Who would you pay to see?

Eglesbrech

They aren't appearing on Ventura. As the original post on this thread states, they are playing in The Limelight Club on Britannia, which is why there is a charge of £49.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

But isn't the usual fee £22 in there? including entertainment. An extra £27 for Duffy - I don't think so.

But isn't the usual fee £22 in there? including entertainment. An extra £27 for Duffy - I don't think so.

Yes, it is usually £22 - we've seen two different acts in there over two cruises on Britannia, and they were well worth the money.

Who's Duffy? :confused:

Ah, now I know who Cheryl Baker is. Bucks Fizz do remember. Kathryn Jenkins, I feel the same, she swallows her notes. Awful warble. Friend of mine who was a singer thinks the same.

That would explain why she's made approximately £16 million. Because your friend is a singer, it doesn't make him or her an expert of any sort.

Back to the theme and personal opinions on artists aside. Shows in the theatres normally have a 45 minute duration. For how long do these paid for acts perform ?? Surely not a mere hour or so ?

Yes, it is usually £22 - we've seen two different acts in there over two cruises on Britannia, and they were well worth the money.

Who's Duffy? :confused:

Hes the backing singer of Boyzone that appeared in Coronation St

£49 is just silly money. If it was either original band then maybe but it's just one out of each band. They admitted in Good Morning Britain they needed the money. Their tour tickets are £27.50 so why P&O feel they're able to charge so much more than the normal price for the limelight club I have no idea especially when the food choice is supposed to be limited and the food itself not much different to the main dining room. The more people pay into this type of extra charge the more the cruise line will do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

£49 is just silly money. If it was either original band then maybe but it's just one out of each band. They admitted in Good Morning Britain they needed the money. Their tour tickets are £27.50 so why P&O feel they're able to charge so much more than the normal price for the limelight club I have no idea especially when the food choice is supposed to be limited and the food itself not much different to the main dining room. The more people pay into this type of extra charge the more the cruise line will do it.

I agree that the food choice is very limited but it is speciality restaurant standard not MDR. Personally I think the atmosphere in the limelight with limited numbers is much better than a large theatre. I don't think I would pay so much for these two but for the more regular acts, £22 is a bargain

I think I would pick and choose according to the act. if I would pay to see them at home then I would be happy to pay for the convenience of walking down or up a couple of floors to see an act on a ship (and a meal as a well). We usually have to go go to Glasgow or Edinburgh to see anyone half decent with the cost of parking or trains, meals, overnight stay etc added to the ticket price.

While this particular act would not be one I would necessarily go to see there are others that I definitely would. For me it's all down to who it is.

I'm back from a 2 night cruise on the Britannia. I paid to see Jaki Graham 2 years ago there & I paid again to see her as she was fabulous entertainment. I knew my fiancé would really enjoy the evening. Both times the food was definitely a cut above the MDR food no doubts whatsoever. Jaki is worth the £22 fee alone but in any case, she would be on a flat rate pay wise. £49 is way steep in my view to see the others but obviously that's part of what they have negotiated with their P&O contract. My fiancé works in the entertainment industry & knows people who work on cruise ships singing etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I would certainly pay to see someone well known that I liked. How much, I wonder, would it cost to see them at such close quarters, on land?! Quite a lot more than £50 I suspect!

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

You can see Boyzone for £25 in Bridgwater this coming Friday.

Who would I pay to see ?

Bernie Clifton with his ostrich Oswald.

Basil Brush.

The Muppets.

Am I joking or not ? I'll let you decide.

Only one for me - Elvis (Presley) of course.

You can see Boyzone for £25 in Bridgwater this coming Friday.

It is not Boyzone in concert in Bridgewater this Friday but Boyzlife which is Keith Duffy and Brian Mc Fadden the same concert available on Britannia.

The real Robbie Williams -- love him or hate him he knows how to entertain.

I agree but we'd never afford him ;)

I'm not even bothered about singers, someone down to earth who can engage an audience with an interesting story is fine by me.

I wouldn't know most 'famous' people if they slapped me in the face with a wet fish. I don't watch much TV, never buy newspapers etc.

You don't want me on your quiz team that's for sure [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forgive me for harking back to the "good old days", but in this case they really were.

In my late teens up to early twenties I used to see on a weekly basis Led Zep, The Who, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Free, Jethro Tull and so on as well as middle of the road bands such as Dave dee etc, Love affair, Manfred Mann, Amen Corner. All this for 2 Bob (10% of my weekly wage.). Similar price when I was "out of my time" but obviously a much smaller percentage. I would not go and see big acts on land, far too much to pay.

However, when the acts on offer include the meal all for £22 a head, I would give it a try

Forgive me for harking back to the "good old days", but in this case they really were.

In my late teens up to early twenties I used to see on a weekly basis Led Zep, The Who, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Free, Jethro Tull and so on as well as middle of the road bands such as Dave dee etc, Love affair, Manfred Mann, Amen Corner. /quote]

Now your talking :cool:

Well I don't think I'll find my favourites even as a tribute band on P@O, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Hoping to see them sometime for my 50th.

I would also love to see them. P&O had them as part of the naming ceremony for Britannia and they were fantastic when we saw the live feed of the ceremony.