ATTENTION Platinum and Diamond - World Club Benefit Change

hcrane

A heads up for Platinum and Diamond World Club Members with non refundable on board credit

The 20% discount on laundry and dry cleaning is only applicable AFTER your complementary on board credit has been spent.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I realize this is not a large amount of money but it is the principle of the matter.

Very many complaints were given to the CWC reps on board the voyage I just completed on QM2 but all they could do was shrug.

The pillow chocolates are also half the size the previous ones - too many were being thrown away so they decided to downsize them - "elf and safety" prevents them from being reused.

WC isn't worth much to me at the moment.

"Priority" disembarkation this AM was a total nonstarter. The WC rep who was supposed to be in Todd English was there for 2 minutes and disappeared. NOBODY could tell us what was going on, so we gave up and left TE and got in the queue. After queueing for ages for Immigration, we finally got "processed, and moved on to the next queue (for the gangway). I asked the little snip with the walkie-talkie if they were honoring diamond priority disembarkation. No. A man in Queens Grill asked about Grills priority and was told no. We were scolded--our numbers had been called earlier, and we didn't get to the gangway right away. So we lost our window of opportunity for priority disembarkation. Basically, her message was "you snooze, you lose." Except we weren't snoozing. I did hear our number called--while we were still waiting to go through Immigration.

We had a glorious week on QM2, and I was ready to look for my next voyage. I can't say that this morning "ruined my cruise," but it sure dented the post-vacation glow. The poor organization and dismissive treatment of WC makes me wonder if they really care about their "valued guests."

WHY does it always to go hell in a handbasket AFTER I fill in my evaluaton form?!?!? :(

WC isn't worth much to me at the moment.

"Priority" disembarkation this AM was a total nonstarter. The WC rep who was supposed to be in Todd English was there for 2 minutes and disappeared. NOBODY could tell us what was going on, so we gave up and left TE and got in the queue. After queueing for ages for Immigration, we finally got "processed, and moved on to the next queue (for the gangway). I asked the little snip with the walkie-talkie if they were honoring diamond priority disembarkation. No. A man in Queens Grill asked about Grills priority and was told no. We were scolded--our numbers had been called earlier, and we didn't get to the gangway right away. So we lost our window of opportunity for priority disembarkation. Basically, her message was "you snooze, you lose." Except we weren't snoozing. I did hear our number called--while we were still waiting to go through Immigration.

We had a glorious week on QM2, and I was ready to look for my next voyage. I can't say that this morning "ruined my cruise," but it sure dented the post-vacation glow. The poor organization and dismissive treatment of WC makes me wonder if they really care about their "valued guests."

WHY does it always to go hell in a handbasket AFTER I fill in my evaluaton form?!?!? :(

We had prioroty disembarkation at Southampton and we were off the ship by 9:15 and in our car on the way home by 9:30, maybe with your recent troubles in NY, with the storm, security is a little tighter.

We had prioroty disembarkation at Southampton and we were off the ship by 9:15 and in our car on the way home by 9:30, maybe with your recent troubles in NY, with the storm, security is a little tighter.
The shore facilities are still being dried out so immigration was moved onboard to the Queens Room. So not a tightening of security per se but probably more an issue that they really hadn't done it this way before.

I understand that the self-disemarkation process was impacted today as well.

A heads up for Platinum and Diamond World Club Members with non refundable on board credit

The 20% discount on laundry and dry cleaning is only applicable AFTER your complementary on board credit has been spent.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I realize this is not a large amount of money but it is the principle of the matter.

Very many complaints were given to the CWC reps on board the voyage I just completed on QM2 but all they could do was shrug.

The pillow chocolates are also half the size the previous ones - too many were being thrown away so they decided to downsize them - "elf and safety" prevents them from being reused.

Typical of HQ poor Customer relations thinking as regard to the discount on laundry.

On another board I read that the strategy taught those entering Management is that the risk of losing a loyal repeater by doing away with a "perk" is very small, that it is more important to grab the opportunity to snag a semi loyalpassenger (one who is doing 2nd or 3rd trip) by pandering to them in other words "conning" them .

Cunard loyalty rewards at the top levels are less worthwhile than other cruise lines . They think we will book with them even if they do not show their appreciation, and unfortunately if you want a line that has a formal atmosphere it has to be Cunard.

The shore facilities are still being dried out so immigration was moved onboard to the Queens Room. So not a tightening of security per se but probably more an issue that they really hadn't done it this way before.

I understand that the self-disemarkation process was impacted today as well.

