Currency Exchange on board QM2

mtsublueraider

Has anyone had any experience in exchanging money on board? We don't need a ton of cash going from NYC to Canada but I would like to have some change for cab fare and just to have on hand. I know I can order through my bank at home but for just $50 or so would it make sense to just do on board?

I've always heard the rates at airports are bad because it's easy to do.... but what about at the ship?

Thanks!

Has anyone had any experience in exchanging money on board? We don't need a ton of cash going from NYC to Canada but I would like to have some change for cab fare and just to have on hand. I know I can order through my bank at home but for just $50 or so would it make sense to just do on board?

I've always heard the rates at airports are bad because it's easy to do.... but what about at the ship?

Thanks!

You can use US dollars in Canada.

Thanks!

Use USD in Canada. Exchange rate will be poor . You'll get change back in CDN dollars . If you have a credit card , why noy use it. Most cabs , stores and restaurants accept Visa and MasterCard. Amex and Discover aren't very commonly used or accepted in Canada.

Use USD in Canada. Exchange rate will be poor . You'll get change back in CDN dollars . If you have a credit card , why noy use it. Most cabs , stores and restaurants accept Visa and MasterCard. Amex and Discover aren't very commonly used or accepted in Canada.

Good advice, and from a Canadian! You could also look for an ATM when you get off the ship. And yes, the exchange rate for US to Canadian on board the ship is not good.

You might want to check with your bank and see if they have a relationship with a Canadian bank for free ATM usage. BofA has relationships with a number of banks abroad for example. In Canada is Scotia Bank and in the UK Barclays, yours may too. Else using a credit card will get you the best exchange rate, but your card company may charge international fees. I would check with them.