Princess "hospitality center" at Anchorage Convention Center

lasvegaswojo

My wife and I will be checking into the downtown Anchorage Marriott one day prior before we head to the Sun Princess. My first cruise so I am probably over-planning. We have bus transfers to our ship, however we will not be boarding the bus at the airport when we arrive since we go to our hotel the night before. Someone said that Princess has a hospitality area at the convention center. Have any of you "veterens" ever gone this route or know of it? I know we gather our luggage and head back to the airport but the CC is so close to the hotel. We arrive very late Sunday night and head out this Monday (9/5). Thanks so very much!

Yes - I believe you can go directly to the Egan Center and pick up Princess transportation there.

Also - I am not sure if Princess is using the Marriott as one of their hotels or not but a few years ago I stayed at the Captain Cook hotel. The hotel employees realized I was not with a Princess package. He told me to put my luggage tags on my luggage and drop them off at the Bell Captain's desk the following morning. He then threw my luggage in with all the people who booked the hotel through the cruise line and my luggage was brought to the ship with all of theirs. He got a huge tip!

The hotel people are so used to cruise passengers - you should not have any problems - have a great cruise!

Archived