Internet in the Fjords

Deeliteful

Anyone who has cruised through the Norwegian Fjords know the situation with internet?

Is it reliable? Can you access it throughout the cruise?

Thanks in advance (need it for work!)

Pat

We were in the fjords last week. I used cellular data from my cabin in the ports. I had really good 3G and was very surprised. Data in Europe (including Norway) is included in my O2 tariff.

A steward in Sindhu was saying that the Fjords is tough for them as they cannot keep in touch with family using the ships internet.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on Aurora last week and the only time it was off was when sailing out through the Fjords after leaving Flaam and then for a while on the way to Olden. Other than that it seemed to be available most of the time. I used it as little as possible as I wanted to enjoy the cruise so there may be other places it's not available that I never noticed.

Hope that helps:)

• 3 weeks later...
I was on Aurora last week and the only time it was off was when sailing out through the Fjords after leaving Flaam and then for a while on the way to Olden. Other than that it seemed to be available most of the time. I used it as little as possible as I wanted to enjoy the cruise so there may be other places it's not available that I never noticed.

Hope that helps:)

Thanks for this info, as I was just wondering for our forthcoming cruise. Don't normally bother, but this time we need access at times.

If you list your ports of call people may be able to tell you if they got internet there ok.

Bit late now as sailed on 7th May but had no problems at all with internet and found it very reasonably priced too. :D