Question Regarding Tour & Azamara Amazing Evening

rabin1

Hello

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not.............I have a tour booked in the same city as the Amazing evening. The ship arrives in port at 7 am. The tour is 9 &1/2 hours. So assuming the tour starts at 7;30 am that would be 5 pm return to the ship. Leave port at 11 so that means the amazing evening probably leaves around 7. Is that enough time to eat and get ready? Or does that mean just I have to hussle to make it or just not go? Also what if the tour is late coming back? Again just not go to it?. I really want to go to both. Any suggestions other than what I just said would be appreciated?

Thank you

Kathy

Depends how long you take to get ready. It's plenty of time to eat at the buffet in Windows and get changed, but you would need to check the exact time the Azamazing evening starts. It usually says in the Azamara Excursion booklet/description.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It very much depends which port is being discussed- been on several cruises where we had a 2300 departure and we left for the Azamazing evening between 1730 and 1830.

To the original poster, is your excursion run by the cruiseline, if so they shoukd have factored in the Evening timings.

If you let us know what port those who have been on the evening in that port can give you more specific guidance but fingers crossed all will be well for you.

Hello

I just looked up the tour departure time is 9;30 am. Yes it is a ships tour. There is no departure time for the Amazing evening just says 3 hours. It is Aqaba, Jordan. So there is no way this tour will be back in time to go to the Amazing evening. I guess I need to decide which I want to do. Is the Petra Red Rose Desert tour a must see?

Thanks again

Kathy

Which cruise are you on? I would be very surprised if Azamara have a day time tour that doesn't allow you to be back for the Azamazing evening. Our next Azamara cruise goes to Aqaba in Nov 2017. We will be there for a day and a half (3/4 Nov). The Azamazing evening is on the first day and full tours are on the second day.

Which cruise are you on? I would be very surprised if Azamara have a day time tour that doesn't allow you to be back for the Azamazing evening. Our next Azamara cruise goes to Aqaba in Nov 2017. We will be there for a day and a half (3/4 Nov). The Azamazing evening is on the first day and full tours are on the second day.

It is in April 2018 but the tour is in May. I paid for it but don;t know what to do. Ship is in port 7am to 11pm. The times just don;t work.

Kathy

I have done the Amazing evening in Aquaba and you leave the ship very early as they want you there for sunset which is usually around 7pm. The site of the evening is a good 45 minute drive from the ship. We actually left the ship at 5pm

I have done the Amazing evening in Aquaba and you leave the ship very early as they want you there for sunset which is usually around 7pm. The site of the evening is a good 45 minute drive from the ship. We actually left the ship at 5pm

Guess that answers my question either go see Petra or do the amazing evening.

I wonder if Petra is worth it? Please advise. I know it is one of the seven wonders of the world

Thank you

Kathy

Guess that answers my question either go see Petra or do the amazing evening.

I wonder if Petra is worth it? Please advise

Thank you

Kathy

You are going to have to make the decision but for me, it was the reason I took my cruise. Google Petra and you will hopefully see why many buses leave the ship each day for Petra

Kathy

I would think Azamara will take care of those on the tour who want to do the Azamazing. If it is at Wadi Rum, then that's on the way home, so your bus will probably arrive there around the same time as those coming from the ship. You'll probably be provided with information once you're on board, as there'll be at least a couple of bus loads in the same situation. Dinner might be the only practical complication (other than being tired from a long day). However, if you do have to choose one or the other, Petra is a no brainer.

good luck

Tony

Ask when you get on the ship.They will book you on the Azamazing evening if they say that you can fit them both in. After all the evening is free with drinks and nibbles. The show was good last year when I went in Wadi Rum. When you get back onboard they provide food upstairs with some entertainment.

As others have said I am sure Azamara will ensure you can attend the evening but will you be in the mood to do so?

If it were me, think I would be hot and tired after a full day's touring and would want nothing more than a refreshing shower and a quiet dinner.

Sure you will make the choice that is right for you but I would enjoy the wonders of Petra and miss the Azamazing Evening on this occasion.

I think if you check the documentation about excursions you will see the Azamazing evening is on May 21, and the Petra tour is next day, May 22.

So that should allow you to do both.

I think you may be talking about 2017. I just had a look at the itinerary for the 26 April 2018 cruise and it is only at Aquaba for 1 day. However, I also saw that the Azamazing evening is not at Aquaba, it is at Haifa on 10 May 2018.

Then as I said above, the Azamazing evening is on Haifa, not Aqaba, so you don't need to worry about it.

You are correct it is in Haifa but still booked a tour that is 9 and half hours. I think I am just going to forget about the Amazing evening. The tour is more important to me.

Thanks for setting me straight............lol

Kathy