Dream 4J staterooms (interiors with obstructed views)

deanswife1990

I think we have finally decided on the Dream for our cruise Sept 2011. When we were on the Freedom we found the secret decks and noticed the rooms (category 4J) that over look those decks. I am very interested to see if anyone has stayed in one and what they thought of it. Pictures would help as well if you have any.

Thanks A Bunch!!!

It did not seem to be a handicap room, it was just large, you have tons of space, no it couldn't be there is a step up into the bathroom which would make it impossible for someone in a wheelchair to access.

Thanks for the info Wendy. That room is huge!! Was it by chance a handicap room?

Thanks for the info Wendy. That room is huge!! Was it by chance a handicap room?

10205 is not a handicapped room. 10201-10204 are handicapped rooms. About half of these types of rooms on the Dream are handicapped, so choose carefully.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/pdf/ADADream.pdf The handicapped rooms are highlighted in blue.

Edited by k2excursion

OMG yes it can get really windy out there, but it is so beautiful to be out on that deck.

We had 7201 on the Dream. We liked the room but there was quite a bit of motion up there. We liked having the secret deck almost always to ourselves but it did get windy out there.

I am going to take some time and post all I can about this. Both to answer your questions and to get it into the archives. I asked this same question myself, did a lot of research and never really got a solid answer.

I was on the 10/16/2010 sailing of the dream. I booked 10202 and my friends in 10201 and 10203. None of us were handicap, but we all understood that we could get bumped if someone needed it and actually fully expected to. But we didn't.

10202 = VERY large room. I would say it is probably about 1 3/4 of a statndard room. Not quite 2 cabins together. We had plenty of space, storage and living. it has a sofa that pulls out to a bed and a pullman bed from the ceiling. So this cabin can sleep 4. The beds can be either 2 twins or 1 queen. We left it in the Queen position.

The bathroom is a full wheel chair accessible cabin with roll in bathroom and roll in shower. There are handles on the walls and the shower has a fold down seat. The fixtures are all handicap accessible.

The cabin is a 4J obstructed, so it does have a large window. I will say this and believe what I am typing. With the curtains open, you CAN see in the window during the day. It is some what shielded from the tint on the windows....but you can see in from the outside. So if someone is out on the "secret deck" looking in....they will see whatever you might be doing. BUT, with that said....there really wasn't much foot traffic out there during the week. At night....you MUST close the curtains. You can see right in with no problem. As far as obstructed....yes, a bit. But you can see out and it's a nice view.

The cabin does have all the normal stuff...refrigerator, safe, hair drier, etc... I think the pictures will speak for themselves.

One thing I do want to mention though and I included a picture to explain this....the forward hallway on Lido does not go from Port side to Starboard side. It is split in the middle by crew doors/stairs. If you are in 10202 and want to go to 10201, you can not just walk next door. You have to go all the way back down the hallway to the stairs/elevators and cross to the other hallway and walk all the way back up. Or go outside and cross the "secret deck" to the other side, which is much faster.

Ok, the outside part.... Yes, it can be windy out there. I actually spent quite a bit of time out there both day and night. 85% of the time it was just fine. One night we had really strong winds and it was nothing but a struggle to walk form one side to the other...darn near blew me right over. There are benches out there and you can get down to deck 9 via the starcase. Very nice place to spend quit time or when the ship is coming into/leaving port.

Would I stay in this cabin again? YES!! I would not even think twice about it. It was a great cabin! Yes, there is a bit of walking involved simply because you are all the way forward...but you're also on Lido....so everything it right there.

Take a look at the pictures. I have also uploaded them onto http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me an email to tony@tobyaz.com.

Enjoy the pictures!

10202_1.jpg

10202_2.jpg

10202_3.jpg

10202_4.jpg

10202_5.jpg

10202_6.jpg

Edited by TTz

We had 7201 on the Dream. We liked the room but there was quite a bit of motion up there. We liked having the secret deck almost always to ourselves but it did get windy out there.

PirateGal

We have that room on the Magic and was wondering how the room is set up. Is the bed sideways like a normal ocenview or is head of the bed against the window like an inside would be? Does it have a couch or just a chair? Thanks for your help

PirateGal

We have that room on the Magic and was wondering how the room is set up. Is the bed sideways like a normal ocenview or is head of the bed against the window like an inside would be? Does it have a couch or just a chair? Thanks for your help

Sabreboss - The bed in the room is sideways, not with the head against the window. We did not have a couch like the photos of 4J rooms posted above in this thread. Across the hall from the room is the steward station so we would hear a little bit of noise and rustling in the mornings but nothing too disruptive. I wish I could post a picture for you but I lost my camera on the ship and it was never returned to Guest Services.

Hope that helps!

Sabreboss - The bed in the room is sideways, not with the head against the window. We did not have a couch like the photos of 4J rooms posted above in this thread. Across the hall from the room is the steward station so we would hear a little bit of noise and rustling in the mornings but nothing too disruptive. I wish I could post a picture for you but I lost my camera on the ship and it was never returned to Guest Services.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply, we think it will be a great room, We were hoping the bed was sideways, for some reason that just seems more normal. Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me where the door leading to the front open deck is on the Lido Deck from Cabin 10205 on the Dream? I don't see it on the deck plan.

Thanks.

I'd like to know that also , just booked 10206 and the PVP said it did not look like there was a door to the outside deck..just stairs from above or below.. i'm excited to have this room Dream 3/26/11... just changed from 10219 ... any info would be helpful :p

Can anyone tell me where the door leading to the front open deck is on the Lido Deck from Cabin 10205 on the Dream? I don't see it on the deck plan.

Thanks.

There definitely is a door to the "secret" deck - we were in 10205 and the door is right near the cabin. We were out on the deck several times and loved it, hardly anyone goes out there. We are booked on the Freedom for this coming May and booked another 4J - great value for the money.

Thanks.

They are at the ends of the front hallway, I have made them red in this picture.

Also note, the front hallway does not go through from starboard side to port side. There are crew door(s)/stairs in the middle. After my Dream cruise, I sent a note to www.cruisedeckplans.com about this and they updated their deck plan with this picture.

fss.jpg

There definitely is a door to the "secret" deck - we were in 10205 and the door is right near the cabin. We were out on the deck several times and loved it, hardly anyone goes out there. We are booked on the Freedom for this coming May and booked another 4J - great value for the money.

Was there much noise? Could you hear the door going out to the deck close.I'm in 10206 and would hate to hear the door slamming when people went outside.

TIA

Was there much noise? Could you hear the door going out to the deck close.I'm in 10206 and would hate to hear the door slamming when people went outside.

TIA

No noise at all. It is actually a double door system and the inside door has a damper on it, so it doesn't slam.

Wendymac , can you please tell me what the blank space between 10205 & 10206 and the wall to the outside deck is? TIA

• 2 months later...

We are leaving on Saturday and are staying in room 7201 on the dream. Do you have any pics of the room and the private deck? I'm a little worried now because I've read several posts that say the rooms at the front there is more motion then the room on the sides of the ship.

We are leaving on Saturday and are staying in room 7201 on the Dream. Would you happen to have any pics of the room and that deck outside of the room. I'm a little nervouse after reading how there is a lot more motion in the rooms at the front of the ship as I tend to get a little motion sick. Hoping for calm seas. Also, how did you like St. Thomas and St. Maarten?