Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones now on Prohibited List

Ex techie

So the security lines will now move more slowly as they verify the brand of each phone being brought on board?

I can't imagine why anyone would keep one of these phones.

I would hope they would ask people before the X-ray scanner to produce their phone (if they have one) and check it then.

You can't imagine why?

Sorry moki'smommy. I don't buy that for one second!

You are a very well travelled cruiser, and experienced board member. You know why :D :p

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Maybe I'm being dense, but there have been numerous reports of these phones spontaneously catching fire, some resulting in serious damage to homes, etc. The company has offered a full refund. I would certainly return the potentially defective model and purchase something that has a better safety record. But maybe that's just me.....

Maybe I'm being dense' date=' but there have been numerous reports of these phones spontaneously catching fire, some resulting in serious damage to homes, etc. The company has offered a full refund. I would certainly return the potentially defective model and purchase something that has a better safety record. But maybe that's just me.....[/quote']

Sorry, my sarcasm didn't come across very well!

You can't teach stupid was what I was saying :)

ex techie

Got it! :)

Of course there will be those people who figure returning it can wait until they get back off their cruise as they cannot bare the thought of not having a smartphone in the interim waiting for a refund or replacement.

Those and the blissfully ignorant.

I believe Samsung are trying to deactivate and shut off as many Note 7's as possible remotely because of the risk.

ex techie

So the security lines will now move more slowly as they verify the brand of each phone being brought on board?

I can't imagine why anyone would keep one of these phones.

This is all about liability. No one is going to check the phones of every passenger' date=' they do this so if you bring it on board and it causes an issue then you're responsible and not them since they notified you and your responsible for not brining on board a prohibited item. Plus if they do come across one they can either deny boarding or take your device to safely secure it.

No lines longer than normal. [emoji41']

Of course there will be those people who figure returning it can wait until they get back off their cruise as they cannot bare the thought of not having a smartphone in the interim waiting for a refund or replacement.
or stall for Note 8 release.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Forums mobile app

. . .(And I'm willing to bet that they ARE looking at every phone at airports. . . .

Talk about slowing security even more!

I think we flew before the Samsung crisis started, and no checking phones. But they really pawed through the bags and us. If they tell us what concerns them, we could help, but they must root through everything until they find the culprit.

Edited by knittinggirl

Talk about slowing security even more!

I think we flew before the Samsung crisis started, and no checking phones. But they really pawed through the bags and us. If they tell us what concerns them, we could help, but they must root through everything until they find the culprit.

They aren't. When we went on the Fantasy in early October there were signs in the airport saying the Note7 was not allowed on the planes. I have a Note5 and was not given a second look or never asked to identify my phone.

They aren't. When we went on the Fantasy in early October there were signs in the airport saying the Note7 was not allowed on the planes. I have a Note5 and was not given a second look or never asked to identify my phone.

Here is a photo of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (recalled) and Galaxy S7 Edge (okay). Unless you deal with these models every day, would you know which is which?

Samsung-Galaxy-Note7-versus-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-2-840x560.jpg

The silver one is the Note 7 and the gold is the S7 Edge.

Edited by cruiseabuser

Here is a photo of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (recalled) and Galaxy S7 Edge (okay). Unless you deal with these models every day, would you know which is which?

The silver one is the Note 7 and the gold is the S7 Edge.

From the face, no.

From the bottom, easy.

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-7-840x560.jpg

ex techie