Wrist bands

nb125

Does anyone know if these work. I have never had a problem until our last cruise which was the first time in the Bay of Biscay which was a bit rough resulting in a constant feeling of nausea. I would rather not take pills for this if I can avoid it so I am wondering about the pressure bands.

Hi, yes they do work. Or they do for us. You have to ensure they sit correctly tho. If they didn't work nobody would buy them.

I once forgot them and on a tender that was going up and down I rubbed the pressure points on the wrist that they work on and it certainly helped.

There again could be all in the mind.

We use them at first sight of a swell and keep them on all the time.

Have used tablets when it was really rough with no side effects.

Everybody is different so what works for you may not work for others.

Ginger is good as well, sweets or biscuits.

I have used them in the past and I think they had some effect, but not as good as the tablets I normally take. I stopped using the bands because the pressure on one hand in particular seemed to restrict blood flow or something, making my hand and arm weak. It is a bad hand though as it has been injured in the past, so they could be OK for you.

I agree it would still be worth taking some tablets with you in case they are needed.

I would not like to actually recommend any sort of medication as not sure it is correct to do so, but I use Cinnarizine, which is marketed as Stugeron - I think it is a very common one. I often find I am a bit bad as any movement starts, but then find I only need to continue with them if the sea is really bad as you do get used to the movement. I think all sea sickness tablets can make you a bit tired, but no bad thing if the sea gets really rough as the best place is your bed. Seas are not often that bad though, so do not worry about it. I always find I am better with some soup and crackers or a small piece of bread.

Maybe best to speak to a pharmacist though, just in case you have any other medication or health problem that may suggest you would be better not taking those. A pharmacist would advise on the best type of pills for you. Hopefully you will not need any next time or the bands may work well enough alone.

Edited by tring

Stugeron for us. But as Tring says best to check with somebody qualified that they are OK to use if you are on other melds.

If you look on Amazon or other sites you can buy Ginger sweets for sea sickness that are supposed to good. There again Ginger can be a problem for people on blood thinning tablets so again check with the experts.😄