The people on the ship tried to blame Immigration, but I don't buy it. I don't think Immigration was concerned about how the passengers were moved about, as long as the ship's staff made sure that passengers did not disembark without showing proof that they went through immigration. The guy checking immigration cards in the gangway queue asked to see them repeatedly, because he couldn't remember whose cards he had looked at. Several of us were asked about the cards THREE times, despite the fact that they were visible in our hands. Despite being in a panic about SEEING the cards, staff did not collect them at the gangway. I expected to have to hand in the immigration card when I handed in my keycard.

Immigration used to be done on board on QE2. They organized it by decks, not by clusters of people scattered all over the ship, as they did this AM. I think some of the people working today were shoreside check-in agents. They generally don't know how to do anything beyond checking tickets and passports, so they weren't a lot of help.

There was no self-help disembarkation this morning. We were told it was due to damage on the pier, but I think it may have been because of having the immigration inspection on board.

Typical of HQ poor Customer relations thinking as regard to the discount on laundry.

On another board I read that the strategy taught those entering Management is that the risk of losing a loyal repeater by doing away with a "perk" is very small, that it is more important to grab the opportunity to snag a semi loyalpassenger (one who is doing 2nd or 3rd trip) by pandering to them in other words "conning" them .

Cunard loyalty rewards at the top levels are less worthwhile than other cruise lines . They think we will book with them even if they do not show their appreciation, and unfortunately if you want a line that has a formal atmosphere it has to be Cunard.

There's always Crystal & a few other "formal" lines, but their prices are too stiff for my taste.

I think a lot of the problem this morning was that people were ignoring the colour coded disembarkation numbers and simply joining the queue when they wanted - if this had been better policed and queue jumpers turned away it might have been easier - as it was, when they called my "priority" number the queue stretched from the Queen's Room, through the Lobby and back past the theatre- so we went back to Todd English - where they chucked us out at 10 - by which time the queue was ~ 20 minutes and only reached the Chart Room. Immigration itself went smoothly and quickly - then there was a 40 minute wait for a taxi.....

Hi HCrane. Thanks for that update. Being World Club Platinum, I wondered if any other benefits had changed, or will be altered for future voyages. So I went to cunard.com com and searched "World Club", with 0 search results.

Can anyone please tell me how to find World Club benefits on the new website? Thanks, Salacia

Hi HCrane. Thanks for that update. Being World Club Platinum, I wondered if any other benefits had changed, or will be altered for future voyages. So I went to cunard.com com and searched "World Club", with 0 search results.

Can anyone please tell me how to find World Club benefits on the new website? Thanks, Salacia

Here it is.

That's the Australian version, not sure if it will work for you.

The FAQ contains info on the benefits of platinum, and it does appear to be up to date as it explains that the laundry discount will only apply after the obc has been used up.

Here it is.

That's the Australian version, not sure if it will work for you.

The FAQ contains info on the benefits of platinum, and it does appear to be up to date as it explains that the laundry discount will only apply after the obc has been used up.

Thank you. Yes, I was able to access that page. Couldn't find it on the USA website.

Ok, so, I send out drycleaning/laundry. But I haven't spend my entire on-board credit, so I don't get the 20% WC discount.

But then, a few days later, my on board credit is exhaused. Then does the 20% discount get applied to my precious drycleaning/laundry?

The wording on the terms is ambigious on this point, to quote:. 20% Savings will be applied after any allocated non-refundable on board credit has been spent.

Yes, I know, we're not talking about much money here, but nickles and dimes seems important to Cunard, so I'll play the:cool: game

But then, a few days later, my on board credit is exhaused. Then does the 20% discount get applied to my precious drycleaning/laundry?

e

The discount will only apply when you are paying with "new money" debited from your credit card .

David.

It's at the very top of the main page, under "Cunard World Club" (Just to the left of "Search," actually :) ). One click takes you to a page listing benefits at each tier.

I didn't find it on my first try (I thought it might have been under "Your Cunard Experience") but then I saw it hidden in plain sight.

by the way:

7. 20% Savings will be applied after any allocated non-refundable on board credit has been spent.

, and unfortunately if you want a line that has a formal atmosphere it has to on Cunard and P&O.

Not quite true. I have seen no difference between Cunard and P&O on formality. Of course this line is angled towards the British market, but certainly in UK we do not have to sail Cunard to get Cunard standards, in many ways we have found them superior. Both are Carnival though, but of the two the loyalty benefits are better for us with Cunard in that we get lots of Internet time. I can see this being restricted next.

