Does Carnival ever have reduced deposit sales?

poobears

I got an email from RCCL that they are offering 50% off their deposits for May 5th and 6th. I've never seen that offer from Carnival. Do they ever do it? That would really help when we book our family cruise if we can put down 1/2.

I got an email from RCCL that they are offering 50% off their deposits for May 5th and 6th. I've never seen that offer from Carnival. Do they ever do it? That would really help when we book our family cruise if we can put down 1/2.

I would love to see them do this. I am looking to book a B2B2B for 2 cabins in Aug 2010, but I am holding off as long as I can because the deposits will be almost all of the cruise fare.

I know they do reduced deposits for groups like $25 etc. I mean non groups, just individual bookings.

I've not ever seen it, so I'd say no.

My PVP always lets me put down a deposit for 1 and then that holds the room (albeit at a single rate). Later, when I have the deposit for the 2nd person, I merely call and he adds the 2nd, changes it to a double and I'm good to go. The only down side to this is that, if the rate goes up between my paying the first deposit and the second I would have to pay the higher rate when changing to a double (which it was going to be all along when I paid the first deposit). Knock wood, the rate has not gone up yet between 1st and 2nd deposits, and effectively, I am paying a 50% deposit. Not sure if that helps you, OP. Can't hurt to ask your PVP if he/she would do this for you.

Archived