daily basis are the 2 cameras and maybe the GPS, but the 2 outlets should be enough for this. (cameras charge in less than 2 hours each, and I can leave the GPS overnight). I hope I am not forgetting anything!

These are pictures that I took in our aft Mini on the Jade in 2008.

I always take a power strip and both European and US adapters.

The 220v socket is better as the US 110v will take longer to recharge your batteries.

2430069300079173854S500x500Q85.jpg

2628223340079173854S500x500Q85.jpg

The 110v socket in use on the left is the TV, I think, although there may have been another behind the TV, I can't remember now.

You can also plug into the internet via the ethernet connections because the cabins are not wireless enabled. You may need to get the internet manager to get the connections configured, as we did. It took a couple of days.

Thanks Tony! So there are at least 3 outlets (I guess I can unplug the TV if I need the 3rd outlet?) And maybe there will be another one where the Hairdryer is plugged?

Yes, I hadn't thought about where the hairdryer was plugged in.

If you look closer at the picture, the cord disappears through the desk so there must be a socket below. The fridge is also below the desk so there must be some power down there although I didn't see any sockets. Maybe they are behind the drawers

We found this Belkin unit that works for us, three plugs, a surge protector, and two USB plugs to charge our IPods. It's small and the plug swivels 360 degrees. It costs about twenty bucks and is available at cyberguys.com

p24259a-1.jpg

Problem with that is that it won't accept British or Euro style plugs. :(

Archived