6 Beers Confiscated Despite Compliance With Policy

the_dylaness

I witnessed a horrible shrew berating the customer service desk girl when the shrew's luggage was soaked by someone else's broken tequila bottle. The shrew had no untainted clothing for a while. Seeing the way she treated the ship's personnel kinda made me want to spill a beer onto her.

I was treated to this sort of display on Celebrity.

I can be somewhat argumentative online (and lord knows CC can bring out the absolute worst in me), but I am always polite and friendly to anyone working behind a counter or a cash register, even if they're giving ME attitude, because I remember that I'm lucky enough to be standing on the other side.

The thing is--a lot of the time, just being friendly, smiling or making a joke to that person behind the counter, even when they clearly hate their job, can make all the difference in the world. Once they realize you're not another entitled jerk winding up to yell at them, they're more inclined to help you out.

Edited by AdoraBelle

I can be somewhat argumentative online (and lord knows CC can bring out the absolute worst in me), but I am always polite and friendly to anyone working behind a counter or a cash register, even if they're giving ME attitude, because I remember that I'm lucky enough to be standing on the other side.

The thing is--a lot of the time, just being friendly, smiling or making a joke to that person behind the counter, even when they clearly hate their job, can make all the difference in the world. Once they realize you're not another entitled jerk winding up to yell at them, they're more inclined to help you out.

Amen--preach on, sister!

The real question is what kind of beer was it ? Im thinking it was prolly bud light and they were actually doing her a favor by not letting her drink it.

Or im kinda thinking why make such a fuss over a flippin' 6 pack of beer ? Whats the best resolution you can expect ?

Besides , Friends dont let friends drink bud light !

Nope, a really nice local brew my mom is super fond of.

The real question is what kind of beer was it ? Im thinking it was prolly bud light and they were actually doing her a favor by not letting her drink it.

Or im kinda thinking why make such a fuss over a flippin' 6 pack of beer ? Whats the best resolution you can expect ?

Besides , Friends dont let friends drink bud light !

You must have missed the post above. Not bud light.

ex techie

You must have missed the post above. Not bud light.

ex techie

Well then thats a different story. Lets boycott princess and put the hurt on them. No way should a grand mother be subjected to a week long cruise in the same cabin as her grand kids with out a little "relief". If i ever cruise with her the first round is on me !

Well then thats a different story. Lets boycott princess and put the hurt on them. No way should a grand mother be subjected to a week long cruise in the same cabin as her grand kids with out a little "relief". If i ever cruise with her the first round is on me !

This is the Disney Cruise Line board.

Not Princess board.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

This is the Disney Cruise Line board.

Not Princess board.

ex techie

Ok techie its showing up in the general generic feed for me. Anyways lets still boycott princess and ever drink tonight will be raised im rememberance of those 6 lonely undrank soldiers. Cheers !

For what it is worth, I think the OP brings up another Disney policy that is not well understood by many people. (I'm sure most of the posters here understand it, but others may not.)

That is the tagging of bags. I personally thought that only certain airlines participated in the automatic bag transfer program. I also thought that it only applied to people using Disney transportation to the port.

So when my DW put our Disney luggage tags on our luggage, I thought, "well that isn't needed now, but it won't affect anything since we aren't using Disney Transport and since we are flying SouthWest."

I was WRONG. We got to Orlando the night before the cruise and our bags were all missing. We inquired and were told, "Oh they are on the way to the port, because the tags were on them."

In the end, we got them back that night, and no harm was done. Indeed, I hold no ill-will towards Disney for it, but I would have liked to have had more information. Did it specifically say NOT to put those tags on until we reached the port? I tried to read the documents that came with the tags and didn't see that. For that matter, we probably would have LOVED to have the option to have our luggage go straight to the port if we knew about it ahead of time (so we could pack accordingly) and if we knew it would be stored safely overnight.

So if nothing else, a warning to future travelers, DON'T put those tags on ahead of time, unless you are using the Disney Transport.

For what it is worth, I think the OP brings up another Disney policy that is not well understood by many people. (I'm sure most of the posters here understand it, but others may not.)

That is the tagging of bags. I personally thought that only certain airlines participated in the automatic bag transfer program. I also thought that it only applied to people using Disney transportation to the port.

So when my DW put our Disney luggage tags on our luggage, I thought, "well that isn't needed now, but it won't affect anything since we aren't using Disney Transport and since we are flying SouthWest."

I was WRONG. We got to Orlando the night before the cruise and our bags were all missing. We inquired and were told, "Oh they are on the way to the port, because the tags were on them."

In the end, we got them back that night, and no harm was done. Indeed, I hold no ill-will towards Disney for it, but I would have liked to have had more information. Did it specifically say NOT to put those tags on until we reached the port? I tried to read the documents that came with the tags and didn't see that. For that matter, we probably would have LOVED to have the option to have our luggage go straight to the port if we knew about it ahead of time (so we could pack accordingly) and if we knew it would be stored safely overnight.

So if nothing else, a warning to future travelers, DON'T put those tags on ahead of time, unless you are using the Disney Transport.

The pre-cruise booklet we've always gotten does say when to put the tags on.

First, as Shmoo said, the pre-cruise booklet contains instructions for using the tags. Secondly, the concept of a participating airline(which you must have learned from reading something) applies only on the return to MCO leg and only if using DCL transportation. Thirdly, under no circumstances will Disney/DCL store your luggage at MCO overnight or send them to the port a day early, regardless of what someone at MCO told you.

Another issue to consider is that if your bags are tagged for the ship erroneously, they can be pulled and sent to the port for a ship that is departing on your arrival day. That's a mess if you don't get them back before they leave MCO.

The method for using the tags is very easy. Put them on when your next step is turning them over to DCL.

If you are arriving a day early or using something other than DCL transportation, do not put DCL tags on the bags. If you are going to WDW, place the WDW tags on the bags (for a while they had a unified WDW/DCL tag, but on our last cruise were back to the separate tags.) If you are going to a hotel or using transportation other than DCL, do not put the tags on the bags. In those cases, you will put the tags on before your transportation leaves for the port, or even when you arrive at the cruise terminal.

But the bottom line is that DCL covers all of this in the cruise booklet....you know, that book that no one ever reads!

If they get flustered, they won't work as hard.

On our first Celebrity cruise, our butler would visit us first, because he wanted to start the day with our smiles.