Orlando Airport, MEx and luggage?

EJanss

Just to take an afternoon flight, warm off the jet lag, and get a relaxed morning before embarkation, I decided to treat myself to an overnight at the Hyatt Orlando Int'l Airport (Call me crazy, but I love the location! :D Stayed there once before; I like airports, and I like waking up before the traffic to look down upon "my backyard" of the big empty interior terminal court.)

Before ducking the crowds, and taking an 11am shuttle to hit Port Canaveral after the 11:30 rush.

If I take a Disney shuttle, is the Magical Express luggage-porting also available just going out of MCO, even if not put through at the departing airport?

The agent had mentioned that the Hyatt can also participate with MEx's luggage-porting if you make a note with Check-in to leave your bags tagged and ready...Is this possible and has anyone done this?

First time, as the .sig says, although I've been through MCO for plenty of land vacations before.

Edited by EJanss

Let's be clear here--where are you going when you leave the Hyatt?

IF you are going on DCL, you will not use Magical Express. Magical Express is a free service between MCO and WDW. That's all it does.

DCL transfers are $35 per person per "leg" and go between MCO and Port Canaveral and WDW/Port Canaveral.

If you are going on DCL, you notify the Hyatt at the time of check in and they will put you on the Disney list. In the morning, leave your packed luggage inside your hotel room with the cruise tags applied. They will collect the luggage and deliver it to DCL. They Hyatt will also give you a form to give to DCL. DCL uses this form to confirm that they have received your luggage from the Hyatt.

SO, the process is that when you fly into MCO, you DO NOT have the cruise tags on your luggage. You claim your luggage and go to the Hyatt. If you wish, for a fee they Hyatt will claim your luggage for you. You tell them that you are using DCL transfers in the morning. While at the Hyatt, you apply the DCL luggage tags and leave the luggage in your locked room. You go to the "Welcome Center" and give them the form from the Hyatt. You will see your luggage sometime that afternoon outside your cabin on the ship.

Let's be clear here--where are you going when you leave the Hyatt?

IF you are going on DCL' date=' you will not use Magical Express. Magical Express is a free service between MCO and WDW. That's all it does.

DCL transfers are $35 per person per "leg" and go between MCO and Port Canaveral and WDW/Port Canaveral.[/quote']

Sorry for confusion--Going from Hyatt/MCO to DCL at Port Canaveral (and yes, I know the charge). The Disney shuttles looked similar, so I'd thought they were Express.

Otherwise, thanks for the info. May have to confirm the process with Check-In--and had the agent put a note on the reservation--but sounds like what I was looking for.

Edited by EJanss

Great description as usual by moki.

I will add, some leave a tip on those bags in the room, to be hauled by the Hyatt porter to DCL.

Just a thought.

:)

Enjoy

It is one of those tough calls--DCL reimburses the Hyatt for providing the service but it is unlikely any of that money gets to the people who actually do the work.

It is one of those tough calls--DCL reimburses the Hyatt for providing the service but it is unlikely any of that money gets to the people who actually do the work.

Which is exactly why I mentioned leaving a tip for the Hyatt porters.

Just to be clear. If $ is left on the baggage destined for DCL, odds are it will get to the porters who deal with the luggage, unless Housekeeping steals it.

Fwiw the luggage is picked up early. Housekeeping is usually not that early, but ....

:)