Parking at Liverpool Cruise Terminal

Tina.w12

We always use the Car Parking advertised by Fred.

Used it at Liverpool and Southampton.

You book on line, download parking pass and confirmation or it can be posted. You turn up next to the Terminal, porters take your luggage, you give a driver and supervisor your car keys and they take it away to park. On return you collect your keys on the Ship, walk off and go to your car parked in the car park next to the Terminal. It's easy.

Some people if staying the night before use a hotel and Park deal.

Only used those when flying.

We live within 10 miles of Liverpool, just the other side of the river, so have no first hand knowledge of parking for cruises from there.

My hunch is that the parking as mentioned previously would be the best bet, but I am wondering if your father lives in Lancashire as you appear to do so. If so, has he considered coming in by train as the terminal is very centrally placed, so a very short taxi ride from Lime Street Station. Depending upon the length of cruise, the parking fee saved may even make it worth while booking a hotel the night before for a relaxing start to the holiday.

The link below is for the cruise terminal's website and may be of some use to you.

http://www.cruise-liverpool.com/parking/

I doubt there are enough cruises from Liverpool for there to be any other car parks available with good access to the city centre - although I could be wrong on that. There is parking at the airport, but that is a long way out, so he would presumably need to get the airport bus into the centre of town (I think that is the 500, but not sure if that is still the case).

Happy searching,

Barbara

Edited by tring

We live within 10 miles of Liverpool, just the other side of the river, so have no first hand knowledge of parking for cruises from there.

My hunch is that the parking as mentioned previously would be the best bet, but I am wondering if your father lives in Lancashire as you appear to do so. If so, has he considered coming in by train as the terminal is very centrally placed, so a very short taxi ride from Lime Street Station. Depending upon the length of cruise, the parking fee saved may even make it worth while booking a hotel the night before for a relaxing start to the holiday.

The link below is for the cruise terminal's website and may be of some use to you.

http://www.cruise-liverpool.com/parking/

I doubt there are enough cruises from Liverpool for there to be any other car parks available with good access to the city centre - although I could be wrong on that. There is parking at the airport, but that is a long way out, so he would presumably need to get the airport bus into the centre of town (I think that is the 500, but not sure if that is still the case).

Happy searching,

Barbara

Thanks Barbara, my Father lives in the Lake District and is semi disabled, he would never manage on the train along with his luggage as it would require at least one change. He drives and he has booked with a friend so would require 2 hotel rooms as neither would share! I think his best solution would be the cps parking.

We had heard that they weren't doing Fred cruises anymore but I talked to them today and we had been misinformed

Glad it is sorted and hope he has a good cruise. I have never heard any complaints about the parking - well apart from cost and that seems to be an issue everywhere.

Be aware there is not a motorway or similar going into the centre of Liverpool, so it takes a while to plough into the centre of town from the outskirts, (especially from the north) - perhaps about half an hour to do those few miles depending on traffic. Also, Fred embark a bit later than other companies and do not serve lunch onboard on Embarkation day - just afternoon tea.

Barbara

I have no experience of cruising from Liverpool, but have used these people on 3 separate occasions for other ports:

https://www.justpark.com/

It's always worked well for us - just check that the parking provider is also able to transport you to the port and collect at the end of your cruise. Some don't, others are a bit 'hit and miss'.

wft

I have no experience of cruising from Liverpool, but have used these people on 3 separate occasions for other ports:

https://www.justpark.com/

It's always worked well for us - just check that the parking provider is also able to transport you to the port and collect at the end of your cruise. Some don't, others are a bit 'hit and miss'.

wft

I also have no personal knowledge of parking with this company in Liverpool. I did though just click the link and do a quick search to reveal the areas of Liverpool offerred for parking. I would be wary of parking for a few hours in those locations and would not want to park a car there myself for longer than that. Remember, Liverpool is a very big city and if you park relatively near to the city centre then you are in an inner city area. Most people would be honest enough and I would certainly not decry Liverpool compared to other large cities, but there are areas of London and other major cities, where I would not want to park.

Might work, but I do wonder what the insurance situation would be, perhaps the parking company named, or one's own insurance company can clarify that.

Edited by tring

We recently did a Fred cruise from Liverpool and used CPS. You drive up to the terminal, empty your car and the parking attendants give you a slip, the car is then driven off to a secure car park. On your return, you collect your luggage, go to the desk with your slip, they give you your keys, the car is parked alongside and off you go.

I also have no personal knowledge of parking with this company in Liverpool. I did though just click the link and do a quick search to reveal the areas of Liverpool offerred for parking. I would be wary of parking for a few hours in those locations and would not want to park a car there myself for longer than that. Remember, Liverpool is a very big city and if you park relatively near to the city centre then you are in an inner city area. Most people would be honest enough and I would certainly not decry Liverpool compared to other large cities, but there are areas of London and other major cities, where I would not want to park.

Might work, but I do wonder what the insurance situation would be, perhaps the parking company named, or one's own insurance company can clarify that.

Fair enough, but the spaces offered are generally on the owners property (or in their block of flats), rather than impersonal big car parks, as ever, DYOR.

wft

• 2 weeks later...

we have sailed from Liverpool several times and travel down the day before. we stay at the Crowne Plaza just behind the cruise terminal and do a stay, park and go package so the car is left there until our return. it is so easy and no hassle with the car.

• 7 months later...