Electric adapters?

Candy261183

Can any of the seasoned British cruisers tell me if I need USA travel adapters for cabin on Quest for my uk mobile, iPad etc.:confused:

The cabins now have USB points so you can charge most devices that way. You will need an adapter for other electrical items. Have a great cruise :D

Can any of the seasoned British cruisers tell me if I need USA travel adapters for cabin on Quest for my uk mobile, iPad etc.:confused:

The cabins have 2 USA outlets and also 2 European 2 pin round outlets as well as the USB sockets Jackie mentioned.

I just take European adaptors.

The other point is that the European outlets are higher powered than the USA ones. I know by my hairdryer!!

Be sure to take your own hairdryer too!

The cabins have 2 USA outlets and also 2 European 2 pin round outlets as well as the USB sockets Jackie mentioned.

I just take European adaptors.

The other point is that the European outlets are higher powered than the USA ones. I know by my hairdryer!!

Be sure to take your own hairdryer too!

Take your own hair dryer!! Does this mean that Azamara don't supply one or if they do is it very poor or worse still is it one of those fixed in the ensuite. Good point raised my wife will be grateful if you can expand on this point Thanks

Take your own hair dryer!! Does this mean that Azamara don't supply one or if they do is it very poor or worse still is it one of those fixed in the ensuite. Good point raised my wife will be grateful if you can expand on this point Thanks

Yes they do supply a hairdryer. Not the fixed ensuite type.....but as grandma cruising said...you have to hold down the switch......

I am perhaps strange in that 1 thing I would take on desert island is a decent hairdryer.. [i know...why????]... and Azamara for all their excellent points do NOT provide a decent hairdryer!!! It is 1 of the few things I would pull them up about.... tell your wife the best advice I can give her is.....to pack her own.

Joyce

Yes, last week on Quest I was using the USB charger. It is underneath the bedside light fitting on the wall. Very handy for overnight charging. At the desk area there are two US flat pin sockets and two European round pin sockets. So you need a 3 pin into two pin adaptor for non USB appliances such as the one which I used for my camera battery.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't mind the cabin hairdryer at all. It is situated in the desk drawer in front of the mirror. It's not as powerful as my own hairdryer, but it's adequate and there is no way I would use luggage space bringing my own heavy hairdryer when that space could be used for another handbag purchase! As previously mentioned, people with arthritic hands may find it difficult to hold down the "on" switch when operating it though.

European and US sockets.

As I have a 5 USB adapter ( from Amazon) I only used the European adapter. There is also a USB socket near the lamp on the left hand side bed side table.

On Journey there is a USB socket on each side of the bed, well hidden under the light fitting :D

I don't mind the cabin hairdryer at all. It is situated in the desk drawer in front of the mirror. It's not as powerful as my own hairdryer, but it's adequate and there is no way I would use luggage space bringing my own heavy hairdryer when that space could be used for another handbag purchase! As previously mentioned, people with arthritic hands may find it difficult to hold down the "on" switch when operating it though.

On our last RCI (sister company) cruise, I found that somebody had kindly left a rubber band wrapped around the power button on the hair dryer. So all I had to do was plug it in. It only took a day or two for me to remember not to be aiming it at anything that might blow off the vanity.:eek: