Lost reservation

JoAnne B

Love SeaDream so I hesitated to post this, but anybody who booked future cruises on SDI recently should check their reservation asap. We literally chased after our club director to book the fall crossing. On the last day he assured us that the booking was in order but gave us no paperwork. On disembarkation day I tried again, still no paperwork. I should have insisted, but trusted that he was holding the suite (owners w/wait list for admiral's which is our favorite). Signed for cc and wait list charge. Came home and found out my TA was told there was no res, only the wait list. It doesn't make sense since you need a confirmed booking to wait list. And they have since sold the suite. I have called and called SD but, they keep putting me off. So i'm in limbo. I know that my booking was not the only one mishandled, so it would be wise to confirm any onboard reservation.

Wow - that's terrible. I'm sorry that happened to you. We have booked onboard on the last day and left the ship with no paperwork, but they always sent it to our TA afterward. I hope this resolves favorably for you.

Very strange, indeed! Have made countless on-board reservations and have

never failed to receive paper work on the booking provided by the Club Director.

Equally strange in that you "signed" your credit card slip for deposit and

wait list charges (equally strange that I have wait-listed before and never

been asked for additional monies) which should be evidence to SD of your

booking.

As a frequent guest, I would suggest you speak to Adrienne d'Annunzio at SD in Miami, who in our past dealings, has been very accommodating and explain the situation to her. I am certain she will get to be bottom of it.

Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I am glad to report that I am back on SD I for the fall crossing. All at SD worked hard to resolve this impossible problem. I cannot imagine why the onboard "booking" was never done as there is a financial reward for bookings. There appears to be a real problem with that one employee and I hope that Miami watches him a little closer. I will never have blind trust again and will insist on paperwork instead of "don't worry". Having said that I am sorry that the person who booked the cabin later had to cancel and hope that it is not for health or other unpleasant circumstances. I was happy to receive the call from Diane at SD Miami that the suite was available.

So I'll start counting the days until Malaga. I was thinking of spending some time in Barbados after but the hotels appear to be selling out quickly. I did notice that some of the "all inclusives" only consist of a meal plan, and do not include beverages. After 13 days on SD that would never do. Anybody have a favorite hotel or resort there?

Regarding Barbados, we have stayed in a number of different places. Tell us what sort of hotel you are looking for, and someone will have some suggestions for you.

After SeaDream service for 13 days, Barbados service will be a rude awakening I am afraid.

Ha, no it's typical Australian Ho-Hum, I also immediately thought of THE Gallipoli in Turkey but realising when looking at the itinerary it is nowhere near Turkey! Can't blame the TA!

Such a great wrap up of your days, I don't know how you find the time! And yes, simply get two maps, perhaps "rip" out the centre or something :D