Disney Miami Port to FLL, reasonable time?

Nasadave

First time Disney cruising. We will be on the Magic in January. Looking at taking a departing flight out of FLL at 12:45pm. Can we reasonably expect to make that flight by booking a return shuttle service? Not sure how long it takes to disembark and work through customs.

Assuming normal Customs clearance' date=' this should be no problem at all. The port in Miami to FLL is less than 30 minutes unless you hit a traffic issue.[/quote']

Awesome, thanks. Planning on self demarkation when the gangway opens, so hopefully it'll be smooth.

I had the same issue for my January cruise out of POM, with flight out of FLL. I searched and searched to find something to fill our time, and get us to FLL. All options added up to be too costly, as we couldn't go right to airport in morning for an evening flight. I ended up booking a 4.5 hour excursion to kill some of the time, and excursion will get us to airport, but we will still have HOURS there! Yuk!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually have more time with an afternoon flight, but when we sail from/to Miami, we always rent a car at the airport in Miami and drive to Ft Lauderdale for shopping and lunch. We often go out to Sawgrass Mills for a walk-around. Afterward, we simply return the car at FLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last three cruises have been from POM, each time flying in/from FLL. We have never rushed getting off the ship. Aim to get off the ship in the 8:30 - 9:00 range. Used SAS on two trips, cab on one, and we were curbside at FLL before 10 am.

FYI. Use the curbside check-in. So much easier and well worth the few dollars to skip the line inside.