P&O Australia - Alcoholic Drink Packages

Aussie71

Hi, I was researching the P&O UK web site and there are Wine Packages available for purchase from £76 to £81 pounds. Is there something similar for a moderate (to bulk) purchase of alcoholic drinks (beer or wine) on the P&O Australian cruise liners (particularly the Pacific Dawn)?

Hi, I was researching the P&O UK web site and there are Wine Packages available for purchase from £76 to £81 pounds. Is there something similar for a moderate (to bulk) purchase of alcoholic drinks (beer or wine) on the P&O Australian cruise liners (particularly the Pacific Dawn)?

No. You can just buy bottles of wine as you go. Prices range from $22 upwards.

I would say there are a lot of poeple that wish there was buy two get one free) or 'Happy Hours'

That would save you money. You wouldn't have to spend the $250 a day you told us you budget for.

It wouldn't save us much. We only have a part bottle of wine with dinner each evening.:)

That would save you money. You wouldn't have to spend the $250 a day you told us you budget for.

It wouldn't save us much. We only have a part bottle of wine with dinner each evening.:)

yes $250 would be our budget per day give or take a little on the ship or ships, as we save well and when we go on hols,we do not look at our wallet very much, and thats why we cruise in suites, but we do not do many tours as most tours are not worth the money, but what we do is hire some one to take us around or hire a care/van to tour around in.

I would say a bottle good wine for lunch and a bottle of good wine dinner is ok what do you think? ( not the cheap stuff and not run in sit down through the food down and run lunch or dinner) sit and enjoy a good bottle of and enjoy the food that some one /people have taken the time to prepair and design and cook for us/ all of us.

as for happy hour and well we leave that for the binge drinkers which would take us back to I think was called ( The 5 or 6 oclock swell) lol. not for us thank you.

as for happy hour and well we leave that for the binge drinkers which would take us back to I think was called ( The 5 or 6 oclock swell) lol. not for us thank you.

I think 6 oclock swell is code for Elite Happy Hour on Princess Cruises or is it 6 oclock swill?

Colleen

We would definately not qualify as 'big' drinkers. It is unfortunate that a wine or beer package is not availalbe. Four bottles of wine would last us a seven night cruise.

I could see that this type of sale, could encourage 'binge' drinking.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently came back from a cruise to NZ on Sun Princess. At dinner you can get moderately priced wine, probably starting around the $25 if I remember correctly, but not all types. We decided on the last day to pick up a bottle of the stuff we liked at the Bay of Islands, at a better price than on board. What a mistake!!!. Yes we could take to our table to drink with dinner, but they charged us $20 AUS for corkage. mmmmmmmmm, won't be doing that again. Duty free, only at Auckland, and some wasn't too bad a price. On board on our cruise leaving Brisbane on 16/11/2011 we run out of rum, so some people weren't very happy.

Happy sailing

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your quick replies.......Shame....some lines do a nice reduced Cocktail of the day....not cheap....does NOT encourage bing drinking but helps soften the budget. I heard P & O were more sensible on the drink prices opposed to Royal Caribbean and Princess....that's why I asked the question... but thank you for your quick responses x

Archived