David.

seems to me that Cunard push onboard credit via their future cruise deposit programme , OBCs with bookings , carnival stock holder credits and then make it impossible for you to spend it on tours etc because they are all sold out by the time you get on board

Its all more ridiculous nickel and diming and failing to grasp that the sorry financial mess the world and the UK is in has heavily impacted on a large majority of their typical passengers

Last week when we were on the Qm2 i had brought some onboard credit myself and i still had to use this up before they would give me discount on my dry cleaning, even after i used it they forgot to take it off and said they would credit the $8.00 back to my card...Still waiting

And they still confiscate any unspent OBC (your money) at the end of the cruise. They seem to be unable or more likely unwilling to grasp that this should be added as a credit to your on board account.

Folks, never ever buy your own OBC. Leave it in your bank even if it is earning nothing. Sometimes I despair of Cunard who seem to make up their own outrageous rules and to get away with it.

David.

Ok, so, I send out drycleaning/laundry. But I haven't spend my entire on-board credit, so I don't get the 20% WC discount.

The wording on the terms is ambigious on this point, to quote:. 20% Savings will be applied after any allocated non-refundable on board credit has been spent.

Yes, I know, we're not talking about much money here, but nickles and dimes seems important to Cunard, so I'll play the:cool: game

Hi Salacia,

Here's a link:

http://www.cunard.com/already-booked/cunard-world-club/

The 20% will be applied to laundry when OOC is gone but it is not retroactive to what had been done when you had OBC.

Emailed my agent and decorum prevents me from repeating what she said.

I also emailed a few folks in Valencia - it was all news to them out there in Calffornia.

Time for another Tea Party? After all Cunard's first US port was Boston:)

And they still confiscate any unspent OBC (your money) at the end of the cruise. They seem to be unable or more likely unwilling to grasp that this should be added as a credit to your on board account.

Folks, never ever buy your own OBC. Leave it in your bank even if it is earning nothing. Sometimes I despair of Cunard who seem to make up their own outrageous rules and to get away with it.

David.

WHAT???? That's outrageous!!! I understand that if they GIVE you the OBC, they can take that back as it's "their" money. But if you buy your OBC, or someone gives it to you as a gift, that is not "their" money, and they should not keep it.

I think a lot of the problem this morning was that people were ignoring the colour coded disembarkation numbers and simply joining the queue when they wanted - if this had been better policed and queue jumpers turned away it might have been easier - as it was, when they called my "priority" number the queue stretched from the Queen's Room, through the Lobby and back past the theatre- so we went back to Todd English - where they chucked us out at 10 - by which time the queue was ~ 20 minutes and only reached the Chart Room. Immigration itself went smoothly and quickly - then there was a 40 minute wait for a taxi.....

As they always do.

David.

Yes, too true. Sadly, the crew made no attempt at any method of control. A few people tried to jump the queue by pretending they didn't know where the end was. People politely, but firmly, told them where the end was. Two men jumped the queue right at the door of the Britannia restaurant and would not go. Several people told them where the end of the queue was and how unfair it was on the people who had been waiting for more than an hour, but they wouldn't listen. Several of us simply refused to let them wriggle in ahead of us, but they soon found someone who gave in. At least a fight didn't break out, which is a testimony to the good behavior of those of us who had been queueing for so long.

What I find intersting is that the crew were SURPRISED that this happened! Had they never seen the queues for tenders????? As we were leaving the ship, I heard the snippy little girl with the walkie-talkie trying to explain the situation to the person on the other end. She said "We're surprised that so many people got in the queue early, so it isn't working quite according to plan." That's a heck of a euphemism for "our plans were poor and it's a shrieking mess."

Perhaps if they had given everyone the full list, people might have understood. We got the list for independent travelers. Looking at that list, it appeared that Immigration officers were on board at 6:45 with nothing to do until the first group would be called at 9:00. So why not scoot in right away before other arrive? Based on previous experience, I think the 6:45-9:00 interval was probably for tours and intransit passengers. And if the independents had known that, some might have been more understanding of the time frames.

Our reward for standing in the queue instead of waiting in TE was that it was easy to get a porter and there were few people waiting for cars. AND we got out early enough to avoid waiting charges from the car service. If we hadn't arranged the car service, we would have lounged around TE all morning.

There are two ways you can solve this.

1. Bring enough clothes to last until you've used up your OBC. (I realize that this is a problem if you've toured before the cruise and are ready for laundry when you board.)

2. Hit the bars and the sales tables right away to use up that OBC! Lots of good stuff at those sales. In fact, if you cruise soon, you might be able to snag one of the black-and-white gingham checked taffeta dresses. I saw them in Feb, and they're still on the sale racks. Don't miss your chance!!!

I suppose one thing that helps is that they deduct the tip/service charge for the voyage and the price of any pre-booked tours right at the beginning. That can eat into your OBC pretty well.

Archived