How to attach Carnival paper luggage tags?

SoonerOne

I printed mine on card stock then placed packing tape around them.

I used a hole punch to make a hole. I then placed a cable tie through the hole, placed it on the handle of our luggage and secured the cable tie.

In the future I will print them on regular paper. The card stock and packing tape made them very bulky.

Hope that helps.

Can't you also get extra luggage tags at the port?

We always have cruise ship tags on our luggage when we leave home. I want the airline to know where to deliver our bags if they are lost.

The tags really helped us on one trip when the plane was too heavy for a commuter to Houston. the airline pulled luggage off to lighten the load. They would go on the next flight. But they announced if the suitcases had cruise tags, they wouldn't be pulled as they wanted us to have our luggage in Galveston for the cruise. About 10 bags WERE pulled...and NOT ours.:)

We always have cruise ship tags on our luggage when we leave home. I want the airline to know where to deliver our bags if they are lost.

The tags really helped us on one trip when the plane was too heavy for a commuter to Houston. the airline pulled luggage off to lighten the load. They would go on the next flight. But they announced if the suitcases had cruise tags, they wouldn't be pulled as they wanted us to have our luggage in Galveston for the cruise. About 10 bags WERE pulled...and NOT ours.:)

Every time we've flown we've been told to remove all tags, except one with our names on it. Did you have your name on the back of the cruise tag or was it a seperate tag? I'm just curious as to how you did it, as I like that idea. Our luggage has gotten lost way too much recently when we fly. ;)

Every time we've flown we've been told to remove all tags, except one with our names on it. Did you have your name on the back of the cruise tag or was it a seperate tag? I'm just curious as to how you did it, as I like that idea. Our luggage has gotten lost way too much recently when we fly. ;)

I am very curious about this too. It is a great safe gaurd, if the airlines will allow you to keep the cruise tags on.

Robin

Just a question............... after having to go through all that work, would you be willing to pay extra to go back to the old tags?

I've wondered about that, too. I'm happy with E-docs, but I would pay $1.00 more (that should more than cover the cost of the tags and the postage) to get the "real", stronger luggage tags :) !

I write our regular luggage tags in pencil. On the way to the cruise I put on the hotel and the cruise info, then I erase that and on the way home I put our home address. I also put a complete itinerary in each piece of luggage.

We were on Celebrity and just put the tags on along with our normal i.d. tags. Was no big deal to our airlines. Have done this for the last 2 cruises with no problem. We're cruising again next month and will do it again. I'm ready to "take a stand" if they ask us to remove them. We take non stops, so that may have something to do with it not being an issue in the past. I always tape info re the cruise ship and dates on the inside of our bags too. But I don't know if that would help us if our outside tags give our home address. I don't want them sending our bags HOME. We met a young couple on one of our cruises that did with NO luggage the entire 10 days! Their bags were shipped back to their home airport when they weren't picked up after a few days in San Juan. They bought all new clothes at the ports. What a pain!! They were not looking forward to dealing with airline for reimbursement when they returned home.

Cruised in November on the Conquest with a group. One party forgot to print tags at home so they were given tags at the port w/no problems. Some who printed brought a stapler and put them on before going to the port. That worked, but a hassle to remember a stapler. I printed them out and folded as directed, applied clear packing tape to them,punched a hole at the top fold and attached thick rubber bands. They easily slipped onto the luggage handles at the port, and everything showed up including two twelve packs of soda taped together with of course an extra luggage tag.

Hope this helps.

Cruised in November on the Conquest with a group. One party forgot to print tags at home so they were given tags at the port w/no problems. Some who printed brought a stapler and put them on before going to the port. That worked, but a hassle to remember a stapler. I printed them out and folded as directed, applied clear packing tape to them,punched a hole at the top fold and attached thick rubber bands. They easily slipped onto the luggage handles at the port, and everything showed up including two twelve packs of soda taped together with of course an extra luggage tag.

Hope this helps.

We actually are talking of putting the tags on at home, pre flight, not at the port as you board the ship. Yes, you can always get new tags while you check in at the port, if you forget them.

I don't want them sending our bags HOME. We met a young couple on one of our cruises that did with NO luggage the entire 10 days! Their bags were shipped back to their home airport when they weren't picked up after a few days in San Juan.

If they waited for a few days they were lucky their luggage was anywhere to be found. I'm guessing the airline would not honor any claims on that one - sorry after days I don't have a bit of sympathy on that one.

When I traveled for a living, the airlines attempt to contact by phone and any paperwork you fill out when you go to the counter in baggage claims will ask where you are staying, then they deliver. They don't just ship it back to where it came from.

If they waited for a few days they were lucky their luggage was anywhere to be found. I'm guessing the airline would not honor any claims on that one - sorry after days I don't have a bit of sympathy on that one.

When I traveled for a living, the airlines attempt to contact by phone and any paperwork you fill out when you go to the counter in baggage claims will ask where you are staying, then they deliver. They don't just ship it back to where it came from.

They did not put in for a claim with the airlines, once they located the bags back in their home state. ( I think I remember them getting something from their insurance coverage to buy new things. ) They couldn't do much re: locating the bags while on board their ship. What they did learn was to plan their next cruise with a pre cruise hotel stay, so if the bags don't make it with them, they will probably be able to get them before the ship sailed the next day.

I agree you'd think the bags would have been sitting in San Juan waiting for them after the cruise. THat's what they expected. Instead they were back in Seattle. Figure that out.

Archived