MSC Divina Deck 13 Aft Balcony

Skier52

Here It is the photo you've all been waiting for

The MSC Divina Deck 13 Aft Balcony. These are photos of the Balcony of cabin 13222

P1020632.jpg

P1020631.jpg

and the inside of one of the cabins by the kind cooperation of The occupant last week

Untitled-19.jpg

This should settle all the questions

1:- there is no walk way passed the cabins

2:- there are in fact balconies with french doors

3:- there is balcony furniture thought how useful is questionable

4:- the cabins look to be the standard balcony size

Pete

It's pictures like these which makes even a big MSC fan think " what were they thinking?".

Good idea........juliet balconies, Bad idea...........putting furniture on them.

Don't forget they are marketed as "OCEAN VIEW NOT BALCONY"

So people booking them get a pleasant surprise , unless they know of course!!!!

Pete

Thank you very much for the photos. And as I wrote in another thread, the balconies are very small but as long as they are sold as oceanview this is no problem. But the balconies are far from 40 sqm. as mentioned earlier at this board.

A couple of decks down the balconies are huge due to the curve of the stern.

Don't forget they are marketed as "OCEAN VIEW NOT BALCONY"

So people booking them get a pleasant surprise , unless they know of course!!!!

Pete

I would book this cabin. Best of both worlds without the cost..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your efforts....not bad if you were a miget trying to use one of those chairs on the little deck...wow......they are selling these as balcony cabins also ....not oceanview.....but you know for the price they are selling for the 18 day cruise it is not bad.....anyways..have lots of time to decide to go through with the booking.....a deal to book for $100 and hold for almost a year......if I see the price go down will ask for a ship credit also......thanks again...

Thanks for your efforts....not bad if you were a miget trying to use one of those chairs on the little deck...wow......they are selling these as balcony cabins also ....not oceanview.....but you know for the price they are selling for the 18 day cruise it is not bad.....anyways..have lots of time to decide to go through with the booking.....a deal to book for $100 and hold for almost a year......if I see the price go down will ask for a ship credit also......thanks again...

THey are still in the MSC virtual brochure as Catagory 5 "ocean view" cabins. In the UK at least that would be an offence under the trades description act to sell them as "balcony".

You could always contact your TA or MSC direct and point out the "mis-selling" of those cabins as balcony when they promote them as ocean view. Here are the screen shots from the MSC brochure as of 08:00 GMT today, they are clearly coloured Grey which according to the legend is a Cat. 5 oceanview

deck13b.jpg

deck13a.jpg

Pete

Here is a cut and paste section from our booking....notice the balcony category....will phone and see what is up....prob this is for the North American market as the Divina has never been here before and we are on the repo next fall to Miami....and then it is doing the cruises that the Poseia is doing now.....they really should not count these as true balconies...maybe I should bitch and get one of the other aft cabins as a freebie...which really have a nice balcony...lol....

13226 Cat 06

13226 Cat 06

Description of assigned cabin(s):

13226 - Balcony

Here is a cut and paste section from our booking....notice the balcony category....will phone and see what is up....prob this is for the North American market as the Divina has never been here before and we are on the repo next fall to Miami....and then it is doing the cruises that the Poseia is doing now.....they really should not count these as true balconies...maybe I should bitch and get one of the other aft cabins as a freebie...which really have a nice balcony...lol....

13226 Cat 06

13226 Cat 06

Description of assigned cabin(s):

13226 - Balcony

Give it a go!!! Deck 11 and 10 look to have HUGH balconies , try for one of those based on the mis-selling of Deck 13 cabins. It's got to be worth a punt.

Here is a link to the brochure i used today and you can download the deck plans from there and use it in your negociations, a free upgrade from Cat. 5/6 to Cat. 10

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

Pete

Tried their site to see what it was to book the same cruise....does not even show up....even the uk site.....when you try to get the ship plan from the msc usa site....it says file not found......I think when the divina is in the usa market they are changing things about....will still phone msc and see what I get from their agent in Miami...anyways.....the price for 18 days with the balcony I have booked is $1400 so less than 100 per day....not that shabby but I think the prices will come down....can not see 4000 people sailing from Venice to Miami in November.....this cruise line is a funny one...but not that bad....we cruise them for 14 days last year....had a nice time but as most people say the food for north americans is somewhat different......and also .....we do not pay for water in the dining room with dinner and have free coffee also after dinner...and I think the drinks are cheaper....no one here would pay $8 for a beer or a hard drink.....

Customer Care, MSC Cruises USA

I think they have a web blogger to lurks on the MSC thread to see what he North Americans say about the line.....look up my res and give me a call if you can figure out the category change for our market...and explain it to me.....Thanks

Tried their site to see what it was to book the same cruise....does not even show up....even the uk site.....when you try to get the ship plan from the msc usa site....it says file not found......I think when the divina is in the usa market they are changing things about....will still phone msc and see what I get from their agent in Miami...anyways.....the price for 18 days with the balcony I have booked is $1400 so less than 100 per day....not that shabby but I think the prices will come down....can not see 4000 people sailing from Venice to Miami in November.....this cruise line is a funny one...but not that bad....we cruise them for 14 days last year....had a nice time but as most people say the food for north americans is somewhat different......and also .....we do not pay for water in the dining room with dinner and have free coffee also after dinner...and I think the drinks are cheaper....no one here would pay $8 for a beer or a hard drink.....

I've found this page on their msccruises.com web site with your cruise itienerary and a link to the deck plans .. Still got deck 13 aft cabins as Cat. 5 !!!!

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/Cruise-Departures/Cruise-Details-MSC-Divina.aspx?cruise_id=DI20131102VCEMIA&ship_code=DI

It's got to be worth a call and get an upgrade for misrepresentation.

I've done 8 cruises with MSC now and always had a good cruise, they are as we say in the UK the "MARMITE" line; (MARMITE is a type of yeast extract spread, whose adverts carry the tag line "you either love it, or hate it"). Personally i hate marmite but love MSC, getting close to a BLACK card now.

pete

Well my TA after two days of phone calls etc got them to see that the aft cabins on deck 13 do not really have large balconies...like they are mini ones...lol......but others mid ship cat 6 do have larger balconies....anyways to make the story short....have an aft balcony now on deck 11 cat 10 I think for get this....$8 cheaper than the Juliette cat 6 aft...wow.....and these ones look like they have extra large balconies.....great for the trans Atlantic days at sea.....I guess the old saying " a picture is worth a 1000 words"....thanks for the pictures again.....

Thanks to MSC if you got this organized for us.....

Well my TA after two days of phone calls etc got them to see that the aft cabins on deck 13 do not really have large balconies...like they are mini ones...lol......but others mid ship cat 6 do have larger balconies....anyways to make the story short....have an aft balcony now on deck 11 cat 10 I think for get this....$8 cheaper than the Juliette cat 6 aft...wow.....and these ones look like they have extra large balconies.....great for the trans Atlantic days at sea.....I guess the old saying " a picture is worth a 1000 words"....thanks for the pictures again.....

Thanks to MSC if you got this organized for us.....

THat's brilliant, I'm really pleased for you . I must also say that I get a small kick out of playing a tiny part in the senario and hope that the bit of encouragement and support i offered also helped.

Congratulations once again and well done for persevering

Pete

I booked 13227 and 13229, and QUICLKY got out of these cabins....too small, but I realy had a great price for them, :-( So went and rebooked a superior balcony on deck 10... Going to be a great cruise, come Dec, 14, 2013...

Very smart move of you and I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise onboard this great ship.

Archived